AMD obliterated in DX12 by Nvidia

Malaki Titi

Not really since you are comparing a new architecture to an older one. I could say AMD destroys Nvidia by comparing the Fury X to the 780 Ti. Doesn't make much sense does it?

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

It would be kind of pathetic if their newest flagship that isn't even on sale yet didn't beat cards from a year ago...

This reminds me of Apple every year saying "it's our best iPhone yet!" Yeah, I would hope so... that's the bare minimum expectation, not something to be impressed about.

Also, I can tell the troll is strong in you based purely upon your profile pic.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

More specific title please. Because the 380 still beats the 960 most of the time (same with 390 vs. 970)

You're right about the title.  However, I don't care about peasant level hardware.

1 minute ago, Malaki Titi said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmsfw9GnWUY

This is using an AMD title too.

This is like saying the 4790k kicks a Core2Duos ass. Newer, small processing node, and a fucking 2GHZ clock. And he even says, it's one benchmark. And that it used up all 8 GBS on the 1080. Memory Bottleneck, nothing more.

well then. 

may the troll be with you. 

Gaise, a 16 nm GPU that is 30% faster than the 28nm flagships of last generation in dx 11, also shows the performance regression that Maxwell had with asynchronous compute and is only 9% faster than a Fury X with async compute on. AMD got REKTed. RIP AMD. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

This is like saying the 4790k kicks a Core2Duos ass. Newer, small processing node, and a fucking 2GHZ clock. And he even says, it's one benchmark. And that it used up all 8 GBS on the 1080. Memory Bottleneck, nothing more.

If you were paying attention, he said the max clock was about 1.7ghz, not 2 as you stated.

Don't exaggerate.

3 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Gaise, a 16 nm GPU that is 30% faster than the 28nm flagships of last generation, also shows the performance regression with asynchronous compute and is only 9% faster than a Fury X with async compute on. AMD got REKTed. RIP AMD. 

Can't tell if sarcasm or serious.

Can't tell if sarcasm or series.

Then my work is done here.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Oh wow , a brand new not-even-released-yet card about 30% more powerful than the titan X beats a 600$ card from 2015 based on technology from 2011 ? Wow ! What an achievement !

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 minute ago, Malaki Titi said:

If you were paying attention, he said the max clock was about 1.7ghz, not 2 as you stated.

Don't exaggerate.

Big whoop, 70% higher clock speed still not going to make that big a difference at all. And if Nvidia is going to show off the card running at 2+GHZ at their press release, I'm going to refer to it's clock as such until the end of damn time.

5 minutes ago, Malaki Titi said:

You're right about the title.  However, I don't care about peasant level hardware.

This coming from the guy who told someone else to commit fraud...

Why is this a thread and how is it not locked already?

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

Big whoop, 70% higher clock speed still not going to make that big a difference at all. And if Nvidia is going to show off the card running at 2+GHZ at their press release, I'm going to refer to it's clock as such until the end of damn time.

Notice how no one has called them out on saying it ran at 67c while every reviewer shows temps in the 80s?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I told you go to back to WCCF where you belong. You've been embarrassing yourself a lot on here.

Mhmm and the Fury X crushes a 780 Ti, does that mean AMD crushes Nvidia, no, it means that GPUs have gotten better over time.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

A new gen card, beating a last gen card?

Well bugger me, who'd have thought it possible.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue
People will call me out if I post anything whatsoever
Microwave

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

9 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

IThis reminds me of Apple every year saying "it's our best iPhone yet!" Yeah, I would hope so... that's the bare minimum expectation, not something to be impressed about.

Well, when you have a certain manufacturer that was able to make a phone that performed worse in many aspects than the previous flagship, your expectations have to be lowered.