High Pressure or High Airflow?

Zhanlun Liang

What is the difference between the High Static Pressure Fans and High Airflow Fans? And which one should I choose?

Thanks ! ! !

Ya. My English isn't very good. I'm not really good in talking English but I'm learning...You making fun with my English, so WHAT??? You get what?? You can just correct the people and this is better than laugh at the people...

Static pressure is for radiators and heatsinks, while airflow is for moving air through the case.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

2 minutes ago, Goldensapling said:

Static pressure is for radiators and heatsinks, while airflow is for moving air through the case.

And moving air out of the case with airflow fans :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

If you want the best of both worlds and don't care about noise go with Delta fans :D

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Think of the volume of airflow moving through the case as a conveyor belt that carries away little packages of heat.  good volume of air movement means good heat transfer out of the case.  A low volume of air movement means much less heat removal, leading to higher temperatures.

"Airflow" and "pressure" are relative terms used to describe related fan characteristics.

Fans classified as "Airflow" are essentially fans that do not maintain good airflow in the presence of obstructions, this is reflected in their low static pressure ratings.  In order to maintain adequate airflow in the presence of obstructions you will want fans with higher static pressure rating.

So the question is not high pressure or high airflow.  that is a false dichotomy.  The question is how much pressure is needed to maintain adequate airflow.