Deep Color / HDR, Is it worth it? lets find out

El Diablo

ok i just installed alien isolation again on pc

who wants to see the difference between deep color / HDR and normal umm, normal color?

i have fucked about abit with it , and when i set the game to 4k i see loaads of color banding, so im feeling my fury x cant do 4k 12bit color because i got my screen plugged in via HDMI 1.4

so it dont have enough bandwidth

anyway

who wants to see the difference?

by the way you have to set your screen to atleast 10BIT in your nvidia / amd driver gameforceworks / crimson settings app too see a difference in the comparison shots im going to post

btw i only get this option if i have my tv plugged in via HDMI

if i use display port i dont get to choose what bpc i can see or use, and then my tv dosent show what its using either, but if i use hdmi my tv shows 12bit and it does here tooooooooo

anyway if you people wanna see the difference let me know

if not, i wont bother and u can wait for linus's video on this12bit.jpg

How exactly do you intend to 'show' the difference when most mainstream methods for distributing images on the internet and almost all the displays of the users who'd be viewing whatever you show are 8bpc?

If your monitor is not HDR ready, let alone capable of display 1.07 billion colors, you won't see anything, same for people here on this forum, not to mention that images from the popular standard format (jpeg, png), can only display 16.7 million colors (8-bit per channel)

Well thats where u guys come in

Im going to post piks

What extension shal I save them as?

Bmp?

Will be a good test to see if it works on non hdr screens....phones..ipads.. e.c.t

Ill hVe to do it later

Cant find my thread I made about gaming audio sampling rates

Eitherway..im never going back to lower sample rates..

Hoooooley shittt...

It was craaaazzzzyyyyy... I could hear somuch more crap

I literaly shit myself so bad in alien isolation. .. woww..didnt expect an improvement. .but I got a big one...waymore than hdr color depth