Old Games At 1080p

Go to solution Solved by Kobathor,

When I played Just Cause (original,) it didn't support widescreen. I Googled it and somebody made a mod to make it widescreen compatible. Try finding one for that game, or change your resolution to have black bars, and it'll look fine. 

Hi Guys

So I fired up Need For Speed Most Wanted 2005 because I found the disk in one of my draws during a clear out. 

However I realized the maximum resolution is 1280x1024, and it looks awful because its stretched over my screen. 

Is there a way to force 1920x1080 or at least change the aspect ratio to stop the stretching?

Thanks

If it has been åatched or modded afterwards to support widescreen, then using those. But older games just aren't really that compatible with modern screens. You can try to run it with black bars on sides or windowed mode.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, Pearsonia said:

i had the same problem with most wanted 2 too. maybe look in your graphics driver to force a resolution but otherwise i dont think its possible

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

When I played Just Cause (original,) it didn't support widescreen. I Googled it and somebody made a mod to make it widescreen compatible. Try finding one for that game, or change your resolution to have black bars, and it'll look fine. 

I used to be quite active here.

Try looking for mods that support higher aspect ratios/resolutions. If the game supports it, try changing the rendering software, that can sometimes give you access to higher resolutions.

Awesome thanks guys, I just found a Mod!