GTX 1080M Specs revealed! What a shame.....

AlTech
46 minutes ago, don_svetlio said:

1 - There were countless articles as to how we would get a highly binned full 1080 in laptops
2 - the increased TDP and transistor density for a laptop means more heat and thus more noise. What this release will bring is larger and bulkier notebooks - a regress.
3 - the actual core count is the same as a 980M/980 making the cut-down even more odd.
4 - 1070 runs at MUCH higher clockspeeds and would thus be faster
5 - Pascal scales poorly with clockspeed and as a result it NEEDS more than 1500MHz to beat a 980 in a laptop
6 - Prices will be jacked up due to the low yields.

1. Rumors.

2. The desktop 980 Notebook averages 165w TDP. This is 150. It using more power is contextual at best. Comparing it to the current high end notebook GPU, its lower.

3. As i stated before, comparing core counts across generations is pointless. The 980 had less cores than the 780 Ti. The 1080 has less than the 980 Ti. 

4. I wouldn't consider 40mhz difference in stock boosts as "MUCH higher". 

5. Source on this? Stock clocks vs stock clocks, a 1070 is only 10% behind a 980 Ti on average. The difference in launch prices however, are nearly $300.

6. Again, this is speculative at best. 

Let's wait for the official releases before speaking in absolutes. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

That's amazing performance

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."