Can I find the date my MacBook was made?

Now I don't want to start PC vs Mac wars here, I just want a answer to my question. So I got a 2010 MacBook with the 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo and for it's age and specs, it's still pretty good so I'm not going to upgrade soon. I would like to run Snow Leopard off a flash drive (That or maybe an external hard drive) on this computer. Can I find the date my MacBook was made since some came with Lion while the rest came with Snow Leopard?

3 minutes ago, Appleboy45 said:

SNIP

I have to ask why not just upgrade to El Capitan and maybe shove an SSD and more ram in it

my brothers core 2 duo macbook pro runs great with an SSD

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I have to ask why not just upgrade to El Capitan 

That is the main operating system. I just want to put OS X 10.6 on a flash drive and run that on the MacBook every once in a while just to experience it again. I'm more of a fan of the previous version of OS X, but 10.11 ain't bad.

Maybe look on the bottom for some code or version number of the device and you can Google it to maybe get some info?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Appleboy45 said:

That is the main operating system. I just want to put OS X 10.6 on a flash drive and run that on the MacBook every once in a while just to experience it again. I'm more of a fan of the previous version of OS X, but 10.11 ain't bad.

Ah good good

this might help

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6413

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

7 minutes ago, Appleboy45 said:

Now I don't want to start PC vs Mac wars here, I just want a answer to my question. So I got a 2010 MacBook with the 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo and for it's age and specs, it's still pretty good so I'm not going to upgrade soon. I would like to run Snow Leopard off a flash drive (That or maybe an external hard drive) on this computer. Can I find the date my MacBook was made since some came with Lion while the rest came with Snow Leopard?

If the model orginally came with lion, you can run snow leopord as no hardware or fimware was change, they just gave the newer units a newer shipping os.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

If the model orginally came with lion, you can run snow leopord as no hardware or fimware was change, they just gave the newer units a newer shipping os.

Okay. I thought if it were to come with Lion, it couldn't run Snow Leopard.

You can find the date your battery was manufactured with a handy app from the mac app store, will post the name in a few mins, my macbook is not responding :/

edit: it's called battery health :)

https://itunes.apple.com/app/battery-health-monitor-battery/id490192174?mt=12