Asus Anti-Surge Help

So i recently made a completely new build. It has run without any complaints at all untill roughly 3 days ago. Then suddenly my Pc starts shutting down, when it reboots i get a message saying "Asus Anti-Surge has been triggered to protect your components from an unstable power unit". This has really been bugging me, ive tried most of the things i could google but to no success.

My build is:

Asus X99-A

Intel Core i7 - 5820k

MSI Geforce GTX980 4GB

16 GB DDR4 Hyper X fury 2400mhz Ram

Corsair RM850X

What could cause this issue, and is it safe to disable in my bios settings?

Could it by any chance have something to do with my CPU being overclocked?

Is there any way you could try and different power supply? It might your power supply going bad.

is your pc plugged into a surge protector? its possible there is an actual surge.

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

19 minutes ago, Puggaard said:

So i recently made a completely new build. It has run without any complaints at all untill roughly 3 days ago. Then suddenly my Pc starts shutting down, when it reboots i get a message saying "Asus Anti-Surge has been triggered to protect your components from an unstable power unit". This has really been bugging me, ive tried most of the things i could google but to no success.

At least your BIOS spells "Anti-Surge" properly. I've got an old M4A785-M board that still insists "Surge" is spelled "Surgey" for some reason.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Its just odd to me that a power supply can go bad with nothing happening to it, we haven't even had a storm here in a very long time.

Could it by any chance have something to do with my CPU being overclocked?

I tried resetting my overclock in the bios, just by reloading the default settings. My PC has run stable since then. Could an overclock trigger the anti surge in my motherboard? and if this is the case would it be safe to disable the feature?

Do you have a surge protector?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

No, all i have is a extension cord plugged into the wall. Which then goes to the power table. But i can't see what a surge protector would help me with in this scenario

Just to make things clear, this power supply is not even a month old. It has worked fine untill roughly 3 days ago. I haven't touched it, nor have i opened my case ever since i finished my build on the 16 of april. I moved the PC once, thats all. We have not had any storms or power loss. And suddenly my power supply does this.

• 5 weeks later...
On 04/29/2016 at 1:26 AM, Puggaard said:

I tried resetting my overclock in the bios, just by reloading the default settings. My PC has run stable since then. Could an overclock trigger the anti surge in my motherboard? and if this is the case would it be safe to disable the feature?

Same problem here on a X99 deluxe.

Problem started with the latest BIOS

Resetting the overclock solves the surge error.

I have a Corsair AX860i and the problem started with latest bios.