Bad customer service at EVGA

martward

I posted a while back about my GPU spewing fire, and I had send my HTC 950 SSC for a RMA. It took EVGA over 7 weeks to replace it, without ever giving a status update or anything. They also never responded to the request the shop I bought it send them of just giving me my money back since it took so absurdly long. In the end I got my GPU back accompanied with a keycoard and an implied f*ck you.

Oh if anyone near Amsterdam is looking for a EVGA GTX950 SSC, contact me ?.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

If you did it through a shop its probably them that screwed you over..

Anyway we have a thread for this

|

V

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

4 minutes ago, martward said:

I posted a while back about my GPU spewing fire, and I had send my HTC 950 SSC for a RMA. It took EVGA over 7 weeks to replace it, without ever giving a status update or anything. They also never responded to the request the shop I bought it send them of just giving me my money back since it took so absurdly long. In the end I got my GPU back accompanied with a keycoard and an implied f*ck you.

Oh if anyone near Amsterdam is looking for a EVGA GTX950 SSC, contact me ?.

Post your warranty experience over at @thekeemo's thread :)

Most people have good experiences with EVGA. But every company has their off-day.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Most people have good experiences with EVGA. But every company has their off-day.

EVGA and EVGA EU have different policies and repair centers which could also cause it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

EVGA and EVGA EU have different policies and repair centers which could also cause it

This is true, I kept hearing people worshiping EVGA for their excellent customer service only to realize it doesn't really apply to Europe. So then, who do you think is best in this regard for EU?

1 minute ago, Adriel said:

This is true, I kept hearing people worshiping EVGA for their excellent customer service only to realize it doesn't really apply to Europe. So then, who do you think is best in this regard for EU?

Do it through the retailer and push hard on them with your customer protection laws (which NA is very much lacking in).

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

5 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

If you did it through a shop its probably them that screwed you over..

Anyway we have a thread for this

|

V

Sorry didn't know.

Apparently they have been doing this for a while. I did get a message when my GPU was sent to EVGA so I doubt the vendor had something to do with it. Plus I had quite some contact with the vendor.

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 minute ago, Adriel said:

none of the asia based countries, so msi, asus, and gigabyte are out the window. Other than EVGA... Who else sells graphics cards over there?

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

3 minutes ago, Wander Away said:

none of the asia based countries, so msi, asus, and gigabyte are out the window. Other than EVGA... Who else sells graphics cards over there?

All those companies you listed have RMA centers in Europe

MSI has one in almost every country (though they do it through other companies)

edit: holy crap MSI has a lot of service centers.. many countries and more often than not more than one service center.

3 minutes ago, martward said:

Sorry didn't know.

Apparently they have been doing this for a while. I did get a message when my GPU was sent to EVGA so I doubt the vendor had something to do with it. Plus I had quite some contact with the vendor.

It always takes longer when the vendor does it

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

Longer sure, but 7 weeks? From what I've heard, the vendor tried to contact them twice a week to get them to hurry, but it's a small company so they probably didn't really care.

My System:

Spoiler

I'll buy your GTX 950 for 15 euros ex. shipping ;) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Wander Away said:

3 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

MSI has one in almost every country (though they do it through other companies)

edit: holy crap MSI has a lot of service centers.. many countries and more often than not more than one service center.

I just found out that Palit is German, and that they now own Gainward. Though again, in terms of brand name, I wouldn't say they're up there with Asus, MSI, Gigabyte

4 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Do it through the retailer and push hard on them with your customer protection laws (which NA is very much lacking in).

That's actually not the way to go with EVGA, at least not in Germany. As soon as you open an EVGA box they tell you to send the product directly to them in case something fails. They have their own repair shops over Europe and shipping it trough the reseller just adds time and complexity to the process, if you send it to them directly they are actually quite fast. That said, I don't know it that is their policy for all countries tough. :(

2 minutes ago, martward said:

Longer sure, but 7 weeks? From what I've heard, the vendor tried to contact them twice a week to get them to hurry, but it's a small company so they probably didn't really care.

People lie.. anyway this definitely falls under retailer not EVGA since they are the ones that handled it.

1 minute ago, cynexit said:

That's actually not the way to go with EVGA, at least not in Germany. As soon as you open an EVGA box they tell you to send the product directly to them in case something fails. They have their own repair shops over Europe and shipping it trough the reseller just adds time and complexity to the process, if you send it to them directly they are actually quite fast. That said, I don't know it that is their policy for all countries tough. :(

You press on them to get you a new card directly (or a refund) without sending to EVGA

I think all of us have "that" experience with a company. If one experience was enough to avoid a company all together, then who would we buy from?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

I think all of us have "that" experience with a company. If one experience was enough to avoid a company all together, then who would we buy from?

Not Sapphire :D (or gigabyte or EVGA)

Can Kingston start making motherboards and GPUs

only they have been consistently amazing for me..

You just need to add some "lawsuit" in your email when talking with them.

And in EU there is customer protection, so if they try to make some shit about warranty, you are covered by your state.

In my country, you can contact some firm that's dealing with this. For free. Helping customers with declined warrantys etc.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

51 minutes ago, Wander Away said:

For Nvidia
Palit

Gainward

PNY

Zotac

For AMD
Sapphire

XFX

Powercolor

Club3D

If we exclude EVGA, MSI, ASUS and Gigabyte.

25 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Not Sapphire :D (or gigabyte or EVGA)

Can Kingston start making motherboards and GPUs

only they have been consistently amazing for me..

When my 290 started messing up I had a RMA slip within 15min with Sapphire. And it turned out to be my fault xD . I went EVGA because I could walk my card to them if I have an issue. And Kingston? You've never had their SSDs if you want them to make a motherboard xD

If anyone asks you never saw me.

its common knowledge EVGA's warranty in europe is kinda poopy, and to be honest... its not like they're priced very well in the market either here...

1 minute ago, App4that said:

When my 290 started messing up I had a RMA slip within 15min with Sapphire. And it turned out to be my fault xD . I went EVGA because I could walk my card to them if I have an issue. And Kingston? You've never had their SSDs if you want them to make a motherboard xD

Oh cmon it was one ssd...

Sapphire meanwhile took weeks to get a reply once.. could be due to the company that they force you to go through in Canada.

37 minutes ago, App4that said:

It's not just the 7 weeks, it's also the fact that they never gave me an update or even a small note with "sorry you couldn't use your PC to work and study for over 7 weeks". If you look at a lot of other companies that at least take some effort to communicate it's just painfully obvious that they don't give a flying f*ck about you as customer.

My System:

Spoiler