Which INTEL Processor do you prefer?

I5 4690k, a good I5 and it overclocks nicely, DDR3 ram is cheap and Z97 mobos arent to expensive either. good bang for your buck but so is any relativly new I5 :) it all depends on budget but i have a I5 4690k and its great. now that DDR4 ram has droped in price a 6600k might be better value tho

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

depends on the budget, there is no preferring involved.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

i love my 4790k but not really the most practical for most gamers condiering they are just playing games i got the 4790k becuase i stream and edit videos But my 4790k is overclocked to 4.7 Ghz But it has served me well 

Depends on the tasts you will be running, Intel has a wide variety of CPU's that can be individually better suited based on budget, heat requirements, overclocking aptitude, core based work loads, thread based work loads, gaming proficiency, etc.

1 minute ago, ZekeGeekTech said:

I don't really know about Intel so educate me.

Core line - This product line consists of i3, i5, and i7. They are the most popular for consumers and usually make the most sense when buying a PC for daily regular use. They are also the most popular for gamers. Most people only recommend the i5 and i7s because they make the most sense performance and price wise. They tend to have 2-4 cores and higher frequencies.

Xeon - They are the business/server processors. They tend to have even more cores (some new ones have upwards of 20) but have lower frequencies. They are meant for 24/7 server use and are not very practical for the average consumer.

12 minutes ago, Prysin said:

nah, fastest Gaming CPU is the G3258 running at 5GHz, don'tcha know?

it isn't, i5 6600k/6700k at like 4.7-4.8ghz is the same speed ipc wise because of architectural improvements, so a 5ghz skylake will be faster... 

some people got over 5ghz on the the i3 6320 when you could still oc the cpus

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I5 4690k, a good I5 and it overclocks nicely, DDR3 ram is cheap and Z97 mobos arent to expensive either. good bang for your buck but so is any relativly new I5 :) it all depends on budget but i have a I5 4690k and its great. now that DDR4 ram has droped in price a 6600k might be better value tho

DDR4 is actually cheaper, at least in the US, so it might be better to go for a 6600k and z170a bundle deal when they come up every once in a while.

7 minutes ago, Flesky015 said:

it isn't, i5 6600k/6700k at like 4.7-4.8ghz is the same speed ipc wise because of architectural improvements, so a 5ghz skylake will be faster... 

some people got over 5ghz on the the i3 6320 when you could still oc the cpus

wrong. just ask the G3258 owners. They will tell you it is a flawless masterpiece and no matter how many benchmarks you got, they got benchmarks saying otherwise.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

wrong. just ask the G3258 owners. They will tell you it is a flawless masterpiece and no matter how many benchmarks you got, they got benchmarks saying otherwise.

there will be so many stutters on it even on 5ghz however don't quote me because that's what ive heard when reading opinions about it but the 5ghz won't help the problems you'll get in cpu bound scenarios

and so far i haven't seen anyone on this forum with a 5ghz anniversary pentium (the highest was 4.8)

3 minutes ago, Flesky015 said:

there will be so many stutters on it even on 5ghz however don't quote me because that's what ive heard when reading opinions about it but the 5ghz won't help the problems you'll get in cpu bound scenarios

and so far i haven't seen anyone on this forum with a 5ghz anniversary pentium (the highest was 4.8)

*sigh* you dont get it do you?

The G3258 is superior. Just ask anyone who owns one.

9 minutes ago, Flesky015 said:

When will your sarcasm thermometer kick in and enable you to realize that he was being sarcastic?

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

G3258 is a colossal waste of cash.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

1 minute ago, JoeyDM said:

@Prysin is agreeing with you. He's being facetious to represent how G3258 owners act.

4 minutes ago, MilfShake said:

When will your sarcasm thermometer kick in and enable you to realize that he was being sarcastic?

really? can you not? i was having fun here.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

Actually it has 3258, so it's a ton better than the i9-1150.

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

i9?! I WANT ONE

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

The i7 5820k is the bomb.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I thought 3258 was the core count and thats why it was so good for gaming?

3 minutes ago, LeStringMan said:

It's both, 1 core per pin for maximum efficiency and gigaflips.