EKWB Releases Official List of Water Blocks for Custom PCB GTX 1080s

-BirdiE-

EKWB has finally released a list of custom GTX 1080 PCBs that they will be making blocks for. It looks like they've got all the flagship 1080s from the AIB partners covered.

EKWB 1080 List.png

I personally am pretty excited that they're making a block for the EVGA Classified, as there seems to be some kind of tiff going on between EKWB and EVGA.

If the one you would like to see is not on here, do not fear! There is still a chance. EKWB will be adding to this list as more custom 1080s come out.

Please note that more GeForce® GTX 1080 graphics cards will be supported due to water blocks compatibility with PCB.  In order to simplify the search for suitable and compatible water block EK is adding newly released graphics cards from various manufacturers to EK Cooling Configurator database and compatible graphics cards are being added to the list on a daily basis:

Source:

https://www.ekwb.com/news/official-list-of-ek-water-blocks-for-gtx-1080-series/

Surprised they're making a FTW block they don't normally. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

1 minute ago, alexyy said:

I was surprised as well. When I emailed them a couple weeks back they said "Classified, maybe.... FTW, no..."

6 minutes ago, alexyy said:

5 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

I was surprised as well. When I emailed them a couple weeks back they said "Classified, maybe.... FTW, no..."

FTW Pre-orders are through the roof atm. Overclockers have at least a few hundred of them on pre-order and that's just one shop. The EVGA rep over there has said they're struggling to get enough chips from Nvidia to keep up with the number of pre-orders.

Do these blocks also fit on 1070s? I'm pretty sure they have similar if not the same PCBs

6 hours ago, Z3DT said:

Do these blocks also fit on 1070s? I'm pretty sure they have similar if not the same PCBs

1070 will get their own blocks, as usual.

14 hours ago, Z3DT said:

The PCB is not the same!

linux master race.

27 minutes ago, Kunter said:

The PCB is not the same!

Thanks for the tip. I don't intend to do any custom watercooling any time soon due to financial restraints anyway, but that's good to know.

Oh? Even palit is getting one?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Nice!  Last I had heard EVGA wasn't going to have ek blocks. Really glad that this changed since evga tends to have the best watercooler's warranty

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

2 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Nice!  Last I had heard EVGA wasn't going to have ek blocks. Really glad that this changed since evga tends to have the best watercooler's warranty

It was always likely that EK was going to make blocks for EVGA cards... The news your thinking of is that it was confirmed EVGA would not use EK blocks for their HydroCopper series with the pre-installed blocks.

19 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

It was always likely that EK was going to make blocks for EVGA cards... The news your thinking of is that it was confirmed EVGA would not use EK blocks for their HydroCopper series with the pre-installed blocks.

http://www.overclock.net/t/993624/ek-club/15790#post_25204040

i knew they weren't making the hydro's this year, there was talks of not making other non-ref as well

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q