Windows Phone sales drops below 1%

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

900, 920 and 1520.

Well of course I shouldn't have bought them. They're trash.

the 1520 was well documented to be shitty. Even I think it was nasty.

Honestly, walk up to a Microsoft store (now that they have them everywhere except Europe and Asia) and try out the Lumia 950.

the x20 generation were kind of shit. But the x30, x40 and x50 were and still are good.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

the 1520 was well documented to be shitty. Even I think it was nasty.

Honestly, walk up to a Microsoft store (now that they have them everywhere except Europe and Asia) and try out the Lumia 950.

the x20 generation were kind of shit. But the x30, x40 and x50 were and still are good.

My experience is that they are all just as bad. I shouldn't have to go through three different kinds of their phones, returned more than once mind you, to find a semi-decent phone. The sales and poor reception of their phones clearly shows more than enough people feel the same way.

They just aren't good phones...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

4 minutes ago, Albatross said:

My experience is that they are all just as bad. I shouldn't have to go through three different kinds of their phones, returned more than once mind you, to find a semi-decent phone. The sales and poor reception of their phones clearly shows more than enough people feel the same way.

They just aren't good phones...

whatever.............

I'm more than happy.

wp_ss_20160525_0001.png

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

18 hours ago, BHS4K said:

For me its To Galaxy or to Nexus

I love my Nexus 5. Almost 2 years old and still as fast as on the day I bought it.

For some reason I smiled when I read the topic title :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Good please crash and burn. I hate Windows phones. I have to deal with so many faulty ones day to day/ week to week/ month to month in my job and it literally makes me want to cry.

I want them gone.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

20 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Good please crash and burn. I hate Windows phones. I have to deal with so many faulty ones day to day/ week to week/ month to month in my job and it literally makes me want to cry.

I want them gone.

lol.is that cos you don't know they work?

44 minutes ago, sof006 said:

I want them gone.

Yea right. You probably never seen one.

35 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Yea right. You probably never seen one.

A lot of people claim to hate on windows phones when I have to wonder whether they've ever used one.

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

A lot of people claim to hate on windows phones when I have to wonder whether they've ever used one.

Have you ever used a Lumia 550? Disgusting phone. They released it with the most buggy version of Windows 10 ever. Had so many customers bring it back in saying their email account won't sync on it, apps stop responding or down right refusing to work. Seen the same fault at least 5 times on that very phone. Fault being that you cannot add any contacts to people, if you try to add one the people hub app force closes. 

I work in a phone shop and do tech support, most faulty kind of phones I have in are either iPhone or Windows phone. iPhone probably the most due to popularity and the vast majority of Windows phones because I don't think Microsoft could careless about how they test their OS before releasing it.

The only decent Windows phone I have used is the Lumia 950 and its XL version.

EDIT: Also the number of errors codes you get on Windows phone that when you google them they give you an answer to fix them but the fix doesn't work.

System Specs:

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I've had a few..couple to be exact.  I had an HTC Trophy, and now I have a Lumia 640.  However, I am using an S4 now.

It seems there is a small (perhaps very small) group of people who really like them. Personally, I've never used one so I cant say anything good or bad about them.

People should use whatever they want to, if that happens to be a windows phone, more power to ya. My current phone is an S6, FWIW.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That is one model.

I'm pointing out one of the more faulty ones... there are plenty other ones that are very faulty.

Lumia 650 is often terrible. Battery life is horrible on it, similar faults to the 550.

Lumia 530 is better than the newer models but has issue where if the phone becomes completely full on storage then the phone stops working completely and you need to do a hard wipe using Windows Recovery tool on PC...

The only decent Windows phones are the very expensive ones. You can get a decent Android phone for the same price as the phones i've listed just here and you won't have any of these issues.

EDIT: In fact I had a guy swap his 650 to a Samsung Core Prime the other day and I haven't seen him since.

System Specs:

12 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Have you ever used a Lumia 550? Disgusting phone. They released it with the most buggy version of Windows 10 ever. Had so many customers bring it back in saying their email account won't sync on it, apps stop responding or down right refusing to work. Seen the same fault at least 5 times on that very phone. Fault being that you cannot add any contacts to people, if you try to add one the people hub app force closes. 

Sure, but as Microsoft said that currently Windows 10 Mobile is aimed at fans, and is aimed at Insiders. Basically, Microsoft expects you to join the Fast Ring. Fast Ring is like comparing Android 1.0 with Android N. Microsoft released like 1 version update of the production ring. The company is only releasing Fast Ring (almost weekly), and casually Slow ring release (almost monthly). I don't particularly agree with this direction, but it is what it is.

Then again, the times I wanted to throw out of the window my Moto G with shitty Android version it shipped, and unlike Windows 10 Mobile, carrier is blocking OS updates preventing me to have a working phone, was just fantastic.

This is why Microsoft is not advertising the OS or any of its phones. The OS is not ready, unless you are on the Slow or Fast Ring, and remain there until minimum at least Anniversary Update. But i would say Redstone 2 (with the Surface Phone expected release date in March)

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Sure, but as Microsoft said that currently Windows 10 Mobile is aimed at fans, and is aimed at Insiders. Basically, Microsoft expects you to join the Fast Ring. Fast Ring is like comparing Android 1.0 with Android N. Microsoft released like 1 version update of the production ring. The company is only releasing Fast Ring (almost weekly), and casually Slow ring release (almost monthly). I don't particularly agree with this direction, but it is what it is.

This is why Microsoft is not advertising the OS or any of its phones. The OS is not ready, unless you are on the Slow or Fast Ring, and remain there until minimum at least Anniversary Update. But i would say Redstone 2 (with the Surface Phone expected release date in March)

Then why sell a phone to customers in a commercial store if the OS isn't ready?

The lumia range is our most returned/exchanged handset in our shop (I work for a big retailer)

System Specs:

12 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Then why sell a phone to customers in a commercial store if the OS isn't ready?

The lumia range is our most returned/exchanged handset in our shop (I work for a big retailer)

That I can't answer you. In US and Canada and in most regions, it is through Microsoft store only, or with the carrier website only (like AT&T). AT&T have the device in display, but the store have very few (which was at release) to none, and you are normally asked to order online on AT&T website for what I am told on forums (or they order it for you and shipped to their store for you come and pick it up at a later date when it arrives)

I don't know why your store has it in store. What I would suggest is to switch them to the Slow Ring of Windows 10 Mobile at least, and make sure the firmware is fully updated, if they really want a Windows 10 Mobile phone, at least until the Anniversary Update is released (which you'll need to update the phones to, in any case) Make sure that the apps are also fully updated after the upgrade, because the apps on the Slow/Fast Ring are massively better over the Production ring, like no joke. They have have way more features, way more solid, and is way more polished. Heck, Windows 10 Maps has tabs, Cortana voice, faster, improved directions, and more. And that is just 1 app. Again, I don't agree with what Microsoft is doing on this, basically rejecting the production ring, but it is what it is.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

That I can't answer you. In US and Canada and in most regions, it is through Microsoft store only, or with the carrier website only (like AT&T). AT&T have the device in display, but the store have very few (which was at release) to none, and you are normally asked to order online on AT&T website for what I am told on forums (or they order it for you and shipped to their store for you come and pick it up at a later date when it arrives)

I don't know why your store has it in store. What I would suggest is to switch them to the Slow Ring of Windows 10 Mobile at least, and make sure the firmware is fully updated, if they really want a Windows 10 Mobile phone, at least until the Anniversary Update is released (which you'll need to update the phones to, in any case) Make sure that the apps are also fully updated after the upgrade.

I do that all for them in store when they come in with the issues, it fixes the issues for a short while but they tend to come back again. Just because i'm not fond of slandering the image of a brand in front of a customer i'll tend to blame it on the fact that the handsets price class is of mid to low end and therefore you get what you pay for.... and then suggest they return and exchange within 14 days (as they are legally allowed to)

Like I say though this isn't always the case, some people are happy with their Windows phone as they generally don't try to use it for more than calls or texts.

System Specs:

23 hours ago, DioOmicida said:

For the vast majority of the market, it's a simple question:
To Galaxy or to Iphone. 

If that's the only two option I'll go for Galaxy

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

I'm going to have to agree with all the people that have stopped buying Win phones. I'm sick and tired of my Lumia 929 not working and at the price of a flagship phone when it came out. 

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

10 hours ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

I'm going to have to agree with all the people that have stopped buying Win phones. I'm sick and tired of my Lumia 929 not working and at the price of a flagship phone when it came out. 

Did you try Windows 10 Mobile?  A new build on the Fast Ring was just released with focused improved on the 929 and 930.

10 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Did you try Windows 10 Mobile?  A new build on the Fast Ring was just released with focused improved on the 929 and 930.

I checked and they said it wouldn't be released on the 829 even though it meets the specifications.

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

8 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Lumia 829 doesn't exists. I guess you meant to type 929.

The 929 is fully supported under the Insider Program.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/preview-supported-phones

yah, sorry :) phone keyboard. I just checked the windows update advisor and it said its ready, but the phone is showing up to date (and I know this isn't 10). Possibly Verison has not released it yet?

9 minutes ago, Vivilacqua1 said:

yah, sorry :) phone keyboard. I just checked the windows update advisor and it said its ready, but the phone is showing up to date (and I know this isn't 10). Possibly Verison has not released it yet?

To join the Insider program to get Windows 10 Mobile for your phone, you need to get this app:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/windows-insider/9wzdncrfjbhk

Once you install it, run it, and follow the wizard. And join the Fast Ring.

You will need to restart the phone after (the app will do that for you), and once booted back up, now check for updates, and it should show up. If it's like Windows 10 desktop, you may need to wait several hours before it shows up after you check (takes time to join the required wave, and once in, now Windows Update will show the new build).

To recover your phone back to Windows Phone 8, in the case you want to:

You can download and run on your PC, the Windows Device Recovery Tool: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10662/windows-phone-recover-my-phone

It is also a good way to check and upgrade your firmware if your carrier is blocking them. This will help you get a better experience out of your phone.

The problem is that this tool will also format everything form your phone, so backup your stuff before. The tool should be able to tell your your current firmware, and latest one available for your phone before starting anything.