How to setup dual monitor in gtx 970??

how can I setup dual monitor on a gtx 970??

My monitor will be dell s2240l

they are 1920*1080 

what combination should I use for.dual monitor?? hdmi+ dp, hdmi+dvi-i or dvi-d or something..what should I do??

1 minute ago, Ashraf_Akon said:

how can I setup dual monitor on a gtx 970??

My monitor will be dell s2240l

they are 1920*1080 

what combination should I use for.dual monitor?? hdmi+ dp, hdmi+dvi-i or dvi-d or something..what should I do??

Plug them into the ports on the video card. Done.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

3 minutes ago, afyeung said:

is it that simple?? no rules I have to maintain?? like amd??

I think he's asking which two ports he should be using for the two monitors. Not sure that it matters but I would use hdmi+dp

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

Just now, Ashraf_Akon said:

no. same thing with amd you can do whatever you want 

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Ashraf_Akon said:

Bro chill. Same with AMD. Why would it be complicated? Only matters if you want to set up an eyefinity or Nvsurround which you probably don't since  you only have 2 monitors.  

Just plug shit in. :P It's the same for every video card that supports multiple displays ever.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

you.. just plug it in and it works.. it has been that easy since video cards had two outputs :P

you may have to configure which one is left and which one is right. if i had one complaint about nvidia drivers it would be that they magically ALWAYS get it backwards for me... (i've had cases where i literally swapped two identical monitors around on a desk to get it to detect correctly, technology at its best)

Bro chill. Same with AMD. Why would it be complicated? Only matters if you want to set up an eyefinity or Nvsurround which you probably don't since  you only have 2 monitors.  

I. will setup nvdia sorrouded.. with 2 monitors..

if you want a fat gaping bezel in the middle be my guest. Instructions remain the same for the most part except you also need to go into the drivers and set up surround, 

nvidia surround is for playing games on multiple monitors at once, not really practical with two monitors, i think you mean that you want to drag programs from one screen to the other?

1 minute ago, mikat said:

nvidia surround is for playing games on multiple monitors at once, not really practical with two monitors, i think you mean that you want to drag programs from one screen to the other?

you know, some people just like playing their games trough prison bars.

maxresdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

unless you play triple ultrawide monitors B|B|B|

ultra.jpg

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

18 minutes ago, manikyath said:

16 minutes ago, VeeTeePee said:

unless you play triple ultrawide monitors B|B|B|

4506048_sd.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWi  >  skarmar.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

how would one even mount that?

DM-OS63-900.jpg

the 6 screen setup?

with one of these

s-l1000.jpg

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

the 6 screen setup?

with one of these

s-l1000.jpg

i thought you meant a 6-screen setup with the big TV's, i dont even think anyone makes mounts that can hold two of those :P

Just now, manikyath said:

i thought you meant a 6-screen setup with the big TV's, i dont even think anyone makes mounts that can hold two of those :P

yeah no, just one tv xD

as big as a 6 screen monitor setup but with no bezels, and a nice curve instead of angled flat panels

some people have done triple tvs, but at that point you have to sit so far that it looks like a squat triple screen setup again

if someone wants something bigger than one tv they should probably just buy a 4k projector and curved white wall

Spoiler

• 2 years later...