which console for 2017

keenborder
6 minutes ago, Energycore said:

You said it boss!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($66.18 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A78M PRO3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($51.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($119.70 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $389.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-20 17:26 EDT-0400

Thanks.

Quoted for visibility. 

5 minutes ago, maremp said:

Maybe because uncharted 4. 

if he wants one for exclusives then buy the one with the exclusives he wants

10 minutes ago, Energycore said:

You said it boss!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($66.18 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A78M PRO3+ Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($51.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($119.70 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($43.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $389.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-20 17:26 EDT-0400

dont get the 950 get the rx 460 

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

dont get the 950 get the rx 460 

No you're right but we don't have a date on the 470 / 460 yet.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

@keenborder Still haven't answered my question lol.

Why do you need a new Console? Why not a PC?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

After watching e3 , I think I might go with the ps4.SOny is having better exclusives.what do u guys think.

20 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

if he wants one for exclusives then buy the one with the exclusives he wants

I am a geeeeeeek

I think you should just get a PC. Steam has more games than all the consoles combined. Sure, some of them aren't very good games, but not all console games are great either. I find it ironic that you have a Steam profile picture :P

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

It's hilarious to me that some idiots don't seem to understand the vocabulary they're using.  "Just get a PC."  The OP *has* a PC.  A "PC" is a personal computer, and he already stated he has a laptop. 

If you people that don't know your computer terminology really mean a DESKTOP, then you should say so.  

But even still... he doesn't want another computer.  He wants a console and that's why he came to the console sub-forum.  All you idiots saying he should GET A PC should bugger off.  Scamper back to your "PC Gaming" sub-forum if you can't give any REAL advise and want to be a fanboy instead. 

Grow up.  Stop being idiots and help the OP make a decision.  

OP, have you looked at any lists of exclusive games for each of the three systems?  They're all compelling.  I might suggest taking a look at what Nintendo has to offer.  

4 hours ago, keenborder said:

After watching e3 , I think I might go with the ps4.SOny is having better exclusives.what do u guys think.

Nothing Sony showed this year impressed me too much.  Their cool stuff appears a few years out right now, and Microsoft is too busying providing us with the best looking pixels ever.  Personally my eyes are set on the Nintendo NX.  Apparently new Zelda blew some pants off, and major devs/publishers are showing interest in it. 

Otherwise, as others have said.  Go for the console with exclusives that interest you the most.  Only mistake is to ignore your own interests.  

10 hours ago, Monte_Carlo said:

Nothing Sony showed this year impressed me too much.  Their cool stuff appears a few years out right now, and Microsoft is too busying providing us with the best looking pixels ever.  Personally my eyes are set on the Nintendo NX.  Apparently new Zelda blew some pants off, and major devs/publishers are showing interest in it. 

Otherwise, as others have said.  Go for the console with exclusives that interest you the most.  Only mistake is to ignore your own interests.  

Finally I have decided to check the exclusives from all the three companies and the company with best exclusives(which meets my interests) would be chosen for my next gen console.

I am a geeeeeeek

11 hours ago, TheBestUserName said:

It's hilarious to me that some idiots don't seem to understand the vocabulary they're using.  "Just get a PC."  The OP *has* a PC.  A "PC" is a personal computer, and he already stated he has a laptop. 

If you people that don't know your computer terminology really mean a DESKTOP, then you should say so.  

But even still... he doesn't want another computer.  He wants a console and that's why he came to the console sub-forum.  All you idiots saying he should GET A PC should bugger off.  Scamper back to your "PC Gaming" sub-forum if you can't give any REAL advise and want to be a fanboy instead. 

Grow up.  Stop being idiots and help the OP make a decision.  

OP, have you looked at any lists of exclusive games for each of the three systems?  They're all compelling.  I might suggest taking a look at what Nintendo has to offer.  

finally.

I am a geeeeeeek

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to only purchase or upgrade consoles because of exclusives, the Zelda's and the Last of Us's of this world mean i will never be a 100% PC gamer :) 

On 21/06/2016 at 5:05 AM, keenborder said:

Should I buy a ps4 or xbox one or xbox one S in 2017. I am on a budget so scorpio is not in my list.

For a start can I say that the people posting parts lists are being dicks. Clearly that's not what you asked and you said it yourself you have a "gaming laptop". So I'm going to assume that you're happy with that and just want a gaming box that's a bit more TV friendly. Mostly for the exclusives and just the general convenience. Which is fair enough. So I'll lay the options out here for you:

XBOne S:

Advantages: Cross-buy and Cross-play with PC

Disadvantages: Not as many exclusives as the alternatives

Project Scorpio:

Advantages: Higher performance + everything the XBOne does

Disadvantages: Cost, extra power is useless if you don't have a 4K set, VR Support

PS4 Original:

Advantages: Plenty of exclusive content, VR support

Disadvantages: No 4K support at all, not even for media streaming

PS4 Neo:

Advantages: Same as PS4 but with better VR and 4K media support

Disadvantages: Rumoured specs are nowhere near the Scorpio

Wii U:

Advantages: Lots of exclusive content including Zelda, cheap, off-TV play

Disadvantages: No third party support, Low specs, no media playback and is being phased out

Nintendo NX:

We know Zelda is coming to it and we know it'll be more capable than the Wii U. But that's about all we know.

Steam Link (or any small machine that can run Steam):
Advantages: Very cheap, gives you access to all your PC games

Disadvantages: Is limited by your network setup and how good your PC is

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

On 6/22/2016 at 5:12 AM, keenborder said:

Finally I have decided to check the exclusives from all the three companies and the company with best exclusives(which meets my interests) would be chosen for my next gen console.

This is the best approach. Pick whichever platform focuses on your areas of interest and has the games you will most enjoy. For example, I bought the Xbox One simply b/c I love to play Halo.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Why don't you come back in 2017 and ask. Right now this is flame bait and a waste of time.

On 6/20/2016 at 5:09 PM, keenborder said:

why not xbox one

Better to just bring up the real reason why no one suggested the xbox one. There are no exclusives, thus you might as well get pc and upgrade it as you wish.

If you liked any of the exclusives on ps4, then that is another option. Getting an xbone just don't seem as sensible after all things are considered. As for power, both microsoft and sony are creating 4k ready versions, so that is also a moot point. When you add that into the equations, you are still only paying more money for a shinier xbox with games that can all be played on pc.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

On 20/06/2016 at 4:25 PM, Energycore said:

Why are people not mentioning the Nintendo NX?

-Nintendo hardware hasn't been relevant for several generations, 

-The Nx Is an unknown value, it might still be some handheld hybrid at this point

-we don't know if Nintendo will leave it out to dry for the first two years like Wii u

There are more than enough reasons for me to be weary of the next Nintendo

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

6 hours ago, Sharkyx1 said:

-Nintendo hardware hasn't been relevant for several generations, 

-The Nx Is an unknown value, it might still be some handheld hybrid at this point

-we don't know if Nintendo will leave it out to dry for the first two years like Wii u

There are more than enough reasons for me to be weary of the next Nintendo

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't serious in any of my posts here :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR