Best Place to Buy PC Parts (UK)

TheRoss0411

I am building my first PC, i have picked all of my parts on Amazon and am wondering whether there are any Better/Cheaper places to buy from. 

Is scan.co.uk any good ?

Thanks.

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Amazon

Scan.co.uk

Overclockers.co.uk

Dabs

Novatech

Are the only places I would buy from depending on prices.

I lean more towards amazon/overclockers though because they have free returns if something is wrong with what you ordered, also I get free 1st class delivery on overclockers and they have discounts every day and the odd deal here and there.  Also get free delivery on Scan, but you have to pay for returns regardless of the reason....

Dabs and novatech have decent voucher codes at times, but you have to pay for delivery (unless they have a free delivery voucher at the time)

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Depends where you are in the world. I'm guessing the UK considering your .co.uk.

I usually like to shop at local retails so there's no shipping charge and you don't have to wait for it to arrive :D

Put your components here: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/

It will tell you the cheapest place to buy that component. 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

aria.co.uk usually are quite cheap

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE

(mhast be cheap)

I stick to Amazon, Aria PC and Novatech.

I stay away from Scam after scam took 40+days to replace my graphics cards and hardly communicated to me unless I had aggressive conversation starters.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

I opt for Overclockers pretty much all of the time, but google stores for the parts you want, great choice out there :-)

6581 The power of the C64  :) 

I only buy Hardware from Scan and watercooling kit from Specialtech.

There are people who have issues with retailers but you don't know what they will be like with you until you try them.

I won't use Overclockers after they banned me from the store for taking faulty items back to them.

I won't use Aria because the manager that banned me from Overclockers went to work there.

I won't use Microdirect because they don't stock most items that people actually want anymore and there after sales support is the worst I have any seen.

I have never used Yoyotech, Novatech or some others simply because I normally drive to the stores to buy the parts as most are within a 30 minute drive from me.

If you are on the Bit-Tech forums you can link your Bit-Tech account to your Scan account and get free delivery, and possibly also Specialtech but I have not checked that so don't hold me to it.

You may also be able to get free delivery from Specialtech and Aria by being a member of the Overclock3d forums.

Core I7 3930K 4.6ghz, Rampage IV Extreme, 16GB Corsair Vengance 1600mhz, GTX 780Ti SLI, Corsair Force 3 240Gb SSD, Asus Xonar DX, Killer Xeno Pro, Phobya Easy Bench V3, Phobya Extreme Nova 1080

cclonline.com is awesome.

All of my yes.

Great communication on my orders, rapid delivery, cheap prices and just a great experience.

I stick to Amazon, Aria PC and Novatech.

I stay away from Scam after scam took 40+days to replace my graphics cards and hardly communicated to me unless I had aggressive conversation starters.

I'm never buying from Amazon again. I hate how they don't communicate very much, was frustrated that they only took payment after the item was being despatched and most annoyingly shoved my RAM kit in a completely inadequate cardboard case specifically designed for things like DVDs and games...

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

All of my yes.

Great communication on my orders, rapid delivery, cheap prices and just a great experience.

I'm never buying from Amazon again. I hate how they don't communicate very much, was frustrated that they only took payment after the item was being despatched and most annoyingly shoved my RAM kit in a completely inadequate cardboard case specifically designed for things like DVDs and games...

I used them for my power supply and case. Arrived quickly. cheapest option and was well protected.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Overclockers

Amazon

Specialtech

Ccl are ok but a bitslow sometimes.

Pc world (joke)

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Dabs has weird packaging, everything is just under cellophane and they suck for returning items, my friend had to wait a month for a refund on his gpu, I have been waiting around 2 weeks for a refund on my wifi adapter (got my postage refunded though, my friend did not.)

Other than that they are good, main reason I bought from them though is because they first time it was cheaper and the second time they had promotion on where you could save money so I got £20 off my order.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo