Another Way to annoy your Neighbors

Lolucoca

So, my Neighbor just called me an annoying person. Instead of arguing with him, I thought "F*** You. I can do better than that. After half an hour of soldering it was done. It's nothing special, just a few components, a 250k potentiometer, a pretty loud speaker I had salvaged from a 1960s portable TV (which is connected over those connectors on the picture), a 9V battery and an NE555P timer IC. When everything is connected, this thing generates a square wave signal with a frequency of 3+ kHz that can be adjusted with this potentiometer. I had to use a BD139 power NPN transistor to handle the power of the speaker (otherwise I could only connect really tiny speakers). This thing is annoying af. Even with closed windows, you can hear this high frequency sound. I thought about powering it over USB and adding a tiny piezo buzzer to it, but I would have to use a boost converter to provide enough power to the speaker, so I scrapped that idea. I had quite a bit of satisfaction when I placed this inside of his car while he wasn't looking :D

image.jpeg

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

3 minutes ago, Lolucoca said:

So, my Neighbor just called me an annoying person. Instead of arguing with him, I thought "F*** You. I can do better than that. After half an hour of soldering it was done. It's nothing special, just a few components, a 250k potentiometer, a pretty loud speaker I had salvaged from a 1960s portable TV (which is connected over those connectors on the picture), a 9V battery and an NE555P timer IC. When everything is connected, this thing generates a square wave signal with a frequency of 3+ kHz that can be adjusted with this potentiometer. I had to use a BD139 power NPN transistor to handle the power of the speaker (otherwise I could only connect really tiny speakers). This thing is annoying af. Even with closed windows, you can hear this high frequency sound. I thought about powering it over USB and adding a tiny piezo buzzer to it, but I would have to use a boost converter to provide enough power to the speaker, so I scrapped that idea. I had quite a bit of satisfaction when I placed this inside of his car while he wasn't looking :D

image.jpeg

Not going to lie, this is about the crudest thing I have ever seen.  But it is the best thing I have ever seen.  Eventually, one day, people are going to learn to quit being assholes.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

@JefferyD90 I know I could've done much better, but it fits my purpose quite well :D 

Hahaha... this is cruel man :D But I believe he deserved it ;)  

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

On 10 May 2016 at 4:50 PM, Lolucoca said:

image.jpeg

Nice work I'm inspired now 

I am so making this to annoy my flatmate when he decides to sleep all day

Thats-so-evil-t.jpg

This also reminds me of this:

the_source.png

(gief schematic!)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

In my high school electronics class we ordered those electronics kits to build. One of the ones I got was similar to what you built, but it had a light sensor so when exposed to light, it was silent; but when it was dark, the thing would start beeping. Perfect addition for your speaker of doom.

Added a headphone jack. Had to use six 220 ohm resistors to provide 2.15V to the headphone jack itself. I had to use six resistors because one resistor couldn't handle the current flowing if you connect headphones (if you ever wanted to do so). Also, I had time to measure the current this thing is drawing with a speaker attached. It's about 51.6 milliamps, around 450 milliwatts at 9V. Attached this thing to my neighbors car stereo. I'm currently thinking about powering this thing from the OBD port of his car. 

capture_2016-05-12_07-51-36.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of having it beep all the time.. some intelligence to have it beep at random intervals would be more frustrating xD

The Internet is invented by cats. Why? Why else would it have so much cat videos?

On 12.5.2016 at 9:57 AM, Lolucoca said:

Attached this thing to my neighbors car stereo.

How is it possible without breaking into his car?

@.spider. Basically, his car doesn't have any windows :D

@.spider. Basically, his car doesn't have any windows :D

Funny... illegal... but funny

I'd probably stop at leaving something in a bush not his car.

"Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." Richard Fynman