Do keyboard PC's deserve another chance?

Back then, PC's were built into keyboards, instead of a tower or an all in one monitor.

The trend later died, but somebody found one with Windows 10 and okay specs.

$99 K3 Windows 10 keyboard PC review

Here's the question: If you found one of these with really good specs, would you buy it?

Spoiler

'If a man has no sauce, then he is lost. However, the same man can be lost in the sauce"

no, because the keyboard would be super high off the desk, your keyboard would become warm and it would be a pain to move your keyboard.

also: you'd have to make a keyboard that alot of people like and a case that matches it, for everyone to have the case that they want and the keyboard that they want you'd need <amount of keyboards on the market>*<amount of cases on the market>

5 minutes ago, mikat said:

no, because the keyboard would be super high off the desk and your keyboard would become warm

@themarcelisious Think of it as a gaming laptop with not the greatest cooling...you know how warm the keys get so...that and probably warmer actually as people would want desktop grade hardware in it and not low TDP mobile stuff :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I'd pass. I'd consider one built into the monitor though. I quite like that upon spilling coke over my keyboard I have only possibly killed my keyboard, maybe the mouse too if it was within splash range, and that all the really expensive parts stay dry. 

2 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

I'd pass. I'd consider one built into the monitor though. I quite like that upon spilling coke over my keyboard I have only possibly killed my keyboard, maybe the mouse too if it was within splash range, and that all the really expensive parts stay dry. 

Spoiler

to be honest that looks really good. the 5v input mean you can easily power it of a battery bank or a phone charger and paired with a bluetooth mouse or trackpad it would make a really good mobile pc. i would probably use the windows license and put linux on it if its possible.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

2 minutes ago, mikat said:

Well not that one, it is rather...inelegant.

I was thinking of something that looked like a monitor, but a bit thicker, possibly using high end laptop parts for all but the GPU.

If they would come with battery built-in or with ability to use battery banks as power source. I had talk about one of those. Its actually perfect (or would be with battery) for visually impaired and blind people. They don't really need display or even mouse to use Win10 PC. Just keyboard and battery to power it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I saw this on /r/mechanicalkeyboards today: http://sneek.co/blog/project-kiiboard/

Not exactly what you're thinking of, but similar, and cool as hell either way.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

On 5/21/2016 at 11:17 PM, themarcelisious said:

That looks pretty nice for $100, and it looked kinda smooth; pretty sad this $100 little thing is probably "faster" than most laptops today that cost 5 times as much and for some obscure reason still stick to shitty HDDs.

Would be nice of we could get a rid off the masssi e PC cases and move to a small factor completely. 

1st PC was as big a a room, but we have been using same size ATX cases forever now. Shame on the progress with decreasing the physical size of the hardware is in slowmo...

I know there are ITX and laptops and such but heat is still our biggest problem.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE