Gaming/Workstation laptop, $10,000 budget

So, i have on my hands around $10,000 USD and i was wondering what is the highest performance gaming laptop out there.

I don't really care about the size or weight, just looking to buy the top one or one of the top ones.

Looks do count a little bit, around 30% to 40% of the overall laptop, and yes i could easily build a desktop however its not really that practical for me at the moment (i move a lot but weight or size is not a problem).

I saw some people saying to wait for new gpu's to come out and i was wondering what should i wait for and if it's really that worth wait for them.

Thank you in advance. 

Edit: Forgot to mention that the laptop will not only be used for gaming but also for high rendering.

Wit until 1080 arrives in Laptops. It will probably only be a few months.

Main Rig: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/kLDFqk

Server: Dell PowerEdge R710 / Intel Xeon X5675 @ 3.06GHz / 128GB DDR3 RAM / Dual RAID 5 Arrays (3x 1TB + 3x 2TB) for 6TB of Storage

Laptop: HP Pavilion x360 13-s150sa / 13" 1080p Display / i5 6200u / 128GB SSD / 8GB DDR3 RAM

Broadband: Virgin Media Vivid 350 (385 Mbps Down / 20 Mbps Up)

Yes some high end desktop replacements will be featuring some bad ass gpus in the near future .. wait out for them

Even though im not so into laptops, i know that the wait time is well worth it, and since you have such a huuuuge budget, you could even pick the latest ones with the new ram (assuming youll get a 1080) and who knows what more... hell, ive waited 4 years to build my PC (2 month left ;) ) you might as well wait couple of months too :P

Concerning the looks, im sure youll find something that will fit you... so yeah... in the meantime, build a PC with 1/5 of your money and play some VR games

Hope i helped

1 minute ago, jjbone1000 said:

Wit until 1080 arrives in Laptops. It will probably only be a few months.

I can wait or even just buy a new one, the point is that i have zero clue on which one i should choose from.

1 minute ago, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

Macbook Air.

How is this a performance gaming laptop? if you play any AAA games on that, it will literarly melt...

3 hours ago, Z-Gaming said:

How is this a performance gaming laptop? if you play any AAA games on that, it will literarly melt...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

MSI GT80S Titan

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 minutes ago, Z-Gaming said:

in the meantime, build a PC with 1/5 of your money and play some VR games

Hope i helped

You did, the only problem is that it would only take dust at home.

I spend 10% of my time at home without counting the hours of sleep and stuff that makes me stay away from a device.

A laptop is what i was looking for since it would be easier to bring with me than a whole workstation.

I could easily just spend part of it in one now and when the new come out buy a new one, the point is that i dunno what to buy.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

MSI GT80S Titan

Would you suggest an MSI or a ROG? 

The only thing that attracts me most between the two builds is the rog's look (example the G752VY, i love the back of it for some reason but compared to the one you just showed me it's like comparing a bike and a car)

There are currently no GTX 1080 m's for laptops. If you are looking for one of those then you're gonna have to wait for a while. 

1 minute ago, 274963_1454182299 said:

Would you suggest an MSI or a ROG? 

The only thing that attracts me most between the two builds is the rog's look (example the G752VY, i love the back of it for some reason but compared to the one you just showed me it's like comparing a bike and a car)

MSI, Asus has shit support and with the GT80s Titan you get 980 SLI and a mech keyboard.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, l_zheng101 said:

There are currently no GTX 1080 m's for laptops. If you are looking for one of those then you're gonna have to wait for a while. 

I have a wide budget that would allow me to buy one now then buy another when they come out.

I just don't know if it's worth the wait and what "brands" i should look into.

2 minutes ago, 274963_1454182299 said:

I have a wide budget that would allow me to buy one now then buy another when they come out.

I just don't know if it's worth the wait and what "brands" i should look into.

Its worth the wait as 1080 is A LOT more power efficient = better battery life = quieter laptop = cooler laptop = better overclock. So the lesson is wait.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.91 GHz RAM: G.Skill 4x4GB 2133Mhz DDR3 GPU: AMD HD 7970 3GB SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB PSU: Corsair HX620W  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Case: Phanteks P400 Tempered Glass (Black) Monitor: Dell P2412H, Dell 2012H Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy HDD: WD Black 3TB

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

MSI, Asus has shit support and with the GT80s Titan you get 980 SLI and a mech keyboard.

Is the Titan the Highest they have? as much as i love mech keyboards i don't really like the fact that it's pretty much on the edge of the laptop with the picnic area at the front. Maybe they do custom ones but yeah, not really liking the looks of it.

1 minute ago, PokeCatz said:

Its worth the wait as 1080 is A LOT more power efficient = better battery life = quieter laptop = cooler laptop = better overclock. So the lesson is wait.

Thank you ^^ (i have no problem spending money, but saving it, it's always a pretty nice thing)

Here's my recommendation and why.

http://www.asus.com/us/site/g-series/

I am a trucker and have had my ASUS ROG G75VW for around 4 years. It has been the most amazing laptop ever. Any time I bring a laptop into the truck with me it brakes within 6 to 12 months but not my ASUS ROG.

I replaced my DVD drive with a 4TB drive and installed two 500GB SSDs in it in RAID 0. I have zero complaints. I can play almost any game I throw at it including running 9 EVE Online clients at once with 60 FPS on all of them on one screen.

Mine also has a mini DisplyPort that can handle up to 6 more screens or one at 4K.

8 minutes ago, 274963_1454182299 said:

Is the Titan the Highest they have? as much as i love mech keyboards i don't really like the fact that it's pretty much on the edge of the laptop with the picnic area at the front. Maybe they do custom ones but yeah, not really liking the looks of it.

Yeah you don't really find any laptop with 980 SLI not 980m

3 minutes ago, TheSquatch said:

Here's my recommendation and why.

http://www.asus.com/us/site/g-series/

I am a trucker and have had my ASUS ROG G75VW for around 4 years. It has been the most amazing laptop ever. Any time I bring a laptop into the truck with me it brakes within 6 to 12 months but not my ASUS ROG.

Hey, thank you for your answer, the ROG's back it's one of the parts that i love the most and i can't take my eyes off it.

I'm a student, so there's no heavy work involved in what i do, but it's nice to know a laptop can last.

I will most probably spend part of it in a Asus ROG G752VY-DH72 or the Asus ROG G752VY-DH71 to save a little bit of money and not buy the highest one now and then throw it away (not literally) when they add the 1080 on them.

So it would be something cheaper than the highest and then just buy the highest with a 1080 when it comes out.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Yeah you don't really find any laptop with 980 SLI not 980m

Thank you, i might hold to buy the #1 till the 1080 is applied to them.

2 minutes ago, 274963_1454182299 said:

Hey, thank you for your answer, the ROG's back it's one of the parts that i love the most and i can't take my eyes off it.

I'm a student, so there's no heavy work involved in what i do, but it's nice to know a laptop can last.

I will most probably spend part of it in a Asus ROG G752VY-DH72 or the Asus ROG G752VY-DH71 to save a little bit of money and not buy the highest one now and then throw it away (not literally) when they add the 1080 on them.

So it would be something cheaper than the highest and then just buy the highest with a 1080 when it comes out.

I have to say the heat dissipation with the rear fans is phenomenal!

My brother in-law has a thermal camera that we pointed at my ROG and the laptop was mostly cool with 90% of the hot spots being out the rear it looked so cool. I wish I had taken a picture.

2 minutes ago, TheSquatch said:

I have to say the heat dissipation with the rear fans is phenomenal!

My brother in-law has a thermal camera that we pointed at my ROG and the laptop was mostly cool with 90% of the hot spots being out the rear it looked so cool. I wish I had taken a picture.

Thank you for your help

Why spend it on only one computer?

I have a friend with a 4 000€ computer and he literally went on with only the best on everything, ordered a custom case with custom cooling solution.

I discussed with him, he told me that spending any much more wouldn't improve anything by a real margin, and would screw both cooling and the compacity of it all.

So I'd say be reasonable and don't waste money on things you don't really need.

(That guy can play on two computers on full HD with just his laptop, and even he knows it isn't useful)