Wifi not working?

ItsMinJunLol

Hi guys, I live in Korea where internet is supposed to be fast af. Internet seems pretty fine but when I'm downloading movies in popcorntime, it tells me that speeds are barely 20 kb. Also, it seems a bit slow that what you're supposed to expect as people say u have speeds up to 1.167 gbps which speedtest.net showed rarely 16 megs and reality is I think 16 kb. I have Iptime A604V router. It's ok I guess but I expect faster connection. The real problem is that I can't get wifi to work on my galaxy S3. Due to my S5 breaking, I will be using it for some time but first bootup, it was REAL shit. It was really slow and shit like that but after a few hours, it seemed ok. When I tried to use things like snapchat, internet won't work. I checked the internet connection thingy and showed bursts of 200 BYTES of connection but nothing else. I don't know what the problem is. Also, I have this weird problem when I'm trying to access my SD card but It won't show up in gallery, files, wherever. It indicates that it's plugged in, but I can't access the files. Please help!

P. S. I use a mac

i think you should first of all check your DNS with something like namebench. After that try to upgrade the firmware of your wireless router, and if you have some budget you can actually get a faster router, maybe with double band ( 2.4 and 5 ghz ). 

Bye :)

9 hours ago, Mountine said:

i think you should first of all check your DNS with something like namebench. After that try to upgrade the firmware of your wireless router, and if you have some budget you can actually get a faster router, maybe with double band ( 2.4 and 5 ghz ). 

Bye :)

Thanks, My router is a double band and how do I do upgrade firmware and stuff? I use mac and I personally don't even know how to delete files on windows xD

1 hour ago, ItsMinJunLol said:

Thanks, My router is a double band and how do I do upgrade firmware and stuff? I use mac and I personally don't even know how to delete files on windows xD

You go to the manufactures website, find the firmware for your router and download it to your MAC, make sure its a place you can find. Then log in to your router thru the web browser. You should be able to access it with the address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, after that you will need to search through the options until you find the area where you can upgrade the firmware. Once you find it, it will ask you to select a file from your computer, which is the one you downloaded. Keep in mind firmware updates need to be done over a wired connection. DO NOT do it over wireless, it may not work. 

Also some times it could just be issues with the device. As in the device you are trying to connect to your network. From what it sounds like its and issue with an Android phone. Is your phone really the only device that has issues? Keep in mind that most devices have better WIFI radios then your phone will. Some older devices do not support 5Ghz, Im not 100% sure on the S3. Even though I can get up to 450Mbps from my router, my Wireless N tablet never got speeds over 75Mbps, even next to the router. I would advise you to make sure you have all the latest software updates for your phone. Now if your computer and other devices have issues it could very well be a crap router. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

You go to the manufactures website, find the firmware for your router and download it to your MAC, make sure its a place you can find. Then log in to your router thru the web browser. You should be able to access it with the address 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, after that you will need to search through the options until you find the area where you can upgrade the firmware. Once you find it, it will ask you to select a file from your computer, which is the one you downloaded. Keep in mind firmware updates need to be done over a wired connection. DO NOT do it over wireless, it may not work. 

Also some times it could just be issues with the device. As in the device you are trying to connect to your network. From what it sounds like its and issue with an Android phone. Is your phone really the only device that has issues? Keep in mind that most devices have better WIFI radios then your phone will. Some older devices do not support 5Ghz, Im not 100% sure on the S3. Even though I can get up to 450Mbps from my router, my Wireless N tablet never got speeds over 75Mbps, even next to the router. I would advise you to make sure you have all the latest software updates for your phone. Now if your computer and other devices have issues it could very well be a crap router. 

Thanks, I need to buy a wired adapter for my mac and I just got my phone to work by restarting. Thanks.

You can go to the main page of the router also without a wired connection, but for firmware is advise to use a wired connection. Let us know :)

6 hours ago, Mountine said:

You can go to the main page of the router also without a wired connection, but for firmware is advise to use a wired connection. Let us know :)

Oh, ok. No need to buy I guess. I'll go to their website :D