Is a BenQ RL2460HT Worth it For $70?

Giraffackle

Hey guys, first time on this forum in like a year... So here's the deal. My friend has a BenQ RL2460HT monitor which is a pretty nice monitor, goes for around $200 new on Newegg. I currently have a 24" and a 22" and it'd be nice to have two 24" monitors. He is offering it to me for $70 and told me that the only problem with it is that there is a small scratch on the middle of the display from when he was opening the box with a knife. I included some pictures showing the scratch so you guys can give your opinion. I have two questions. Should I go for it at that price, and is the scratch repairable in any way? Thanks!

Btw for those of you wondering, he told me the cat comes with it for free!

13091772_1601878603461828_79995369_o.jpg

13128629_1601878680128487_781965266_o.jpg

13128698_1601878980128457_122726794_o.jpg

My name is Sebastian, I relate to Linus

i would definatly get it, the scratch would be hard to find some sort of fix for tho, you might have to replace something(not 100% sure on monitor construction) but i would just live with it, its an otherwise good monitor :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

for $70, if its a secondary monitor then maybe ill consider it

as a main monitor that i will be staring at often, it'll bother me so much so i wouldnt bother getting it `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i would definatly get it, the scratch would be hard to find some sort of fix for tho, you might have to replace something(not 100% sure on monitor construction) but i would just live with it, its an otherwise good monitor :) 

I know some people say you can repair a monitor scratch it isn't too deep with an eraser, but it seems to have mixed results.

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

for $70, if its a secondary monitor then maybe ill consider it

as a main monitor that i will be staring at often, it'll bother me so much so i wouldnt bother getting it `-`

I feel like I would use it as a monitor just for gaming since it has a 1ms response time, and productivity on my other monitor which is slightly more color accurate.

2 minutes ago, Stryder721 said:

To be fair unless your looking like super close, you can hardly notice the scratch, and for 70 bucks not to shabby

I have a monitor that has a small scratch on the bottom left, and it's true that you can't really notice it, but I feel like it's different when it's in the center of the display. He told me that you can't even see it when it's on.

My name is Sebastian, I relate to Linus