RAM

So I’m  wondering if you would be better to get two sticks of 4gb RAM or one stick of 8gb RAM. most games don't require 16gb of RAM and if they do can be played with 8gb without that big of a problem. And I will consider upgrading to 16 gigs if it becomes more needed

2 minutes ago, Oswyn said:

So I’m  wondering if you would be better to get two sticks of 4gb RAM or one stick of 8gb RAM. most games don't require 16gb of RAM and if they do can be played with 8gb without that big of a problem. And I will consider upgrading to 16 gigs if it becomes more needed

Depends on your overall setup. But if you do intend on getting 16 later, then you'll most likely want to go for a single 8gb stick now.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

get one 8 if you will upgrade to 16 soon,

otherwise if you're going to stay 8gb for a while just get two 4gb sticks 

Technically 2x4GB, because theoretical twice the speed, but in reality the difference is barely noticeable if at all.

Might as well go for 1 8GB. Or 2x4GB if it's cheaper (which usually it's not) or if you have 4 slots (because even at that point you could still go for 16GB or even 24GB)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

Depends on your overall setup. But if you do intend on getting 16 later, then go for a single 8gb stick now.

This is me overall setup

CPU:

I5-6500 $194.99

Motherboard:

Asus ATX DDR4 Motherboards H170-PRO/CSM $110.00

Memory / RAM:

HyperX Fury 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2133 $65.99

Storage:

Samsung 850 EVO-Soeries 120gb 2.5 “ 250 or 120?? $64.99

Seagate Barracude 2TB 3.5 $63.22

Video Card:

RX 480 $199.99

Case:

Corsair 200R ATX $44.99

Power Supply:

EVGA SuperNOVA 750W B1 80+ BRONZE $74.99

Wireless Network Adapter:

Rosewill 802.11N $30.99

Get a single 8gb stick and keep the other slots available for future upgrades

Nothing.

Okay so it seems like you guys think that would be to go with 8gb of ram But what is a good 8gb option?

1 minute ago, Oswyn said:

Okay so it seems like you guys think that would be to go with 8gb of ram But what is a good 8gb option?

You can literally pick the cheapest stick you can find. It won't make a difference in your case

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!