Off-color LTT shirt?

Allright, so I got my OFFICIAL Linus Tech Tips t-shirt (crew). Wooo! But the color seems to be way off, almost maroon-ish? I snapped a picture, with two LTT edition Noctua fan vibration dampeners laying on a 'white' A4 sheet of printer paper. It was supposed to be LTT orange, wasn't it? Just wanted to confirm an actual error before I contacted Teespring.

Edit: New picture, more color and less blur.

20160616_013544.jpg

Oh well then, I'll just think of it as my extra-special shirt :)

17 hours ago, byalexandr said:

It's supposed to be that color IIRC.

Actually, I remember a few WAN shows ago Linus mentioning something about there being an accidental print that got the colors wrong.

I could be wrong, but the website definitely shows an orange and not red color so I'm fairly certain something along those lines happened.

Just contract Teespring and ask, as long as you're polite it can't hurt. At worst they'll say no, at best they'll replace it with a proper one.

18 hours ago, norgeek said:

OFFICIAL Linus Tech Tips t-shirt (crew).

Lol, I at first thought you were underlining the fact that you got an "official" (and not a bootleg) t-shirt to make you look more cool, but then I realized that is what the product's actually called lawl. GG.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

23 minutes ago, ElfenSky said:

Actually, I remember a few WAN shows ago Linus mentioning something about there being an accidental print that got the colors wrong.

I could be wrong, but the website definitely shows an orange and not red color so I'm fairly certain something along those lines happened.

Just contract Teespring and ask, as long as you're polite it can't hurt. At worst they'll say no, at best they'll replace it with a proper one.product's actually called lawl. GG.

Yes, I think he did mentioned that indeed. And even if he didn't mention that, you would expect an LTT orange shirt :P 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Yeah, it's an error.  Mine is orange, like the Noctua fans.  Contact Teespring and send the picture with it.  they will send you another shirt of the same value for free - doesn't even need to be the same design.  That way you have two shirts. :)

Happened to me with the HighLANder shirt where it was a tiny bit off-centered and they gave me the choice of either choosing another shirt with the same price or get a reprint of the same shirt sent to you all for free.

// Floatplane Pilot //

Main Rig:  Motherboard: ASUS H270 - PLUS - CSM | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) | Case: Corsair Carbide Series SPEC - 02 | SSD: ADATA SU800 128GB HDD: WD 1TB Hard Drive | PSU: Corsair CX 550M | CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mechanical | Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 | Sound: Corsair VOID RGB / USB Headset | OS: Windows 10

Laptop:   Razer Blade Stealth 2016

Teespring: "I took a closer look at the campaign that you ordered from and it does appear that these items were printed correctly."
But they went on to offer me store credit for any currently available shirt anyway. With ShadowDeity confirming 'Noctua Orange' that sort of leaves me with mixed feelings regarding their customer service, but oh well.

And yeah, I did vaguely remember something regarding printing problems in a WAN show, but I'm not going to look through them to find it.

Thanks for the input from all of you!

4 hours ago, norgeek said:

Teespring: "I took a closer look at the campaign that you ordered from and it does appear that these items were printed correctly."
But they went on to offer me store credit for any currently available shirt anyway. With ShadowDeity confirming 'Noctua Orange' that sort of leaves me with mixed feelings regarding their customer service, but oh well.

And yeah, I did vaguely remember something regarding printing problems in a WAN show, but I'm not going to look through them to find it.

Thanks for the input from all of you!

I dunno what else you're expecting, they're basically offering to replace your t-shirt, without even having to send your current one back... Seems like a win to me.

It might be that the problem was on Linus's part (sending a wrong color accidentally), and the customer rep on Tee-spring's part doesn't know who/where/what is, and just sees the approved/received design.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Get a foil LTT shirt, I love my silver one. :)

-KuJoe

21 hours ago, ElfenSky said:

It might be that the problem was on Linus's part (sending a wrong color accidentally), and the customer rep on Tee-spring's part doesn't know who/where/what is, and just sees the approved/received design.

They actually linked directly to the campaign site for color reference, as well as attaching a screenshot of the same website, so they appeared to go from that rather than any previously received design or internal documents. The negative impression I got only referred to their apparent inability to see a difference between the color I received and the color on their website. I got the feeling of being 'brushed off' as a customer, which is unfortunate.

Yes, they are offering a new shirt and I do appreciate that - especially because they did so believing that they had done nothing wrong in the first place. Unfortunately they are not able to do a reprint, and there's nothing currently available that I have any serious interest in. Seems pointless to just get a random shirt as a 'replacement', especially with my limited closet space :)

21 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Get a foil LTT shirt

That campaign has ended, hasn't it?

Pre-post-edit: It seems like the 'OFFICIAL Linus Tech Tips shirt' campaign has even been restarted and is currently running.. do I dare to ask for one of those, hoping that I'll actually end up with the right colors this time? I'm assuming they didn't offer a reprint/switch to that campaign because they were under the impression that I had already received the correct color anyway...

Post-post-edit: A different CS came back to me overnight, said that yes, obviously something had gone wrong, and they had alerted the production facility. They also ordered me a new shirt from the new campaign (after confirming this with me). Woo, happy endings! Well, as long as it works out this time. But it should :)