Help with some measurements

XyzWoot

Hi guys! I was deciding on getting the cryorig r1 ultimate for my cpu cooler and i wanted to know if it would fit inside my case :D Currently i have High heatsink rams so i am sure the fan would hit it so i was planning on putting the other fan of the cpu cooler at the back but i wonder if maybe it would hit the exhaust fan. Currently my case is an enermax ostrog http://www.enermax.co.uk/ostrog/ and my motherboard is an Intel DH55TC http://motherboards-reviews.com/Intel/socket_1156/DH55TC/Intel_DH55TC_top.jpg

Gonna repost it here since no one is really replying in the air cooler section ._. xD I was deciding on getting the cryorig r1 ultimate for my cpu cooler and i wanted to know if it would fit inside my case :D Currently i have High heatsink rams so i am sure the fan would hit it so i was planning on putting the other fan of the cpu cooler at the back but i wonder if maybe it would hit the exhaust fan. Currently my case is an enermax ostrog http://www.enermax.co.uk/ostrog/ and my motherboard is an Intel DH55TC http://motherboards-reviews.com/Intel/socket_1156/DH55TC/Intel_DH55TC_top.jpg

If you're concerned, get the R1 Universal instead. It's set back from the DIMMs so as to avoid any interference.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

If you're concerned, get the R1 Universal instead. It's set back from the DIMMs so as to avoid any interference.

yeah i really wanted that but sadly here it is rare to find that haha xD that is the only thing that i have seen and even noctua here is rare T_T

8 minutes ago, XyzWoot said:

Gonna repost it here since no one is really replying in the air cooler section ._. xD I was deciding on getting the cryorig r1 ultimate for my cpu cooler and i wanted to know if it would fit inside my case :D Currently i have High heatsink rams so i am sure the fan would hit it so i was planning on putting the other fan of the cpu cooler at the back but i wonder if maybe it would hit the exhaust fan. Currently my case is an enermax ostrog http://www.enermax.co.uk/ostrog/ and my motherboard is an Intel DH55TC http://motherboards-reviews.com/Intel/socket_1156/DH55TC/Intel_DH55TC_top.jpg

It might fit, MIGHT, you might want to go with something a little "less".

I feel you,(with the no reply thing) I posted a build plan some hours ago, usually people jump on it but no one did, lol.

1 minute ago, g12601 said:

It might fit, MIGHT, you might want to go with something a little "less".

I feel you,(with the no reply thing) I posted a build plan some hours ago, usually people jump on it but no one did, lol.

yeaah T_T welp atleast got some replies here haha anyway i was also wondering if it might hit my fans above ._.

25453_cryorig%20r1%20ultimate%20review%2

Not perfectly clear in this picture, but others make it apparent that the fan (not the heatsink) overhangs the first two DIMMs. Low profile RAM shouldn't be an issue, but high profile heatsinks might be too tall even with the fan moved up. You will lose your rear fan port, and it might make using your one and only PCIe x16 slot a challenge. You also lose the ability to add side fans. IMO, the R1 Ultimate is not suitable for your case or build.

That said, I mean, what kind of components are you putting on there? After doing a bit of reading, the DH55TC isn't a spectacular choice for overclocking. It's not designed to be used for it, and there are plenty of stories on the interwebz about overheating and damage to the CPU and RAM. Honestly, I'd just stick with stock speeds rather than trying to push an overclock out of a board actively designed to prevent it (no voltage control) and choose your cooler accordingly. You've got 150mm before you run into your side fans. A Cryorig H7 would fit perfectly if you're going to attempt a mild overclock, and a stock cooler should cover you if you go stock.

Big heatsinks like that might interfere with your GPU slot since your mobo layout is MATX. That behemoth extends a lil bit beyond the ram slots if you'd notice .  

http://p.twpl.jp/show/large/3OCB2

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

6 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

25453_cryorig%20r1%20ultimate%20review%2

Not perfectly clear in this picture, but others make it apparent that the fan (not the heatsink) overhangs the first two DIMMs. Low profile RAM shouldn't be an issue, but high profile heatsinks might be too tall even with the fan moved up. You will lose your rear fan port, and it might make using your one and only PCIe x16 slot a challenge. You also lose the ability to add side fans. IMO, the R1 Ultimate is not suitable for your case or build.

That said, I mean, what kind of components are you putting on there? After doing a bit of reading, the DH55TC isn't a spectacular choice for overclocking. It's not designed to be used for it, and there are plenty of stories on the interwebz about overheating and damage to the CPU and RAM. Honestly, I'd just stick with stock speeds rather than trying to push an overclock out of a board actively designed to prevent it (no voltage control) and choose your cooler accordingly. You've got 150mm before you run into your side fans. A Cryorig H7 would fit perfectly if you're going to attempt a mild overclock, and a stock cooler should cover you if you go stock.

Yup as i have stated i have a high profile RAM so if i would put the fan at the read (going to exhaust) it would hit my exhaust fan? also it would hit my gpu? sorry for too many questions haha quite new in measurements on a case ._. also i was not planning on putting any more fans at the sides. Oh i'm not planning on overclocking or anything it's just for aesthetic reasons plus it's kinda hot here and wanted to cool it a bit haha my motherboard ang processor is currently 6 years now lol hahah

3 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Big heatsinks like that might interfere with your GPU slot since your mobo layout is MATX. That behemoth extends a lil bit beyond the ram slots if you'd notice .  

http://p.twpl.jp/show/large/3OCB2

d*mn currently my gpu now is the Asus Turbo GTX 960 so is it possible it would hit?

1 minute ago, XyzWoot said:

Yup as i have stated i have a high profile RAM so if i would put the fan at the read (going to exhaust) it would hit my exhaust fan? also it would hit my gpu? sorry for too many questions haha quite new in measurements on a case ._. also i was not planning on putting any more fans at the sides. Oh i'm not planning on overclocking or anything it's just for aesthetic reasons plus it's kinda hot here and wanted to cool it a bit haha my motherboard ang processor is currently 6 years now lol hahah

...you do not need an R1 Ultimate on a CPU clocked at stock lol. If you're going for looks, get an H7 or a Deepcool Gammaxx 400. The H7 looks slick, and the Gammaxx 400 has a blue LED fan. Both cost $30-35 US.

Your GPU would probably fit just barely, but removing it would be incredibly difficult as you wouldn't be able to reach the tab to release the card without pushing a small object down between the heatsink and GPU...potentially punching a hole right through your motherboard if you slip.

You would lose the fan header for your exhaust fan, so that would kind of be a moot point.There's no other header available to replace it, meaning you'd have no exhaust on your case.

In short, the R1 Ultimate (even the Universal) is an all-around terrible option for your motherboard. If you're running stock, you're probably fine with the stock cooler. If you're going for looks and want to shave your temps down, an H7, Gammaxx 400, even a 212 EVO with a replacement LED fan would do you just fine and not cause all kinds of other problems for you. 

12 minutes ago, XyzWoot said:

d*mn currently my gpu now is the Asus Turbo GTX 960 so is it possible it would hit?

IMG_0221.jpg

It might, the R1 is about as big as that. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

10 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

...you do not need an R1 Ultimate on a CPU clocked at stock lol. If you're going for looks, get an H7 or a Deepcool Gammaxx 400. The H7 looks slick, and the Gammaxx 400 has a blue LED fan. Both cost $30-35 US.

Your GPU would probably fit just barely, but removing it would be incredibly difficult as you wouldn't be able to reach the tab to release the card without pushing a small object down between the heatsink and GPU...potentially punching a hole right through your motherboard if you slip.

You would lose the fan header for your exhaust fan, so that would kind of be a moot point.There's no other header available to replace it, meaning you'd have no exhaust on your case.

In short, the R1 Ultimate (even the Universal) is an all-around terrible option for your motherboard. If you're running stock, you're probably fine with the stock cooler. If you're going for looks and want to shave your temps down, an H7, Gammaxx 400, even a 212 EVO with a replacement LED fan would do you just fine and not cause all kinds of other problems for you. 

3 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

IMG_0221.jpg

It might, the R1 is about as big as that. 

Got it guys! thanks! i think i would not be getting that ._. hahaha

Just get an AIO if you want the same performance.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

46 minutes ago, XyzWoot said:

Got it guys! thanks! i think i would not be getting that ._. hahaha

What deepcool coolers are available for you? 

1 hour ago, XyzWoot said:

Gonna repost it here since no one is really replying in the air cooler section ._.

1 hour ago, g12601 said:

feel you,(with the no reply thing) I posted a build plan some hours ago, usually people jump on it but no one did, lol.

Be a little more patient. This is a forum and not a group chat--a few hours isn't long.

Merged threads.

1 hour ago, XyzWoot said:

Oh i'm not planning on overclocking or anything it's just for aesthetic reasons plus it's kinda hot here and wanted to cool it a bit haha my motherboard ang processor is currently 6 years now lol hahah

If you're just going for aesthetics, there are probably cheaper options available that also aren't huge. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

12 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

What deepcool coolers are available for you? 

i haven't check yet but what deepcool coolers are great? in case if i see one

6 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Be a little more patient. This is a forum and not a group chat--a few hours isn't long.

Merged threads.

If you're just going for aesthetics, there are probably cheaper options available that also aren't huge. 

oh sorry :( anyway it's not just aesthetics but also a bit of performance. i am actually wanting to try air cooling and i forgot mentioning right now i have an antec kuhler 620 currently attached

oh sorry :( anyway it's not just aesthetics but also a bit of performance. i am actually wanting to try air cooling and i forgot mentioning right now i have an antec kuhler 620 currently attached

What's wrong with your current cooler?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

What's wrong with your current cooler?

there is no problem, just wanted to try air cooling then i would kinda sell my old cooler to benefit from it/ it's currently around 4 years now this cooler haha

i haven't check yet but what deepcool coolers are great? in case if i see one

Gammax 400(Like hyper 212), Neptwin, Assassin just to name a few.  But they have more than just those. 

Neptwin and Assasin might be a tighter fit.