Someone is hacking my wifi

tedjani

ok there is a guy that keeps hacking my wifi no matter what password i do is there a why that i can block him from his ip or computer name help me please

my settings are

WPA2-PSK

i don't know how is doing it i mean my passsword is really long :Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

HELP ME

Manners Maketh Man

block his mac id. or convert your network into whitelisted one so only allowed mac id's can join , thats what i do and i dont even have a password on the network

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Set your SSID to not broadcast, set a MAC address filter, change your default router gateway and default password and login credentials. It would be very difficult to sniff passwords from a router that doesn't even broadcast an SSID as long as you change it.  

Mac address is easy to spoof but he's going to seriously have to jump through some hoops to do all of that

Alternatively, you could let him and and set QoS to his IP to throttle the hell out of him

Error: 410

I don't think publicly announcing your wifi password helps much :D

Anyway there should be some sort of setting in your router that will require you to accept whoever wants to join your network, that way only devices that you authorize can connect. 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Also if you change the wifi password make sure to do if from a wired location its easy to sniff network traffic for passwords. 

Before you hide your SSID, change it. Or he can just search it and connect to the router anyways.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Set your SSID to not broadcast, set a MAC address filter, change your default router gateway and default password and login credentials. It would be very difficult to sniff passwords from a router that doesn't even broadcast an SSID. 

Mac address is easy to spoof but he's going to seriously have to jump through some hoops to do all of that

Alternatively, you could let him and and set QoS to his IP to throttle the hell out of him

how did he do it hacking my wifi password so fast is there a way to do that i thought it take you weeks to hack a wifi password like this

Manners Maketh Man

With WPA2-PSK, if your password is cracked once, it is easy to get the master key and hack it again in a few minutes if the password is changes. Not much you can do about this, a WPA2-PSK password can be cracked within 24 hours most of the time (if you don't have the master key already). Only way to block this is to use WPA2 Enterprise, but you would need an extra RADIUS server for this and this is pretty much overkill.

how did he do it hacking my wifi password so fast is there a way to do that i thought it take you weeks to hack a wifi password like this

I'm not really familiar, but I believe it works by network packet sniffing, not brute forcing which would indeed take bloody ages.

Basically it analyzes data to decrypt

Error: 410

The usual 3 tricks.

i). Turn the wireless AP off, connect via lan, and config a WPA2-PSK

ii). Turn off SSID broadcasting

iii). Setup MAC address filtering

Filter by MAC address so only your devices can connect.  He can spoof the MAC address but he wouldn't be able to connect even if he did unless one of the allowed addresses is disconnected from the network.  As long as your devices stay on the network you'd be fine.

If he knows what he's doing SSID broadcasting and MAC address filtering won't be a hard counter, since there are tools that can easily find any available wireless networks even if they aren't broadcasting, and MAC addresses can be found by listening in to the network traffic, and then spoofed from there.  But, MAC address filtering will only allow one device per MAC address.

Are you sure he is actually getting into your network? As far as I know, WPA2 is really really tough so the risk that he actually obtained the key and got into the network should be fairly small. My guess is that you got a keylogger on your computer or he is obtaining the password somehow (from social engineering).

If he is smart enough to get around WPA2 then MAC-filtering won't work, nor will hiding your SSID.

Filter by MAC address so only your devices can connect.  He can spoof the MAC address but he wouldn't be able to connect even if he did unless one of the allowed addresses is disconnected from the network.  As long as your devices stay on the network you'd be fine.

But, MAC address filtering will only allow one device per MAC address.

Are you sure? I haven't tried it but I don't see how something like that would be implemented in the router. I mean, as far as I know there is nothing hindering multiple devices on the same wireless network to have the same MAC address. Hell, you can even connect several devices with the same MAC address on a switch (and only the one that connected last would work properly).

Hard reset your router, so it is essentially brand new out of the box, log into the router via wired connection, and set it up, check it is on the latest firmware, change your admin password, and change your LAN IP address from the default (ie instead of 192.168.1.1, change it to 192.168.44.1), set the WiFi up as WPA2 AES use a random SSID and for the PSK use a very long random character string (you could use something like Keepass to generate a good passwords and an SSID and remember it so you don't have to type it out), turn off any WPS feature (called different things on different routers, which can be hacked) and turn of UPnP.

You do not need to hide SSID or set up MAC filtering they will do nothing for network security, just make sure you use

• a unique SSID
  • an extremely good random PSK
  • a very good random admin password
  • turn off WPS and UPnP

After that virus scan your computer(s) to be sure he didn't hack them.

What is the exact router you are using? some even if you disable WPS it is still on which still means it is vulnerable, but assuming yours isn't one then there should be no way he can hack that.

ok there is a guy that keeps hacking my wifi no matter what password i do is there a why that i can block him from his ip or computer name help me please

my settings are

WPA2-PSK

i don't know how is doing it i mean my passsword is really long :Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

HELP ME

What makes you think somebody's hacking your router?

go-kill-them.gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

What you could do is get a new router and hide it's SSID, then just disconnect the old one from the network but leave it on, so he just won't have a connection to the internet.

Hard reset your router, so it is essentially brand new out of the box, log into the router via wired connection, and set it up, check it is on the latest firmware, change your admin password, and change your LAN IP address from the default (ie instead of 192.168.1.1, change it to 192.168.44.1), set the WiFi up as WPA2 AES use a random SSID and for the PSK use a very long random character string (you could use something like Keepass to generate a good passwords and an SSID and remember it so you don't have to type it out), turn off any WPS feature (called different things on different routers, which can be hacked) and turn of UPnP.

You do not need to hide SSID or set up MAC filtering they will do nothing for network security, just make sure you use

• a unique SSID
  • an extremely good random PSK
  • a very good random admin password
  • turn off WPS and UPnP

After that virus scan your computer(s) to be sure he didn't hack them.

What is the exact router you are using? some even if you disable WPS it is still on which still means it is vulnerable, but assuming yours isn't one then there should be no way he can hack that.

You don't even need a unique SSID, just change to something other than default (and even something like adding a 1 would be enough). Anything more won't increase security at all. The reason is because the master key uses the SSID as kind of a salt, so some ranbow tables takes that into consideration. Just change your SSID to whatever and it will break all those rainbow tables.

What you could do is get a new router and hide it's SSID, then just disconnect the old one from the network but leave it on, so he just won't have a connection to the internet.

There is no point in hiding the SSID.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/28653/debunking-myths-is-hiding-your-wireless-ssid-really-more-secure/

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Set your SSID to not broadcast, set a MAC address filter, change your default router gateway and default password and login credentials. It would be very difficult to sniff passwords from a router that doesn't even broadcast an SSID as long as you change it.  

To note your first sentence. it is not hard to get into a router that is not broadcasting an ssid, it doesn't matter whether it is or not. the best way would be to ether block his mac id or like others have said to white-list your mac id's.

Main rig: i7 4790k, Cooler H55, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Obsidian 250D, ASRock H97M-ITX/ac, G.Skill 8GB, 500GB 840 EVO, 1TB WD Black

Server:  HP DL380 G5 8x 300GB 10k Sata drives, 2x e5460 32GB Ram

NAS: Synology DS213 with 2 2TB WD Red Drives

To note your first sentence. it is not hard to get into a router that is not broadcasting an ssid, it doesn't matter whether it is or not. the best way would be to ether block his mac id or like others have said to white-list your mac id's.

But that too can easily bypassed.

http://www.securitytube.net/video/7642

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

But that too can easily bypassed.

http://www.securitytube.net/video/7642

Oh yea, I totally forgot about that,

Main rig: i7 4790k, Cooler H55, EVGA GTX 980, Corsair Obsidian 250D, ASRock H97M-ITX/ac, G.Skill 8GB, 500GB 840 EVO, 1TB WD Black

Server:  HP DL380 G5 8x 300GB 10k Sata drives, 2x e5460 32GB Ram

NAS: Synology DS213 with 2 2TB WD Red Drives