Forum Functions

@colonel_mortis I can't reply to your message

It has the "the connection has been reset" message

But i can comment

@jkeasley do other websites work? Notably, are you able to submit anything to pastebin? Some other people have also had issues submitting content, and it appears to be an issue with our CDN, cloudflare, rather than something on our end. Pastebin also uses cloudflare, so if most other sites do work, but pastebin doesn't, that would suggest that maybe cloudflare is at fault.

HTTP/2 203

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

@jkeasley do other websites work? Notably, are you able to submit anything to pastebin? Some other people have also had issues submitting content, and it appears to be an issue with our CDN, cloudflare, rather than something on our end. Pastebin also uses cloudflare, so if most other sites do work, but pastebin doesn't, that would suggest that maybe cloudflare is at fault.

It's unusual because at school, on my school laptop, it works perfectly fine (im at school at the moment, I tend to have nothing else to do, but browse the ltt forums during class)

1 minute ago, jkeasley said:

It's unusual because at school, on my school laptop, it works perfectly fine (im at school at the moment, I tend to have nothing else to do, but browse the ltt forums during class)

I think the issue is probably somewhere between your router and our CDN, but I don't know what could possibly cause errors like that. You aren't the only person to be having issues like that, though it is very rare (I've only seen one other case, and that was less severe than yours seems to be).

HTTP/2 203

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2016 at 5:56 AM, colonel_mortis said:

@jkeasley is it still happening for you?

Yes, apparently it could be a browser issue

On 10/07/2016 at 11:07 PM, jkeasley said:

Yes, apparently it could be a browser issue

Are you able to bring your school laptop home? If so, can you see whether it works there?

If it doesn't, or you can't, can you go to http://test-ipv6.com/ and let me know whether it is successful, and particularly what is reported under the "tests run" tab once it's completed. I doubt that is the issue, because it was reported as fixed, but the symptoms seem to match.

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Are you able to bring your school laptop home? If so, can you see whether it works there?

If it doesn't, or you can't, can you go to http://test-ipv6.com/ and let me know whether it is successful, and particularly what is reported under the "tests run" tab once it's completed. I doubt that is the issue, because it was reported as fixed, but the symptoms seem to match.

Ok, so I tried again on my home pc, and it didnt work. I tried once on my school laptop and it didnt work. Then I tried again another day and it DID work.

Results of the test (I'm at school currently):

Test with IPv4 DNS record  
ok (0.992s) using ipv4
Test with IPv6 DNS record  
bad (0.912s)
Test with Dual Stack DNS record  
ok (1.012s) using ipv4
Test for Dual Stack DNS and large packet  
ok (0.920s) using ipv4
Test IPv4 without DNS  
ok (1.858s) using ipv4
Test IPv6 without DNS  
bad (0.016s)
Test IPv6 large packet  
bad (0.836s)
Test if your ISP's DNS server uses IPv6  
timeout (9.782s)
Find IPv4 Service Provider  
ok (1.464s) using ipv4 ASN 18201
Find IPv6 Service Provider  
bad (0.960s)

8 hours ago, jkeasley said:

Ok, so I tried again on my home pc, and it didnt work. I tried once on my school laptop and it didnt work. Then I tried again another day and it DID work.

Results of the test (I'm at school currently):

Test with IPv4 DNS record  
ok (0.992s) using ipv4
Test with IPv6 DNS record  
bad (0.912s)
Test with Dual Stack DNS record  
ok (1.012s) using ipv4
Test for Dual Stack DNS and large packet  
ok (0.920s) using ipv4
Test IPv4 without DNS  
ok (1.858s) using ipv4
Test IPv6 without DNS  
bad (0.016s)
Test IPv6 large packet  
bad (0.836s)
Test if your ISP's DNS server uses IPv6  
timeout (9.782s)
Find IPv4 Service Provider  
ok (1.464s) using ipv4 ASN 18201
Find IPv6 Service Provider  
bad (0.960s)

Is that the results of the test on an Internet connection that does or doesn't work? The test primarily checks your Internet connection, not your computer, because I think that is where the problem is. 

HTTP/2 203

15 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is that the results of the test on an Internet connection that does or doesn't work? The test primarily checks your Internet connection, not your computer, because I think that is where the problem is. 

That's on the one that does work? It's working on VDSL, but I'm still yet to check it at home, just that I was at work last night

20 hours ago, jkeasley said:

That's on the one that does work? It's working on VDSL, but I'm still yet to check it at home, just that I was at work last night

Can you test where it doesn't work?

HTTP/2 203

@jkeasley thanks. Looks like it's not what I thought. I can't find many other people with the same issue online, but one thing that has been suggested is to look at a feature called ECN. Assuming you're running Windows, can you open Command Prompt and run the following command:

netsh interface tcp show global

About half way down the list, there should be "ECN Capability" - can you check what that says. I think it should say "disabled", but if it doesn't, can you run

netsh interface tcp set global ecncapability=disabled

Then try again (a restart might be required, I don't know). I doubt that is the issue though.

Just to clarify, it does seem to be an issue with the laptop, and not with your internet connection, right? So it happens with the laptop on multiple networks, but different computers on those networks work fine?

Other things that I have found that might help:

• Update your network card drivers
  • Check for malware
  • Try a different user account on the same device
  • Go into your network card properties (device manager -> network adapters -> right click on the one you're using -> properties -> advanced) and see whether "AppEx Networks Accelerator" exists; if so, make sure it's turned off.

HTTP/2 203

I had been experiencing this issue then it went away

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

40 minutes ago, LittleCarrot said:

I had been experiencing this issue then it went away

That's what happened to me