Doom 2016

CostcoSamples

So I just picked up a copy of the new Doom, and it is awesome!  I got 20% off from https://www.greenmangaming.com if anyone is interested.  I saw similar deals on G2A.com

So far I'm about 2 hours into the single player campaign.  The graphics are awesome, plenty of blood and gore, very fun kill animations, and challenging gameplay.  The story is pretty cool as well.  If you like this kind of game, you won't be disappointed!  I haven't tried multiplayer yet.

edit:  the 20% coupon code at Green Man Gaming was DOOM20

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

I was hyped for it, but as soon as i found out about DLC packs on top of the base game, i decided not to bother.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

28 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

I was hyped for it, but as soon as i found out about DLC packs on top of the base game, i decided not to bother.

Every game has DLC, with that logic you'll be playing N64 games forever.

10 minutes ago, TheCovertCamper said:

Every game has DLC, with that logic you'll be playing N64 games forever.

If the 2nd and 3rd DLC are the same as the first, you'll be paying £36 for a possible 9 maps, 3 weapons, 3 new demons, 3 armor sets, and some cosmetic shit.

Not worth it, considering the base game is £40 on it's own. Add on £30 if you get the season pass, meaning a total of £70. And it's multiplayer will get boring after a few weeks, and the game will die out.

I'd rather play Quake Live tbh.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

6 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

If the 2nd and 3rd DLC are the same as the first, you'll be paying £36 for a possible 9 maps, 3 weapons, 3 new demons, 3 armor sets, and some cosmetic shit.

Not worth it, considering the base game is £40 on it's own. Add on £30 if you get the season pass, meaning a total of £70. And it's multiplayer will get boring after a few weeks, and the game will die out.

I'd rather play Quake Live tbh.

You get the game for the campaign, read a review. Nobody gives a damn about DLC shit.

1 minute ago, TheCovertCamper said:

You get the game for the campaign, read a review. Nobody gives a damn about DLC shit.

Tbh, the online aspect of the new Doom is a bigger selling point than it's single player campaign. And the DLC packs add maps for multiplayer, so anyone who's really into it is gonna have to fork out a lot of cash.

4 hours ago, Fulgrim said:

Tbh, the online aspect of the new Doom is a bigger selling point than it's single player campaign. And the DLC packs add maps for multiplayer, so anyone who's really into it is gonna have to fork out a lot of cash.

No its not. Doom its Strength is the SP. Everybody know that. And the SP is brilliant.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

4 hours ago, Fulgrim said:

Tbh, the online aspect of the new Doom is a bigger selling point than it's single player campaign. 

Sorry what?

the MP is nowhere NEAR as good as the SP

You should buy DOOM for the single player, and consider MP a fun bonus

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

7 hours ago, Fulgrim said:

Tbh, the online aspect of the new Doom is a bigger selling point than it's single player campaign.

Of course you have the right to find the multiplayer more compelling than the campaign, but you'd be the first I've heard with that point of view. Most are buying this game for the single player.

It's unfortunate they're going the map-pack route with the DLC, that sort of scheme is likely to ruin the multiplayer in the long-term. It's a shame it's not campaign DLC, that seems to be what most would actually want for this game.

The single player campaign is 100% awesome to behold and play. I've taking my time through the levels in Ultra-Violence mode to take in all of it. This was me pre-order game pickup night May 13, 2016:

1936060_10207818898008380_8117285546384221088_n.jpg

The K70 Vengence Keyboard and M45 Raptor Mouse are red LED. Don't know why my iPhone captures it as purple. ;)

Haven't even touched multiplayer yet.

Just got the Crucible on Ultra Violence difficulty and I have to say up to this point, the single player has been absolutely nothing short of FREAKING EPIC!

All that is left is for someone to somehow re-make level 29 "The Living End" in DOOM 2 for my life to be complete.

I just finished Doom's SP on nightmare as my first playthrough, was so much fun and very rewarding to get past each level when every enemy does so much damage.  I played a couple rounds of MP afterwards and it was OK I guess.  I just really hope they allow for a mode that does away with the loadout system and that they release an official free for all deathmatch mode.  Instagib would be great too.

Looks pretty good so far. I'm only about 10 minutes in though as the game is extremely unstable for me. Is anybody else having problems with crashes to desktop at random intervals, sometimes even 5 seconds after launching the game?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Crash problems being reported are generally driver issues. Use DDU and download the latest drivers (I know that's a scary thing, but the latest ones made my frame rates go even higher in SLI 970's (cruising at 180 fps on ultra). Had crash on start issues with the old drivers before I decided to update.

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

I had 2 CTD's in my entire playthrough.

One on the last driver package, and on the latest we have now.

But nothing since those two separate incidents.

Games been nothing but awesome since I started it, and I'm on my 2nd playthrough now finding more secrets.

Have not even touched MP, and likely won't for quite some time.

Also a bit annoyed that snap map player counts are so low...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On 5/24/2016 at 10:49 PM, Fulgrim said:

No it's not, the MP is just an add on at best which is why it was handle by another dev team. Like Wolfenstein and Uncharted, you buy this game for it's SP.   

3 minutes ago, Mordant221 said:

No it's not, the MP is just an add on at best which is why it was handle by another dev team. Like Wolfenstein and Uncharted, you buy this game for it's SP.   

Yet some people, including myself were/are more interested in the multiplayer aspect of the game.  

13 minutes ago, Mordant221 said:

Post-launch reviews of the multiplayer have been somewhat more grudgingly positive than those during the beta, so it would seem it's at least not as bad as most games which have truly "tacked-on" multiplayer. It's serviceable. It's just a big question whether or not it will last, especially if they are planning to divide up the community with paid map packs.

You buy this or any game for whatever reason you want to buy it. :P

28 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

Yet some people, including myself were/are more interested in the multiplayer aspect of the game.  

im sure some were

I dont think it should even HAVE multiplayer

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I also had one crash during the first hour of gameplay.  No other crashes since, and everything has been fine.  

I still haven't tried MP, I'm just having way too much fun on the SP campaign!  I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a game!  I love it.  I was giggling like a little school girl while playing it last night!  I love the kill animations when you do a glory kill!

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

8 hours ago, CostcoSamples said:

SNIP

I am loving it too, trying to find all the secrets and do all the combat missions is actually quite challenging haha