Looking for a microphone

rufee

Hey guys,

I am in the market for a microphone, i need it as a normal mic for talking on skype and some light voice work, but the main reason i need one is to record ambient sound's and other fx for game levels.

Im not a big audio guy so im not sure what really am i looking for Condenser or Dynamic type of mic, something around 100$ would be great i know its not nearly as much for what i need, but im also not expecting perfect audio quality for what i spend.

The Snowball looks good, but from some examples i heard there are better sounding USB mic's.

Anyway maybe someone with a bit of audio experience can help me out here ?

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

The blue yeti is a bit better than the snowball, but is also a bit out of your budget. I would say go for the snowball, as it is always a safe bet. That being said, I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to microphones, so there is bound to be someone else on here who can give you better advice.

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

There's a thread today talking about the sale Staples Canada has ending in a day. On ebay they're selling their Blue Snowball for 45 bucks, 50 with tax if you're in Canada. It's definitely worth checking out. 

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Well im not a Canadian so shipping for it would be astronomical :)

Thanks for the input so far.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

You need mic with high sensitivity, definitly not snowball. You also dont want directional mic for ambient.

I suggest stereo mic for binaural recordings. 

Proffered budget? I have a Blue Yeti that I got for a great price, and for my personal uses (streaming, podcasts, videos) it works wonders. Great audio quality and USB imo is the way to go. 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves!