Custom GTX 1070's and 1080's

Zeinone

Hi LTT!

With all the hype about the two new nvidia gpu's coming late may/early june, I wonder how long will it take for aftermarket ones to start selling (Gigabyte ones, EVGA, MSI...)? How long did it take earlier with the 980, 980ti and other ones to start producing aftermarket ones after the release of the reference one ? 

BTW I'm not sure if anyone asked this here, I've seen a lot posts about the 1070 and 1080 but not this so sorry if I'm repeating a thread and thinks in advance ! 

normally a few weeks, then the best models can be months later.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

2 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

normally a few weeks, then the best models can be months later.

Gigabyte 970 G1 is still the best if not one of the best 970's and it was released at launch.

No one knows, they can only speculate. Also wait for everything to come out, including Polaris. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

28 minutes ago, Gix7Fifty said:

No one knows, they can only speculate. Also wait for everything to come out, including Polaris. 

I genuinely doubt Polaris will get even close to 2x performance of a Titan X and 3x the power efficiency like the 1080, and that's based on Jen Hsun, not speculation. Heck, the 1080 Ti will blow AMD into oblivion.

AMD does a good job of budget cards and I don't see why everyone is rooting for it to tread in markets that it has no chance of succeeding in.

8 minutes ago, _Shaho said:

I genuinely doubt Polaris will get even close to 2x performance of a Titan X and 3x the power efficiency like the 1080, and that's based on Jen Hsun, not speculation. Heck, the 1080 Ti will blow AMD into oblivion.

AMD does a good job of budget cards and I don't see why everyone is rooting for it to tread in markets that it has no chance of succeeding in.

7970 Ghz wrecked the 680. 290x wasn't as fast as 780 at launch but wrecks the 780Ti now. AMD does have a history of beating Nvidia at some points in the high end. 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

5 minutes ago, afyeung said:

7970 Ghz wrecked the 680. 290x wasn't as fast as 780 at launch but wrecks the 780Ti now. AMD does have a history of beating Nvidia at some points in the high end. 

Do you believe it's reasonably/remotely expectable for AMD to beat NVIDIA's 1080? Performance has become expectable from NVIDIA, value for AMD. They live up to their markets and consumers, that's how AMD has grown so much this year (despite a small loss in Q1).

51 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Gigabyte 970 G1 is still the best if not one of the best 970's and it was released at launch.

i know, i have 2, but they did not have ref 970 for the 900 series.

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

5 minutes ago, _Shaho said:

Do you believe it's reasonably/remotely expectable for AMD to beat NVIDIA's 1080? Performance has become expectable from NVIDIA, value for AMD. They live up to their markets and consumers, that's how AMD has grown so much this year (despite a small loss in Q1).

yes, they have used hbm already and they have a smaller node. 7.5% smaller. 

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

5 minutes ago, _Shaho said:

That's a super vague statement. Both companies have always dealt in both low end and high end. AMD currently has the most expensive and fastest card I might add (Radeon Pro Duo, still counts since it's a single card). 

24 minutes ago, _Shaho said:

The 1080 doesn't get twice the performance of the Titan X in benchmarks, not even 50% more.

Stop being a fucking shill and spreading misinformation.

So tired of all the retarded posts on these forums already, is everyone fucking 12? When do you ever listen to what the owner of AMD, Nvidia, Sony, Microsoft, etc says about their products performance? They always exaggerate and skew the graphs.

2 minutes ago, afyeung said:

That's a super vague statement. Both companies have always dealt in both low end and high end. AMD currently has the most expensive and fastest card I might add (Radeon Pro Duo, still counts since it's a single card). 

Hilarious when people quote cards like the Duo which come with factory watercooling. Compare it to watercooled NVIDIA cards and it's suddenly less impressive, so nobody does it.

GTX 1080 overclocks to 2.1GHz aircooled, and will do FAR better watercooled.

2 minutes ago, Hunched said:

The 1080 doesn't get twice the performance of the Titan X in benchmarks, not even 50% more.

So tired of all the retarded posts on these forums already, is everyone fucking 12? When do you ever listen to what the owner of AMD, Nvidia, Sony, Microsoft, etc says about their products performance? They always exaggerate and skew the graphs.

Pro Duo wasn't meant to compete with 1080. Just proving my point that AMD isn't only associated with budget like you suggested

4 minutes ago, Hunched said:

The difference is that I can quote someone and that someone cannot make statements without backed up evidence, whereas your statement is fully emotional and contains curses for added effect.

3 minutes ago, Hunched said:

To be fair. Very few people have to patience to actually read the context of the slide, which was specifically VR performance. In actual games it's around 20% faster than Titan X

30 minutes ago, _Shaho said:

Fact: 

Fan boy gets butthurt because I mention Polaris. What's next? You going to go out and buy a leather jacket like Jen Hsun? 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Just now, _Shaho said:

The difference is that I can quote someone and that someone cannot make statements without backed up evidence, whereas your statement is fully emotional and contains curses for added effect - emotional.

I have benchmarks.

You have the fucking CEO of Nvidia lol. I'm sure he's not biased.

Google search GTX 1080 benchmark from past week, you sheep.

Also, if you paid fucking attention, they only even said 2x the performance in VR. Even they said it doesn't do that well in normal gaming.

And benchmarks show it doesn't even do as well as they said it does in normal gaming, so when testing is done for VR I bet my nuts and all my money it won't do well there either.

Sorry I have no patience for idiots who are spending their first day on the internet and believing every word of the CEO's of AMD, Nvidia, Sony, Microsoft, etc about the performance of their products.

I mean, they only overstate their performance literally every single time they release a product, every one of them.

You have to be dumb and ignorant to ignore history, there's no other way to put it.

Stop lying to people. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Hunched said:

Chill bro. You already knew the truth

2 minutes ago, Hunched said:

I have benchmarks.

You have the fucking CEO of Nvidia lol. I'm sure he's not biased.

Google search GTX 1080 benchmark from past week, you sheep.

Also, if you paid fucking attention, they only even said 2x the performance in VR. Even they said it doesn't do that well in normal gaming.

And benchmarks show it doesn't even do as well as they said it does in normal gaming, so when testing is done for VR I bet my nuts and all my money it won't do well there either.

Sorry I have no patience for idiots who are spending their first day on the internet and believing every word of the CEO's of AMD, Nvidia, Sony, Microsoft, etc about the performance of their products.

I mean, they only overstate their performance literally every single time they release a product, every one of them.

You have to be dumb and ignorant to ignore history, there's no other way to put it.

Links to benchmarks?

4 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Are you really incapable of doing a Google search? Do you need to call your grandson? I said to Google it already.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=gtx+1080+benchmark&tbs=qdr:w

As you can probably tell, I have patience with people who have their knickers on back-to-front on a Saturday night.

We should wait for external benchmarks because there will obviously be some bias towards their own products.

3 minutes ago, _Shaho said:

You don't agree that those game charts show at least 50% increase in performance when you interpolate?

It also shows vs a 980, not a fucking Titan X like you were saying.

Once we get it tested in Witcher 3 by someone who isn't an Nvidia graph advertisement maker for customer and investor hype creation then we can see some real results.

We already have real 3DMark results, and they're significantly less exciting than everything Nvidia's promotional marketing performance graphs show.