How much should i sell this for?

I bought two working e7 2890v2 processors  a few months ago on ebay.    They work, but the lga 2011-1 motherboards are just too expensive (not lga 2011 !).

They are ES models, each with 15 cores and running at 2.8ghz with 37.5mb of l3 cache.  

Im a bit short on cash right now,  so i plan on selling them.  How much would they be worth? 

Pic of one of them : IMG_20160617_192639682.jpg

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Wait, you bought 2 $1000 CPUs and don't have money for a motherboard? ? ?

1 minute ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

something doesnt add up

2 minutes ago, roughavoc said:

I bought them for 150 each on a misspelled auction. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, RNGesusHatesMe said:

which country u in what currency need to know this to help ya :)

I live in france,  so that would be euros. 

2 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

What a deal, err good luck selling them anyway, I can't even find a motherboard for it on eBay.

1 minute ago, roughavoc said:

What a deal, err good luck selling them anyway, I can't even find a motherboard for it on eBay.

Dual socket boards for it use the c602j chipset,  and START at 400$

1 minute ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Dual socket boards for it use the c602j chipset,  and START at 400$

Yeah but I can only find ones that support e5, not e7

Also as RNGesus, about 500-600 euro

13 minutes ago, roughavoc said:

Eh?  New these are $6000.

Well $6451 at launch http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel-Xeon E7-2890 v2.html

I would say about $2000 second hand but there can't be many people who would buy server processors second hand.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

i accept donations btw

2 minutes ago, soup said:

I would say about $2000 second hand but there can't be many people who would buy server processors second hand.

2k seems high also its euros not usd (or aud) 600ish euros seems the roundabout price  second hand server processors are not much as people who buy these tend to get the best there is brand new :) as its usually a company 

4 minutes ago, soup said:

The thing is these are engineering samples,  im not sure they would sell for that much

9 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

The thing is these are engineering samples,  im not sure they would sell for that much

Thing is, I don't understand how there could be 100+ engineering samples of a CPU...like there was this post on ebay that was selling engineering samples of a xeon and they had like 200 in stock...some how...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 hour ago, RNGesusHatesMe said:

2k seems high also its euros not usd (or aud)

In the first line I was replying to roughavoc who said they were $1000'

Sort of (to my mind anyway) is  50% depreceation as soon as you open the box, which goes down to a third even if they look brand new on someone else buying them.

The main takeaway is that there are very few people who will pay for second(third) hand server grade proccesors IMHO. 

Bung them on eBay with a minimum reservation of 150 + fees+whatever incidentals .

And hope there is some sort of bidding war and you get a lot more.

GOOD LUCK

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

16 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

The cheapest ones I've seen on ebay are at least £600 (€635~). ES would probably go for £400 (€508~) - £600 (€763~)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

So the general consensus is about 400-500$ apiece? 

59 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

RESELL RESELL RESELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

51 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

So the general consensus is about 400-500$ apiece? 

If you plan to resell them fast put them up for $200, nobody is going to have a motherboard for those chips, but even at such a low price you could be looking at having them sit around for a few months.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

What?  It is not legal for people to own or resell Intel's engineering samples.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.