Help me 4 fast beeps apon boot up. New build

I just finished building my new shiny rig and when i press the power button.t he fans start and then they stop then start again shortly followed by 4 quick beeps. Pls help.6600k fatality performance.4x4 ddr4. Cm750x(I think)

Tried resetting CMOS?

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Have you done any fault finding?

Try with just one stick of RAM in various slots first.

Try another CPU if you have one.

Try another PSU if you have one.

Try another motherboard if you have one.

Check the motherboard manual for what 4 beeps means.

At least help us help you by doing some investigation of your own.

Spoon feeding won't teach you anything.

10 minutes ago, Sebbydo said:

I just finished building my new shiny rig and when i press the power button.t he fans start and then they stop then start again shortly followed by 4 quick beeps. Pls help.6600k fatality performance.4x4 ddr4. Cm750x(I think)

That beep is an error code for diagnostics. Look up your motherboards model, then in the user manual from the manufacturers website. There will usually be a list of error codes and what they mean. 

Found a list of general AMI beep codes. But this can vary. So I'd highly recommend looking up specifics for your motherboard.

AMI American Megatrends BIOS Beep Codes:

Beeps ----------- Error Message -------------- Description 
1 short ------------ DRAM refresh failure -----The programmable interrupt timer or programmable interrupt controller has probably failed
2 short -------------Memory parity error-------- A memory parity error has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad
3 short --------- Base 64K memory failure --- A memory failure has occurred in the first 64K of RAM. The RAM IC is probably bad 
4 short ------------ System timer failure ------- The system clock/timer IC has failed or there is a memory error in the first bank of memory
5 short ------------ Processor error ------------- The system CPU has failed
6 short ------------ Gate A20 failure ------------ The keyboard controller IC has failed, which is not allowing Gate A20 to switch the processor to protected mode. - Replace the keyboard controller
7 short ---- Virtual mode processor exception error -- The CPU has generated an exception error because of a fault in the CPU or motherboard circuitry
8 short ----- Display memory read/write error ---------- The system video adapter is missing or defective
9 short ----- ROM checksum error ------ The contents of the system BIOS ROM does not match the expected checksum value. The BIOS ROM is probably defective and should be replaced
10 short ----- CMOS shutdown register read/write error -------- The shutdown for the CMOS has failed
11 short ----- Cache error --------------------------------------- The L2 cache is faulty
1 long, 2 short --- Failure in video system ------------ An error was encountered in the video BIOS ROM, or a horizontal retrace failure has been encountered
1 long, 3 short --- Memory test failure --------------- A fault has been detected in memory above 64KB
1 long, 8 short --- Display test failure ---------------- The video adapter is either missing or defective
2 short ------------- POST Failure ----------------------- One of the hardware tests have failed
1 long -------------- POST has passed all tests

Edited by Apathetik
Much grammar. Such wow.

First thing I'd do Is reset CMOS then test the RAM channels and/or replace the RAM to see If anything happened... Second thing test the PSU on another system.

ABOUT ME: Hello, I'm a 15-year-old PC enthusiast. I love helping people with their problems and learning about the hardware of a PC.

DREAM JOBS: Computer Technician, I.T Consultant or a Computer Hardware Engineer.

NEXT BUILD: http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/rDXLJV (NOT COMPLETED)

BE NICE TO ONE ANOTHER AND HAVE SOME FUN!  

If It's not working then It would be the CPU, 4+ beeps means CPU. You can also try remove the processor, then clean the paste and re-Install...  

ABOUT ME: Hello, I'm a 15-year-old PC enthusiast. I love helping people with their problems and learning about the hardware of a PC.

DREAM JOBS: Computer Technician, I.T Consultant or a Computer Hardware Engineer.

2 hours ago, Kapono said:

First thing I'd do Is reset CMOS then test the RAM channels and/or replace the RAM to see If anything happened... Second thing test the PSU on another system.

How do I do both those tbings.sorry I'm a scrub?

11 minutes ago, Sebbydo said:

I now know how to clear CMOS but how do I test ram

How to reset CMOS ^ 

To test your PSU all you have to do Is plug It Into another computer to see If the PSU will boot another OS... 

Just replace the RAM, with other RAM see If you get any where doing that, or test the channels buy placing "one" stick In a different channel. 

You can also try unplugging all the front panel connectors (including USB's In the headers) to see If that works... 

There also might be a chance of a corrupt BIOS, so try flash the BIOS as well (You need dual-Bios) 

Doesn't work, It just might be the mobo, so RWA that as well as the CPU... 

Then you should be fine with some of your new hardware :D 

14 hours ago, Sebbydo said:

I tried clearing CMOS and removing the battery. Both were unsuccessful.the. I put the PSU in another rig and it worked fine.

4 hours ago, Kapono said:

How to reset CMOS ^ 

To test your PSU all you have to do Is plug It Into another computer to see If the PSU will boot another OS... 

Just replace the RAM, with other RAM see If you get any where doing that, or test the channels buy placing "one" stick In a different channel. 

You can also try unplugging all the front panel connectors (including USB's In the headers) to see If that works... 

There also might be a chance of a corrupt BIOS, so try flash the BIOS as well (You need dual-Bios) 

Doesn't work, It just might be the mobo, so RWA that as well as the CPU... 

Then you should be fine with some of your new hardware :D 

I tried clearing CMOS and removing the battery. Both were unsuccessful.the. I put the PSU in another rig and it worked fine

How many RAM sticks do you have? try just using one If you're using two, or swap the RAM around In channels (slots) 

On 04/06/2016 at 6:54 PM, Kapono said:

How many RAM sticks do you have? try just using one If you're using two, or swap the RAM around In channels (slots) 

I have 4 but I have tried just 1 in each and 2 in each and all of the combos possible 

I'd replace the CPU and the Mobo... 

22 hours ago, Kapono said:

I'd replace the CPU and the Mobo... 

yeah i contacted the store about warrenty or something but it is the weekend so they arent open so just waiting for a responce

20 hours ago, Sebbydo said:

yeah i contacted the store about warrenty or something but it is the weekend so they arent open so just waiting for a responce

they just got back to me and they want a pic of the mobo and cpu socket.