Airflow & intake/exhaust fan sugggestions for music production

pranavakazack

Case placement :

The rear end of my case is at the front which is placed in the corner of a room.

I've 1 exhaust fan at the rear top end of my case(or the side facing me) & 1 intake fan on the front bottom end of the case(the side facing away from me).

So basically its a neutralized system.

I find that i've very less dust trapped inside, which is interesting,because my intake side is almost blocked by the wall so it kinda leans towards -ve pressure.

My exhaust fan is making weird noises during startup which fades away after restarting the pc for a couple of times, should I lubricate the bearings or just replace the fan ? 

Suggestions :

I am about to upgrade,should i build a positely or negatively pressured system? More intakes or more exhaust ?I need silent fans.

Also my PSU (placed at the bottom) has its intake fan facing downwards,so i guess it totally is unaffected by my case airflow, should i invert it ?

I have a 4 year old low budget GPU which I am going to replace with a GTX 1070, should I invert my PSU so that it intakes air exhausted by the GPU fans or would the warm air passing through the PSU be less beneficial ?

I have installation brackets for the side panel of case, can I use it at my advantage ?

Specs : http://in.pcpartpicker.com/user/pranavakazack/saved/74PG3C

Case Type : Mid Tower 

Case GPU Clearance : 310mm

Case CPU Heatsink Clearance : 170mm

Front Closed.jpg

Front Open.jpg

Front Panel Back.jpg

Placement.jpg

Rear.jpg

Side Close Up.jpg

Side Open.jpg

Side Panel.jpg

Edited by pranavakazack

buy a bequiet silent wings fan for a replacement

very quiet, great quality

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

List your specs.

Which components are too loud to you?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

List your specs.

Which components are too loud to you?

Only the exhaust fan, nothing else.

2 minutes ago, pranavakazack said:

Only the exhaust fan, nothing else.

If you have the lubricant to try to fix the fan, go ahead and do that. If not, you might as well get a new fan.

If so, it would help to list your specs and budget.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

If you have the lubricant to try to fix the fan, go ahead and do that. If not, you might as well get a new fan.

If so, it would help to list your specs and budget.

Updated :D,the case i've got is not listed anywhere, the company's name is Circle. its got 1 exhaust & 1 intake fan.

2 minutes ago, pranavakazack said:

Updated :D,the case i've got is not listed anywhere, the company's name is Circle. its got 1 exhaust & 1 intake fan.

What size is the exhaust fan? Can you post a photo?

51 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

What size is the exhaust fan? Can you post a photo?

Updated...

7 minutes ago, pranavakazack said:

Updated...

It looks like a 120mm. What's your budget and where are you shopping?

Unite States ,i am only looking for case fans 40-50$. Also does the side panel look like a fan bracket for a bigger size say 230mm ? or is it just a design ? If it is a bracket and if it suits the air flow i might consider buying one.

4 minutes ago, pranavakazack said:

Unite States ,i am only looking for case fans 40-50$. Also does the side panel look like a fan bracket for a bigger size say 230mm ? or is it just a design ? If it is a bracket and if it suits the air flow i might consider buying one.

Are there other components that are too loud or are your temps too high?

19 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Are there other components that are too loud or are your temps too high?

Nope, what i figured was that many i7 4790 CPU users said its the problem with the stock cooler, my avg temps when i load up a heavy music project is around 54 degree celcius.But when it gets like a bit more that heavy, the temperatures exponentially start increasing to 70-80 degrees. I will be using high computing powers while rendering when I routinely start doing computer graphics in the near future.Not the whole render but temporary ones when i work on the application.So I wanted to future proof it.

10 minutes ago, pranavakazack said:

Nope, what i figured was that many i7 4790 CPU users said its the problem with the stock cooler, my avg temps when i load up a heavy music project is around 54 degree celcius.But when it gets like a bit more that heavy, the temperatures exponentially start increasing to 70-80 degrees. I will be using high computing powers while rendering when I routinely start doing computer graphics in the near future.Not the whole render but temporary ones when i work on the application.So I wanted to future proof it.

It seems like replacing the rear fan for a quieter one is the only thing you'd have to do. http://pcpartpicker.com/product/bKFPxr/noctua-case-fan-nfs12bredux1200pwm