Canada legal Weed. What else do you need to know?

Missioncode

This is true.

In regards to Cannabis (Pot), the stuff is kind of magical in the health benefits it actually has. If you could find a way to ingest it without smoking it (there are ways obviously), it is fine. 

It can regrow your spinal cord tissue, of which no other chemical, "herb", or ingredient (or [insert term related to this here]) can do. 

Pretty cool honestly. I still wouldn't touch it because I like to keep my mind "mine" as much as I can. Tried alcohol, didn't like it, couldn't control myself. Tried tobacco, didn't like it, couldn't control myself. About the only weakness I have now is sweets. I love sugar. Man, I need to figure that one out.

Oh gosh sugar...

Stupid

Stupid addicting with the withdrawal symptoms of a migraine for me :(

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

I knew a guy who had a permit for medicinal weed in Canada. He said it was really crappy weed; mostly sticks.

I believe it's currently possible to get legal weed, but it takes a lot of work to actually be able to do it.

It would be pretty cool if they made it legal entirely and not as crappy as medicinal weed.

As my signature shows,  I am in a state with legal weed. I can promise you that it is not like we have stoned zombies roaming the street here.  The only thing I don't like is the weed flag wavers as I hate that form of advertising. . . . and yes we do get weed flag wavers, all over.  I also live with someone who has been through a hellish medical few years, is currently significantly healthier than any doctor expected him to be, and he gives weed the credit.

Really it is like most other things in life, fine in moderation, has its good and bad, and really should not need to have any kind of effect on others around you.  We have never had a smell complaint for it, but if we did I would treat it the same as if someone did not like the smell of my cooking and take steps to seal my house better/address the issue in a manor that would cause it to no long be an outside issue.

Yes weed can help people.  Part of the reason that I am so happy about it becoming legal here is that now we can explore and study it more.  We can make it better.  Even being pro-weed, I still do acknowledge that getting high is a significant side effect to weed used medicinally.  While we are making progress (look up Charlotte's Web strain if you want to know more) with the resent changes I expect more I want to see people be able to gain the benefits of weed without the side effects. I  want to harness those portions independently. 

Also, in Colorado we have a booming edibles industry.  The plant is still cheaper, but we have a number of companies that make their own edible products and wholesale them to dispensaries to be sold to the public.  We have the standard baked goods, but also soda/drinks, granola, hot sauce, hard candies (very popular), and on and on and on.  We even had a full on restaurant for awhile but. . . . well legalities happen.  We also have topical lotions as well that are being explored.  And you can buy hash oil cartridges pre-filled and ready to use on a vaporizer.  There is so much more to this than just smoking. 

Intel Core i5 2400 - Corsair Vengeance 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24 - four strips) - ASUS P8Z68-V LE - GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI Power Edition) - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Boot drive with 2.5TB in a random nightmare of a configuration

I knew a guy who had a permit for medicinal weed in Canada. He said it was really crappy weed; mostly sticks.

I believe it's currently possible to get legal weed, but it takes a lot of work to actually be able to do it.

It would be pretty cool if they made it legal entirely and not as crappy as medicinal weed.

"Medical" weed is the same as what you get on the street.

It's grown by the people who are authorized to sell it.

As for getting permission to buy it..  easy,  doctors hand out those notes like candy

"Medical" weed is the same as what you get on the street.

It's grown by the people who are authorized to sell it.

As for getting permission to buy it..  easy,  doctors hand out those notes like candy

Well, the people who are authorized to sell it clearly weren't doing a very good job. 

If doctors in Canada actually were able to hand out a prescription, you'd probably see more people with a medicinal weed permit. The guy I know was in serious pain and he said the amount of paperwork made it pretty much impossible for him to get medicinal weed.

Yeah no. The setup the Founding Fathers had was bad. And this is coming from a libertarian.

There is extensive evidence to prove the medical benefits of marijuana. Inhaling smoke is bad, but if you absolutely must smoke, please smoke weed. Alcohol is the most deadly drug in the world- why is it legal and not marijuana?

I consider it emphatically better than the current one personally.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Well for the longest time, weed has been considered "illegal" up here. Might as well create a Stupid Tax, just like the lottery and cigarettes. Like I said, if I pay less tax, I'm happy. 13% is far too high, and that's just for purchases.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Never tried weed or any other drug. (Well alcohol and Cigarettes and poppers) but none of it is for me. I won't judge anyone that uses it and  I see no issue with it's legalization. The fact is the in the US the prisons are full of low level offenders, most drug offences are for marijuana, it's less harmful than cigarettes, yes it effects your brain and mood but so does alcohol. People need to grow up and accept the facts. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Well, the people who are authorized to sell it clearly weren't doing a very good job. 

If doctors in Canada actually were able to hand out a prescription, you'd probably see more people with a medicinal weed permit. The guy I know was in serious pain and he said the amount of paperwork made it pretty much impossible for him to get medicinal weed.

Trust me, doctors are handing them out like Candy.

I could have a prescription for pot by tomorrow if I wanted one.

I have at least 4 pot dispensors within 2 blocks of me.  everyone and their dog is getting pot from them

one them  even has a storefront selling skateboards and t-shirts.

Trust me, doctors are handing them out like Candy.

I could have a prescription for pot by tomorrow if I wanted one.

I have at least 4 pot dispensors within 2 blocks of me.  everyone and their dog is getting pot from them

one them them even has a storefront selling skateboards and t-shirts.

Where do you live? I've never seen anything like that in Ontario.

Where do you live? I've never seen anything like that in Ontario.

Vancouver.

You probably don't see them in Ontario because people out their are a little more discreet about things like that.

I'm from Toronto originally.

Vancouver, everything is out in the open...  even the drug dealers selling coke and heroine do it openly.

Smoke pot openly..ok...... crack open a beer and you get your ass kicked.

The polar opposite of Toronto/Ontario..... drink a beer ok..... smoke pot and go to jail.

Vancouver is a different planet from the rest of Canada..... believe me

Vancouver.

You probably don't see them in Ontario because people out their are a little more discreet about things like that.

Vancouver, everything is out in the open...  even the drug dealers selling coke and heroine do it openly.

The polar opposite of Toronto/Ontario..... drink a beer ok..... smoke pot and go to jail.

Why in the world would you leave the great T.O for Vancouver? There ain't no damn baseball in Vancouver...

EDIT: Unless you were in the Jane/Finch area. Then I understand.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Vancouver.

Toronto seems to be a lot different than the rest of Canada. It has the atmosphere that everyone hates you... or maybe I just have a lot of bad memories from Toronto.

Why in the world would you leave the great T.O for Vancouver? There ain't no damn baseball in Vancouver...

EDIT: Unless you were in the Jane/Finch area. Then I understand.

Vancouver the city sucks balls but I'll take a little rain and mild weather, mountains, ocean.... rain forests over Snow, Heat and "Aspiring rappers" in T.O anyday

Toronto seems to be a lot different than the rest of Canada. It has the atmosphere that everyone hates you... or maybe I just have a lot of bad memories from Toronto.

No bad memories, the attitude is just from so many people... Ontario is the highest density of people in Canada.

Jane and Finch types.... well ya, that goes without saying.... thank Trudeau for that.

Well we're not as nice as if you were in a small town like Nipissing, but what did you expect?

And for those of you non-Torontonians, Jane/Finch is essentially the middle of the biggest ghetto. Couple in Scarborough too, but nobody cares about those.

Probably shouldn't be here. Also I'm very anti-plant so yeah I don't like to hear about the possibility of this becoming legal. Isn't alcohol and cigarettes good enough for you people?

Lol there ya go fixed it for you.  Yes i am as well anti-drug also ;)

A good handful of states in the US have already made the possesion of marijuana a small fine now, just have to avoid the crap states that didnt.

as my friend says

legalize EVERYTHING

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

as my friend says

legalize EVERYTHING

Live in Vancouver near the DTES and then say that.

Junkies are a living hell to live around.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vancouver+dtes&oq=vancouver+dtes&gs_l=youtube.3..0.81.2497.0.2746.10.6.0.2.2.0.392.1419.0j4j0j2.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.VNeNFu6B7tM

I see this every single day.

These people will steal the shoes off a toddler for a fix

Yall do know about using vaporizers to inhale all the THC, and none of the toxins, right? Let people consume what they want, they'll find a way to get it anyways. As long as there are laws for underage people, then let adults be adults. The USA should be a country that is not governed by conservative social ideals, they do nothing but hold things back.

The Canadian jails could have A LOT less people in them for this extremely minor, and there isn't an argument supporting it's illegality.

The reason it was legal in the first place, was the "Reefer Madness" propaganda funded by textile companies to vilify the closest competitor to cotton: hemp.

So instead of making JUST hemp illegal, out of fear, they made the whole plant and it's close cousins illegal aswell.

On the other hand, I would like to see TOBACCO become illegal; not marijuana.

Here's a little tidbit about me: I had my foot crushed while working in construction, the bones were COMPLETELY shattered, and the recovery took years.

Now, the doctors were all too keen to prescribe me drugs like Oxycontin & Morphine for my horrible pain. And after trying these medications I could see how easy it is to become extremely dependent on them. I then stopped my usage of painkillers and explored other options, and one of the alternatives that I kept hearing about was Marijuana.

I received my medical marijuana card in British Colombia, and i began treatment for my pain. I chose THC(tetrahydracannibinols, the active ingredient of Marijuana) pills as I was never much of a smoker. I cannot even begin to describe how much happier I was ingesting and extract from a plant, rather than these synthetic opioids that were thrusted upon me.

TL;DR =  Marijuana > prescription painkillers

Live in Vancouver near the DTES and then say that.

Junkies are a living hell to live around.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vancouver+dtes&oq=vancouver+dtes&gs_l=youtube.3..0.81.2497.0.2746.10.6.0.2.2.0.392.1419.0j4j0j2.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.VNeNFu6B7tM

I see this every single day.

These people will steal the shoes off a toddler for a fix

Those types of people will exist regardless of the legality of the substance they're abusing.

Those types of people will exist regardless of the legality of the substance they're abusing.

I ,know that, but in Vancouver they coddle junkies.

They have more rights then regular people.

Vancouver is a druggie magnet because of it.

I live right next to it and have worked on and off in the DTES for 20 years.

I love SourceFed! Also, 'CANADA

Wish I could say the same for America. After reading ShiverMePenguins's post, it seems like the only part of it I like is where you're from. New York. (Not for it's 'ahem' friendliness :P, but because it's a much more sane place to be in. Also...cause NY = diversity, much like Toronto, cause f*ck non-diverse places.)

No bad memories, the attitude is just from so many people... Ontario is the highest density of people in Canada.

Jane and Finch types.... well ya, that goes without saying.... thank Trudeau for that.

:( It's probably bad memories. I'm from Toronto, and it goes without saying that Jane and Finch is a place no one should ever go. I live in the east side North York and it's much friendly here :)

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”