What type of key switches do you have?

Matias_Chambers

Post what type of key switches (doesn't have to be mechanical) you have and the pros and cons of your keyboard. I am just curios to see what key switches people have :)

3 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Post what type of key switches (doesn't have to be mechanical) you have and the pros and cons of your keyboard. I am just curios to see what key switches people have :)

I Have Cherry MX Black switches on my CMstorm trigger Keyboard and I like them, the only thing that It lacks is an activation click since it's a linear feedback, my personnal favorite would be the brown ones 

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

Asus KB73211

$_1.JPG

Pros:

-It's a keyboard

-It functions

-Low profile keys

-Smooth keystroke pressure and rebound

-I got it for free

-Easy to clean

-Logical key layout

Cons:

-Lacks media buttons

-Very basic key precessions 

-It doesn't come with 7 million different backlight colors that you can control by syncing it to your phone so you can change the colors while you're not at home

So far, so good. It literally only takes like 3 seconds to clean. It's amazing.

kailh blue switches with a thermaltake poseidon zx. nice budget mechanical keyboard and i love the clicky switches, but can't go to my mobo's bios menu with this keyboard and MY WARRANTY GOT GIMPED!!!(5 years to 1 year)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

My first mech was the Tesoro Excalibur Spectrum which had Kailh Blues, which after about a year or so I switched them out for 35g Gateron Clears, as I was tired of having something so inconsistent. Then about 3 weeks ago, I went on Taobao and got a E-Element Z77 TKL with Outemu Black switches, I got this one because I was curious to see how good can a cheap S$35 Chinese keyboard get, and I would say it ain't that bad, the stiffer black switches are kinda enjoyable to type on. Then yesterday my long awaited Varmilo VA87MR equipped with Gateron Browns arrived, and all I have to say is that this is my new favourite keyboard and I'm bringing this one around with me everywhere I go.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

35 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Cherry Reds :D

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

the rubberdomes in my G110 do just fine. and it'll most likely be a little while longer until i swap out keyboards.

Strafe RGB with MX Reds. Wanted MX Blues, but still have a great gaming and typing experience.

Main Rig: CPU: A10-7850K(+stock cooler) / MB: some random FM2+ OEM / GPU: GTX 660 / RAM: 16 GB-1600 mhz / PSU: CORSAIR VS650 / HDD: 1 TB WD Blue (games) + 1 TB SEAGATE (series/other) / SSD: KINGSTONE V300 128GB (OS) / OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits / CASE: Corsair 200R

Secondary Rig: CPU: A8-6800k (+stock cooler) / MB: MSI A78M-E45 / GPU: Using integrated from the APU / RAM: 4 GB 1600mhz / PSU: 500W (Came with the case) / HDD: 2 TB WD Blue (Movies) + External 4 TB CASE: B-Move Thyra

Peripherals: Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB / Mouse: Mars MM2 / Mousepad: Extended Tecknet (90x45x.3cm) Monitors: Asus VX248-HW (23") + Dell s2208wb (22") / Speakers: Logitech Z213

Extras: Phone: OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black /CM13 Nightlies

Apple Adjustable Keyboard with Alps SKFS

Pros:

Keyboard is split and ajustable with ample wrist wrests

Switches feel nice

Cons:

Switches fail a lot

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

MX Blues. Razer got me hooked back with their original Blackwidow, and a brown or green just can't fill that hole.

Specifically, I have a Das Keyboard 4 Pro.

Pros:
Choice between Blues and Browns.
Really nice build quality with an aluminium top-plate.
Rather than fold-able feet, it has a big, magnetic plastic bar that also serves as a ruler.
Mediakeys, a nice volume wheel, plus a "sleep" button.

USB hub with 2 inputs. A bit slow for external HDDs, but incredibly practical for wireless recievers (like the one I have for my Intous Pro)

Windows logo on the Windows key is replaced by a Das logo.
It uses Cherry stabilizers rather than Costar.

Cons:

No backlighting. Not something I really value too much, since I don't like my desk looking like a nightclub., but sometimes a dim RGB backlight would be nice.
Red stripe on volume wheel (and a red Das logo on top). Nitpicky and fixable, but still.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

MX Blues on my CM Storm Quickfire Rapid

IMG_20160519_153757266.jpg

PROS:

-Compact size. I have a very cramped desk, so a fullsize KB would overlap onto my mousepad (also not willing to move down to 60%)

-exact width of my laptop. If I want to use my mech with my laptop, I just disable the internal KB and place the QFR on top

-MX blues are extremely satisfying for typing

-Sturdy design. Heavy enough that it stays in place, feels very solid

-Removable Mini-USB cable. Makes a world of difference. I currently have a retractable cable attached to make it easier to move around

CONS:

-Default keycaps are pretty trash... WASD keys are starting to fade, as well as a couple other keys (they will be replaced very soon)

-MX Blues admittedly aren't the best switch for gaming. I occasionally switch to a (high quality) rubberdome board for certain games

-MX Blues are loud and piss off my family when I game/type for an extended period of time

-Costar stabs... super rattly

-cable routing channels on the bottom of the board don't hold the cable very firmly if you have the feet up

Overall, I really love this board, the cons I pointed out are really nitpicks that don't bother me too much

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

I have two TKL keyboards at the moment, a CM Masterkeys Pro S with Cherry MX Browns and a Turtle Beach Impact 500 with Cherry MX Blues.

I'm a fan of Cherry MX switches, in particular the Browns, the Blues and the Clears. Not a fan of Reds.

Cherry MX Red, I miss that loud clicky sound from Razer Switch from my old BlackWidow

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

Cherry MX Brown, on places that need to be a bit quiet, such as bedroom.

Cherry MX Blue on my workplace, I don't care about my coworker at all, also theirs are so much louder (those fake Cherry Blue switches).

Edited by dlink377
mistake on blue and brown

Cherry MX Brown on Corsair K70. Interested in Cherry MX speed switches.

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud

40 minutes ago, dlink377 said:

Cherry MX Blue, on places that need to be a bit quiet, such as bedroom.

Cherry MX Brown on my workplace, I don't care about my coworker at all, also theirs are so much louder (those fake Cherry Blue switches).

Brown switches are more quite than blue switches. 

Edited by Matias_Chambers

2 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Brown switches are more quite than blue switches. 

Ah, thank you for noticing the mistake.

Edited the post.