Gaming/Workstation laptop, $10,000 budget

1 minute ago, laminutederire said:

Why spend it on only one computer?

I have a friend with a 4 000€ computer and he literally went on with only the best on everything, ordered a custom case with custom cooling solution.

I discussed with him, he told me that spending any much more wouldn't improve anything by a real margin, and would screw both cooling and the compacity of it all.

So I'd say be reasonable and don't waste money on things you don't really need.

(That guy can play on two computers on full HD with just his laptop, and even he knows it isn't useful)

It's not just gaming, there will be a lot of rendering done on it (3D, videos and more) and i hope to use it after i finish my studies too, so rather than buying a laptop now for $1000, then have to spend other $2000 because it's not powerful enough or it crashes on me.

I'm going for the highest because i know i will use at least 80-90% of it's full power and slowly making it work harder and harder.

It's not just gaming, the faster i can render the more i can do.

37 minutes ago, 274963_1454182299 said:

It's not just gaming, there will be a lot of rendering done on it (3D, videos and more) and i hope to use it after i finish my studies too, so rather than buying a laptop now for $1000, then have to spend other $2000 because it's not powerful enough or it crashes on me.

I'm going for the highest because i know i will use at least 80-90% of it's full power and slowly making it work harder and harder.

It's not just gaming, the faster i can render the more i can do.

That guy has in average 4VM running on it and he uses it to its maximum to compute deep learning stuff, believe me he does a lot of things :)

What I wanted to say is that 4000 to 5000$ should be all that you should spend to have the best you can in a laptop :)

For all intents and purposes :)

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

MSI GT80S Titan

Please no. I'll actually send you a DM about this machine.

2 hours ago, 274963_1454182299 said:

So, i have on my hands around $10,000 USD and i was wondering what is the highest performance gaming laptop out there.

I don't really care about the size or weight, just looking to buy the top one or one of the top ones.

Looks do count a little bit, around 30% to 40% of the overall laptop, and yes i could easily build a desktop however its not really that practical for me at the moment (i move a lot but weight or size is not a problem).

I saw some people saying to wait for new gpu's to come out and i was wondering what should i wait for and if it's really that worth wait for them.

Thank you in advance. 

Edit: Forgot to mention that the laptop will not only be used for gaming but also for high rendering.

The P870DM-G sounds right up your alley... but you might as some said want to wait until the pascal chips come out. While Eurocom is overpriced, they're the only ones who will sell you unlocked machines with Quadro GPUs, which may be appealing to you. If you're fine with gaming cards and not using Quadros, then mythlogic might be a better place to buy.

You can't really get anything stronger with similar levels of cooling. The GT80 is too power limited and sucks from its battery; the P870DM can simply use two PSUs if you really need the horsepower with two GPUs and your CPU overclocked etc.

1 hour ago, PokeCatz said:

Its worth the wait as 1080 is A LOT more power efficient = better battery life = quieter laptop = cooler laptop = better overclock. So the lesson is wait.

Erm, Pascal is more "efficient" than Maxwell in terms of performance per watt, but GP104 draws more than GM204 on the whole. It's also a lot hotter. Battery life when cards are downclocked is not going to change much, and if in an Optimus system, the dGPU turns off as it doesn't run your display, so battery life would be completely unchanged there.

And in drawing more power, overclocking further is hindered, not benefited. As far as actual overclocking goes, Maxwell in general manages +50% over default for most chips (some of the newer 900M chips have shittier parts and seem to hit a limit nearer to 30%, though) but Pascal seems limited around +30% in general, so Pascal doesn't actually overclock all that much further in general.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

17 hours ago, laminutederire said:

That guy has in average 4VM running on it and he uses it to its maximum to compute deep learning stuff, believe me he does a lot of things :)

What I wanted to say is that 4000 to 5000$ should be all that you should spend to have the best you can in a laptop :)

For all intents and purposes :)

I see ^^ i didn't intend to spend $10,000 on a single machine but that's the budget i have, it doesn't matter how much the laptop is but i won't really go over $10,000 for a single laptop.

I meant it as like i  have $10,000 what is the best laptop i can get for that money.