Whats the best CPU Cooler for the X4 860K?

KJ4

I've recently built a gaming PC and my processor has been getting VERY hot while gaming, so i really need a new CPU cooler so i can keep the temperatures fairly low without it getting very hot.

What ones could you recommend?

I only have about £15-20 to spend.

2 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

Could grab a TX3. It's not too bad.

4 minutes ago, KJ4 said:

I've recently built a gaming PC and my processor has been getting VERY hot while gaming, so i really need a new CPU cooler so i can keep the temperatures fairly low without it getting very hot.

What ones could you recommend?

I only have about £15-20 to spend.

3 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

Quite frankly at that budget you're wasting your money on sub-par crap, wait until you got double that and you can afford something much better :)

Basically this, unless you can grab a Hyper 212 Evo or something like that... I actually don't know for certain if that's compatible with the FM2+ CPU slot though. Should be, if I remember correctly.

2 minutes ago, smittywits said:

Basically this, unless you can grab a Hyper 212 Evo or something like that... I actually don't know for certain if that's compatible with the FM2+ CPU slot though. Should be, if I remember correctly.

It will, FM2+ uses same mounting as AM3+ type CPUs. Which is the same system AMD have used for about 10 years now :)

@KJ4 the Raijintek Themis is £22 on Amazon at the moment which is £5 less than it is usually- free delivery as well. That's worth a look.

2 minutes ago, smittywits said:

HyperX 212 is also bad value. Don't add bad value with bad value.

1 minute ago, harrynowl said:

It will, FM2+ uses same mounting as AM3+ type CPUs. Which is the same system AMD have used for about 10 years now :)

I thought so. I'm a bit hazy headed from work, been up for a couple days haha. Thanks for the reassurance that I'm not totally worthless while sleep deprived.

4 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

@KJ4 the Raijintek Themis is £22 on Amazon at the moment which is £5 less than it is usually- free delivery as well. That's worth a look.

Okay thanks! Ill have a look at it.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

HyperX 212 is also bad value. Don't add bad value with bad value.

I said Hyper 212 Evo, not HyperX 212.

If it fits and it works, a 212 Evo is a solid low cost CPU cooler. Hell, my 5930k is substantially overclocked on one..

3 minutes ago, smittywits said:

I said Hyper 212 Evo, not HyperX 212.

If it fits and it works, a 212 Evo is a solid low cost CPU cooler. Hell, my 5930k is substantially overclocked on one..

There are (way) better options these days. Like the Arctic i32 and i11. PWM, FDB bearings, semi-passive.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.