Noctua Fans Question

Tweed

Are the Noctua NF-A14 and F12 Static Pressure fans? For the US are they available still for the LTT (LinusTechTips) edition?

A14 is airflow and F12 is static pressure.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

2 minutes ago, MegaDave91 said:

So not a good idea to have the A14 as radiator fans?

1 minute ago, Tweed said:

If aesthetics are priority then by all means use the A14. A static pressure fan will be more effective, though. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

they still have more static pressure than most "SP" fans out there tbh

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Tweed said:

Have the box right next to me, it says, "ideal for 140mm radiators"

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

1 minute ago, MegaDave91 said:

If aesthetics are priority then by all means use the A14. A static pressure fan will be more effective, though. 

Just now, Moonzy said:

they still have more static pressure than most "SP" fans out there tbh

I just want something that provides excellent airflow and quiet.

they have more than enough static pressure to perform great on radiators

they also have great airflow for no radiators

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I just want something that provides excellent airflow and quiet.

as case fan or for radiator?

Get the A the F are last gen.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

as case fan or for radiator?

well hopefully a14 on radiator pull config, f12 as rear exhaust and bottom of case as intake

well hopefully a14 on radiator pull config, f12 as rear exhaust and bottom of case as intake

the A14 will do fine on radiator

though you might wanna consider the NF-S12 for case fans (bottom intake and rear exhaust)

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

the A14 will do fine on radiator

though you might wanna consider the NF-S12 for case fans (bottom intake and rear exhaust)

there is a dust filter on the bottom and a hard drive cage right next to it if that affects anything. also dont think there is a ltt edition for the nf-s12 unfortunately 

there is a dust filter on the bottom and a hard drive cage right next to it if that affects anything. also dont think there is a ltt edition for the nf-s12 unfortunately 

i dont think LTT Edition fans are still in stock, or they are still available? o.O

the S12 is quieter than the F12, as well as move more air too, if there isnt any restriction

maybe Nf-F12 for the one with filter while S12 as exhaust?

but if you want black, Nf-F12 LTT edition is the way to go

On 5/2/2016 at 11:18 PM, MegaDave91 said:

On 5/2/2016 at 11:20 PM, Tweed said:

They're good for rads. The A series are well rounded fans. The F12 is for focused flow which includes having great static pressure. 

On 5/2/2016 at 11:26 PM, thekeemo said:

Get the A the F are last gen.

No, they're not last gen but instead a different series. 

On 5/2/2016 at 11:34 PM, Moonzy said:

i dont think LTT Edition fans are still in stock, or they are still available? o.O

the S12 is quieter than the F12, as well as move more air too, if there isnt any restriction

maybe Nf-F12 for the one with filter while S12 as exhaust?

S12A's have a bit of static pressure and are fine for dust filters. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

34 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

They're good for rads. The A series are well rounded fans. The F12 is for focused flow which includes having great static pressure. 

I thought they combined the two series into one series?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

45 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Just checked what I said is true for 140mm but not the 120mm

14 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Just checked what I said is true for 140mm but not the 120mm

There's no NF-F14. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 hours ago, Moonzy said:

The A14s are still in stock, description says "the NF-A14’s Focused Flow™ system creates outstanding static pressure"

Ugh... I wish Noctua fans aren't the colors that they are. I would choose these fans but the color doesn't go well with my glass case with tempered glass.

35 minutes ago, Tweed said:

Ugh... I wish Noctua fans aren't the colors that they are. I would choose these fans but the color doesn't go well with my glass case with tempered glass.

I know the feeling, i bought the LTT versions just so I could get the black fins and then bought http://www.performance-pcs.com/noctua-na-savp1-chromax-anti-vibration-pads-white.html to get the correct color for my build.  In the end it cost more than any fan should...but I got my color :)

4 minutes ago, Dennis Miller said:

I know the feeling, i bought the LTT versions just so I could get the black fins and then bought http://www.performance-pcs.com/noctua-na-savp1-chromax-anti-vibration-pads-white.html to get the correct color for my build.  In the end it cost more than any fan should...but I got my color :)

Have you seen checked out Phantek fans?

23 hours ago, MegaDave91 said:

No, Noctua does not separate between airflow and pressure in 120mm. The A14 is meant to be an allrounder and it works very well both on rads and as a case fan indeed.

You can still get the A14 LTT, but the F12 is sold out: http://www.performance-pcs.com/140mm-pwm/noctua-nf-a14-pwm-special-linus-tech-tips-edition-140mm-cooling-fan.html

Alternatively, just get the 24V industrialPPC models (they run nice and quiet at 12V) and use the chromax pads.

20 minutes ago, oriol said:

No, Noctua does not separate between airflow and pressure in 120mm. The A14 is meant to be an allrounder and it works very well both on rads and as a case fan indeed.

A14 is not 120mm. I never said either can't play the role of static pressure and airflow simultaneously.

I will say, though, that using NFF12s as case fans is odd.

11 hours ago, oriol said:

No, Noctua does not separate between airflow and pressure in 120mm. 

Their NF-P12 and NF-P14'S were originally advertised as pressure optimized fans and sold with their heatsinks while their NF-S12 was more oriented towards airflow and as case fans. By the time the NF-F12 came out with its focus flow and better static pressure, the P series had shifted to more of an all-rounder role.