Canada legal Weed. What else do you need to know?

Missioncode

:( It's probably bad memories. I'm from Toronto, and it goes without saying that Jane and Finch is a place no one should ever go. I live in North York and it's so friendly here :)

Only thing is, I swear half the people around here are over the age of 80. Does explain the friendliness though

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Only thing is, I swear half the people around here are over the age of 80. Does explain the friendliness though

Haha, exactly. Like when I walk through Centerpoint Mall in the morning....Damn, it's like an old-folks home. I swear in the winter, they raise the heat so high just cause the number of elderly in the mall.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Haha, exactly. Like when I walk through Centerpoint Mall in the morning....Damn, it's like an old-folks home. I swear in the winter, they raise the heat so high just cause the number of elderly in the mall.

I don't even know why you would bother going to Centrepoint. There's literally nothing in there.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I remember when windows on buildings downtown anywhere didn't have cages over them.

The Canadian jails could have A LOT less people in them for this extremely minor, and there isn't an argument supporting it's illegality.

The reason it was legal in the first place, was the "Reefer Madness" propaganda funded by textile companies to vilify the closest competitor to cotton: hemp.

So instead of making JUST hemp illegal, out of fear, they made the whole plant and it's close cousins illegal aswell.

On the other hand, I would like to see TOBACCO become illegal; not marijuana.

Here's a little tidbit about me: I had my foot crushed while working in construction, the bones were COMPLETELY shattered, and the recovery took years.

Now, the doctors were all too keen to prescribe me drugs like Oxycontin & Morphine for my horrible pain. And after trying these medications I could see how easy it is to become extremely dependent on them. I then stopped my usage of painkillers and explored other options, and one of the alternatives that I kept hearing about was Marijuana.

I received my medical marijuana card in British Colombia, and i began treatment for my pain. I chose THC(tetrahydracannibinols, the active ingredient of Marijuana) pills as I was never much of a smoker. I cannot even begin to describe how much happier I was ingesting and extract from a plant, rather than these synthetic opioids that were thrusted upon me.

TL;DR =  Marijuana > prescription painkillers

I've been on prescription Vicodin when I got my wisdom teeth removed and I've smoked cannabis (for anxiety reasons, so not exactly a direct comparison). When I ran out of Vicodin I could definitely feel myself longing for it and the ibuprofen they gave me did not cut it. On the other hand after smoking weed I've never felt myself having that same craving for it the next day or after I'm done being high.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Wish I could say the same for America. After reading ShiverMePenguins's post, it seems like the only part of it I like is where you're from. New York. (Not for it's 'ahem' friendliness :P, but because it's a much more sane place to be in. Also...cause NY = diversity, much like Toronto, cause f*ck non-diverse places.)

:( It's probably bad memories. I'm from Toronto, and it goes without saying that Jane and Finch is a place no one should ever go. I live in the east side North York and it's much friendly here :)

I'll stick with BC for now.

Going back to Toronto every couple years and the first thing I smell is Lake Ontario.

you don't notice it until you've been away from it for a few years.

Ocean a block away,  Rain forests and mountains a short transit ride away.

I'll stick with BC for now.

Going back to Toronto every couple years and the first thing I smell is Lake Ontario.

you don't notice it until you've been away from it for a few years.

Ocean a block away,  Rain forests and mountains a short transit ride away.

Actually, once I graduate, I plan to move out to BC. I love BC more than ON especially for the scenery. Recommend where? I was thinking of Vancouver, since you know...Continuum and I like how it looks.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Actually, once I graduate, I plan to move out to BC. I love BC more than ON especially for the scenery. Recommend where? I was thinking of Vancouver, since you know...Continuum and I like how it looks.

B.C stands for Bring Cash.

Vancouver is a shit hole honestly, kinda like a turd floating in a beautiful toilet.

TV shows just make it look better then it is with shots carefully framed to avoid the crap.

If you want to live near the water (West end, Stanley park) it's gonna cost ya close to $2000 month rent.

and good luck finding something because the decent landlords don't advertise in the open

because of the massive...and I mean massive druggie population here they need to avoid ending up in their apartments.

Commercial Drive area is ok, Lefty, wannabe hippie type area.  East end awaaaaaaay from Hastings Street is ok.

Burnaby, kinda sorta like East york.....

Surrey = Avoid.....avoid....avoid...... Trailer trash, wigger central.... most of the rioters came from Surrey.

anything along the skytrain is cheaper, but it attracts the riff raff...

North Vancouver, right next to the mountains, clean, crime free pretty much... VERY hard to find an apartment.

forests and the mountains at your door pretty much.... close to the ocean and trails into the mountains.

West Vancouver, unless you're very well off, don't even think about it.

UBC area... semi-affordable, but the large influx of Asian students with rich parents overseas drives up the rent

because landlords basically rent to the highest bidder..... same with the West end.

Basically the junkie population makes finding decent places here very hard, nobody advertises.   Craigslist ads are pretty much all scams.

Renting a condo downtown will cost ya and don't be surprised if your neighbors are party animals or drug dealers.

The further away from Downtown and the Skytrain the better.

Me, I'm saving up for a liveaboard boat and then a cheap ass house up the coast.

I've had enough.

Linus doesn't live in Vancouver, he's likely in Maple ridge or somewhere like that based on his videos.

I think that the control of substances by the government in general is a bad thing, so yes I am pro marijuana legalisation. 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I think that the control of substances by the government in general is a bad thing, so yes I am pro marijuana legalisation. 

I don't see your reasons behind this statement. (substances is a vague word too)

The governments aren't controling enough e.g. animals shouldn't get antibiotics for no reason, toys shouldn't contailn toxics, ...

I'm not really against marijuana legalisation because it's less bad than all this new artificial drugs that aren't forbidden immediately.

I like it how it is here in Portugal. Having and using drugs is not a crime, but selling is. If you're caught with drugs they're just thrown in the trash but if it's a harder drug then the second time you're caught they'll force you to see a doctor to determine whether or not you're in control or if you need help. This way drug trade is still discouraged but even abusers are not viewed as criminals but as victims.

I like it how it is here in Portugal. Having and using drugs is not a crime, but selling is. If you're caught with drugs they're just thrown in the trash but if it's a harder drug then the second time you're caught they'll force you to see a doctor to determine whether or not you're in control or if you need help. This way drug trade is still discouraged but even abusers are not viewed as criminals but as victims.

Portugal is definitely a case of drug policy done right. It's not a criminal issue, it's a health issue.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

That's surprisingly smart. I don't know about the effectiveness of trying to force someone to stop being addicted to drugs, though.

Weed is legal where I live.

I occasionally see people in Seattle walking around with a joint, it's kinda funny.

As long as it's not smoked near me or they're trying to push me to smoke it.

I also don't think it should be legal.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Kind of flamboyant, but idk american makes me sick some times. I'll be moving out of here some time or another. maybe to Canada maybe some were else Im just triad.

My recommendation is that you go to Hong Kong, the Chinese are always on the look out for more Triads there.

Seriously though, for the "drugs" discussion.  Definition of drugs does not change, the interpretation of how a substance affects the body does though.  So until there is medical proof of the way a specific substance affects the mind and body, laws governing it wont change.  Personally I think that alcohol is more destructive than cannabis, but I'm not the interpreter of the law that matters.  As a Constitutional Libertarian, Christian, and former federal employee; I think that issues like this have no place in federal law.  It's a shame it's even brought up explicitly in regards to specific substances.  How it should work is that the FDA and the HHS issues recommended schedule definitions for states to enact as they see fit.  The moral issues regarding drug use should be tackled by private organizations such as churches or outreach programs.  The health concern should be dealt with by the health institutions rather than fat cat czars in Washington.  The empowerment of the states will help to regulate these things as the people see fit on a level closer to home.  This way people can move to the states that support what they wish to live their lives by.

I used this example in another thread, Heroin was originally and over the counter drug released by Bayer as a less addictive alternative to morphine.  When they gave it to people addicted to morphine they magically stopped craving morphine.  It wasn't until later that it was found that the human body actually metabolizes Heroin INTO morphine in order to use it for pain relief.  So as it turned out, all they did was create an even MORE addictive drug with even MORE side affects.  So any time someone talkings about the magical properties of cannabis, I can't help but think their comment is spawned from ignorance and a lack of education about what the body is doing with a substance in order to form a belief that will allow them to lay claim to "facts" that are not really there, if anything to simply fortify what they want to believe with the support of fabricated misunderstood "facts".  

Fact is that the properties in THC that help people such as cancer patients, extreme chronic pain, and various brain injuries; are helped by THC ONLY because there are things in their body that are not working correctly.  If your body is working correctly, then THC works differently in your body than it does if you are in the minority of those who are experiencing specific illnesses.  Don't be drawn in by the hype that it's this magical cure-all, because it isn't.

01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101000 01100101 01100001 01110010