how to tell if I burned out 5820k tempwise

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

But you're stating that it's meant to be overclocked, and therefore the warranty is not voided. The warranty is technically voided.

Okay I'm probbably wrong about this.

But it's kinda dumb if you ask me.

However, I don't think they can figure out if you did some OC on it. Does CPU have some kind of chip inside, recording voltage and core clock speeds? I'm not sure, but if you send them just CPU back, they can't realy get any kind of proof that you did OC on it.

Well at least I think so, but correct me if I'm wrong :) 

I'm going to buy i7 6800k by the end of the summer, and need to know if there is any way for them to find out if I did OC on it or not.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

5 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

However, I don't think they can figure out if you did some OC on it. Does CPU have some kind of chip inside, recording voltage and core clock speeds? I'm not sure, but if you send them just CPU back, they can't realy get any kind of proof that you did OC on it.

I'm going to buy i7 6800k by the end of the summer, and need to know if there is any way for them to find out if I did OC on it or not.

They put 22 cores into one chip. I'm 100% certain they can tell if you OC the chip :)

2 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

There's nothing on the CPU that records the changes that have been made to the chip. What I'm telling YOU though is that the warranty has been voided. It doesn't matter if they know about it or not, or if they can even know. For the intents and purposes of the warranty terms, it has been broken. The person could lie and say they didn't touch anything, but that doesn't change anything about the warranty terms being broken. That's just how it works. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

3 hours ago, JohnT said:

Well if you had it overclocked at all over 3.6 GHz then you voided your warranty. But Intel might still take pity on you so it might be worth it. Also, it was your cooler that failed... not an Intel component at all.

Give them a call. Can't hurt.

Have you ruled out the possibility that it's your motherboard or power supply?

I had a CPU At 4.9 Daily, just dont tell them and they dont know, I literally had something explode on that CPU Because of how I tried to kill it

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

11 minutes ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

I had a CPU At 4.9 Daily, just dont tell them and they dont know, I literally had something explode on that CPU Because of how I tried to kill it

Question of the hour... what were you doing with your pc?

18 hours ago, TheGamingBarrel said:

It was a crap clocker, so I put 1.9V Through the cache to send it right to silicon heaven.

And did you send it back and request RMA?

I did some research and turns out, that if you OC it, this will really void warranty. But there is no way for them to prove that you acctually did this.

So if you OC your CPU and for some strange reason it dies, just send it back and act dumb. If they ask if you ever OCed it, ask them what OC even means :P 

So yeah it will void your warranty, but as long as you deny overclocking, it they can't realy prove you otherwise and will aprove RMA for it.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

1 hour ago, Simon771 said:

And did you send it back and request RMA?

I did some research and turns out, that if you OC it, this will really void warranty. But there is no way for them to prove that you acctually did this.

So if you OC your CPU and for some strange reason it dies, just send it back and act dumb. If they ask if you ever OCed it, ask them what OC even means :P 

So yeah it will void your warranty, but as long as you deny overclocking, it they can't realy prove you otherwise and will aprove RMA for it.

I sent it back and just said I didnt oc, the fact I was using a low end Z97 Board really helped me, I think since even the board was discolored from the CPU exploding.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Well Intel could easily implement some kind of chip to monitor if CPU was overclocked or not.

But that would give them a lot of hate.

Also CPU should be smart and turn itself off when something goes wrong.

Not sure how many CPUs acctually get destroyed because of OC.

WD My Cloud 4TB