120mm aio vs huge air cooler

00Titan00

hi there,
i'm always confused that between a 120mm aio like corsair h80i gt and a heavy ,huge air cooler like noctua nh-d15 which would be better choice of cooling solution , which one would be more beneficial , giving more performance per dollar and overall experience with cooler.

thanks

You might as well just get a 212 evo.

You'll see like a 3 to 4c decrease at most when going to a 120 rad.

Personally I would never put more than 50 bucks into a heatsink, it's never worth it imo. Unless you really dislike AiO water coolers. I'm just biased though.

Save your money, get a 240mm AiO or just work with what you got.

Spoiler

120mm AIOs have terrible performance for your money.

A Noctua NH-D15 is a far superior cooling solution in comparison to any 120mm AIO with fewer points of failure.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, MilkJugg24 said:

You might as well just get a 212 evo.

You'll see like a 3 to 4c decrease at most when going to a 120 rad.

Personally I would never put more than 50 bucks into a heatsink, it's never worth it imo. Unless you really dislike AiO water coolers. I'm just biased though.

Save your money, get a 240mm AiO or just work with what you got.

my friend asked me to upgrade his cpu he purchased a i5 6600k and he would be overclocking it and with a stable and low temp. , so what cooler would you suggest ,if a 210 evo can get the job done then no problem 

4 minutes ago, 00Titan00 said:

my friend asked me to upgrade his cpu he purchased a i5 6600k and he would be overclocking it and with a stable and low temp. , so what cooler would you suggest ,if a 210 evo can get the job done then no problem 

If you have a 212 EVO keep it, it's great.

But if you really want the Noctua NH-D15 it's also good, is still costs a hunk of money.

But I'd just spend 15 bucks more and get a H100i GTX from Corsair. But that's up to you, water cooling isn't everyone's fancy.

Spoiler

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

120mm AIOs have terrible performance for your money.

A Noctua NH-D15 is a far superior cooling solution in comparison to any 120mm AIO with fewer points of failure.

ok , but can you suggest a littil smaller air cooler with same cooling performance , b'coz that nd-d15 ,that is really too big 

Just now, MilkJugg24 said:

If you have a 212 EVO keep it, it's great.

But if you really want the Noctua NH-D15 it's also good, is still costs a hunk of money.

But I'd just spend 15 bucks more and get a H100i GTX from Corsair. But that's up to you, water cooling isn't everyone's fancy.

ok thanks 

25 minutes ago, 00Titan00 said:

hi there,
i'm always confused that between a 120mm aio like corsair h80i gt and a heavy ,huge air cooler like noctua nh-d15 which would be better choice of cooling solution , which one would be more beneficial , giving more performance per dollar and overall experience with cooler.

thanks

go for the nh-d15. its quieter, more efficient and with less points of failure. i have one and I'm extremely satisfied. 

22 minutes ago, 00Titan00 said:

ok , but can you suggest a littil smaller air cooler with same cooling performance , b'coz that nd-d15 ,that is really too big 

I need to know specifics. What's your case? What dimensions of space do you have available?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Get the H100i V2 it's the newest model from corsair, it comes with new firmware too.

8 hours ago, 00Titan00 said:

Same performance as an NH-D15 in a smaller package? Nope. Not on air, anyway. Noctua, beQuiet and Cryorig all make great single tower coolers that get within a few degrees of the D15. What kind of case do you have?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

11 hours ago, 00Titan00 said:

If you're looking for a moderate oc, a 212 Evo would be fine.

In this case between the NH-D15 and the H80i GT, and in general, the air cooler will perform better, be quieter, and cost less compared to a 120mm rad. 

If you would like a cooler recommendation, tell us where you're shopping/located and your budget.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I need to know specifics. What's your case? What dimensions of space do you have available?

carbide spec-m2

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

If you're looking for a moderate oc, a 212 Evo would be fine.

In this case between the NH-D15 and the H80i GT, and in general, the air cooler will perform better, be quieter, and cost less compared to a 120mm rad. 

If you would like a cooler recommendation, tell us where you're shopping/located and your budget.

i'm in india and i would be shopping forom amazon.in or local dealer,
but many said nh-d15  is good i'm planing to go for it  

Just now, aisle9 said:

Same performance as an NH-D15 in a smaller package? Nope. Not on air, anyway. Noctua, beQuiet and Cryorig all make great single tower coolers that get within a few degrees of the D15. What kind of case do you have?

carbide spec m-2

120mm AIOs are only good option when you have limited space. In every other part air cooler is much better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

15 minutes ago, 00Titan00 said:

carbide spec-m2

Working with limited room here so your only options is to go for a low profile cooler (that won't be as good as the NH-D15) or go for a more expensive 240mm AIO (that rivals the cooling performance of the NH-D15).

Spoiler

Working with limited room here so your only options is to go for a low profile cooler (that won't be as good as the NH-D15) or go for a more expensive 240mm AIO.

how about lepa aqua changer 240 ? is it good

3 minutes ago, 00Titan00 said:

how about lepa aqua changer 240 ? is it good

Eh, it's one of the lesser quality ones. I usually recommend Corsair or NZXT if you're going 240mm.

Spoiler

Eh, it's one of the lesser quality ones. I usually recommend Corsair or NZXT if you're going 240mm.

hmm , so i should tell him to save for a corsair h100i ? 

10 minutes ago, 00Titan00 said:

hmm , so i should tell him to save for a corsair h100i ? 

I'd recommend him to do so. Or go with a low profile air cooler.

Spoiler