So the 1080 launched today...

Clixias
9 minutes ago, MasterMustard said:

I've not decided yet. the one with the stock pcb so I could slap a nice gpu block at it :) And of course it has to have more than just a single 8-pin power so probably looking for the aftermarket ones! Combining custom pcb that takes an custom waterblocks + better power delivery would be the best of all! 

Nice, why do you need more then a single 8 pin if I may ask?

3 hours ago, Clixias said:

Aaaand it's gone!

On a serious note though, in my country the FE cards became available today on all major retailers and after searching about 10 sites, only one EVGA model is still available. It also retails for about $1,100 (for those who thought the Aussies were screwed lol) 

yeah we got screwed hard 972.86 is what it should cost costs us 1229. a titan x is 1300 ???? . so much for half the price LOL

2 minutes ago, rpalmz46 said:

Well the "referenc" card itself has single 8 pin what i've found out. So if we pretend that the card itself doesn't thermal throttle due to it's weak (cooling performance) blower fan and default loaded fan curves, and we would start to overclock it further beyond I'm pretty worried about the fact it has only one 8-pin power connector and that could be a limiting factor (that's just my speculation so no actual facts). Well of course the card is yet more power efficent comparing to the past series :) Gladly the aftermarket versions include better overclocking cababilities!

2 hours ago, Suika said:

Already got mine preordered, the EVGA ACX 3.0 one. Gonna be like a month or two before I have it in my system, but it'll be mine soon enough.

You did Step Up, right? Was the difference in price they used the difference between the new card and the price you paid for your 980 Ti, or the difference between your new card and what the EVGA store sells the 980 Ti Classified for now? I'm tempted to buy a 1080 for the holiday season of games (say November or so) and if somehow the GP102 1080 Ti comes out within that 90 day window it would be cool to step up to that for not a lot more lol.

19 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You did Step Up, right? Was the difference in price they used the difference between the new card and the price you paid for your 980 Ti, or the difference between your new card and what the EVGA store sells the 980 Ti Classified for now? 

Yep, I paid the difference that was between what I paid for my Classy (not including sales tax, shipping, and subtract rebates) and the new GPU, so I paid $20 to step up. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

11 hours ago, rpalmz46 said:

Overclocking requires power. VRM has a large part to play too. 

While the 5 phase VRM and single 8 pin connector are fine for the normal gamers it won't be able to do much when additional voltage and higher clocks are on the menu. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Bloody over £600 and still selling out. Brits are thick.

Linus is my fetish.

In US card were sold out that fast lol?

In EU there is still bunch of them in web shops that we could order.

But seems like EU people doesn't want to spent so much money for it xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB