Why Technology?

teddy710

Not sure how this will go but wanna hear what everyone has to say about this. Can everyone tell me when/why they got into computers and all, who introduced them to it all, what keeps them interested, and what you wanna do later in life. 

Feel free to share! I'm always up to hear other people's stories! 

Thanks

My mom had a PS1 and let me play crash bandicoot at the age of 4. From there i was a console gamer until 2013 when i got my 650 Ti. Still a console gamer at heart :P.

I don't care what people say about "console peasants" i like consoles :D

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

When: Since I had a i5 760 and played minecraft (2013+)

Why: Because.. stuff and long story short i wanted to get more fps and.. yeah.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I know that LinusTechTips was the thing that got me into the PC hardware side of things. As for computing in general, I think programming was the thing that interested me at first, but over time my interests and focuses have shifted. 

I was originally planning on getting my degree in Forensic Pathology, but changed to Computing at the last minute. I'm literally months away from finishing, then I plan on starting as a network engineer, moving up to network analysis, design and maybe some form of management. I have very little interest in programming now. It's not great money unless you're very good and I find it fairly boring and tedious. Working in some database or data analysis position would be better IMO (very good money, but boring as hell).

i was interested in computer ever since i was a little kid, since my mom and dad works in the IT field `-`

had a computer since i was 4, started pc gaming since i was 8, started mmo gaming since 10, and still hooked in mmo till this day (21 years old)

as for getting interested in computer hardware, it was about 3 years ago when i found LTT :D

started to learn about different things about cpu performance and what not

then at the beginning of this year i joined LTT forums and now im even more familiar with tech :D though there are much more to be learnt

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

i was interested in computer ever since i was a little kid, since my mom and dad works in the IT field `-`

as for getting interested in computer hardware, it was about 3 years ago when i found LTT :D

started to learn about different things about cpu performance and what not

then at the beginning of this year i joined LTT forums and now im even more familiar with tech :D though there are much more to be learnt

I'm glad i joined these forums as you are here :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

My parents never bought me a console, the only thing i had was a gameboy advanced from a friend after he moved :(

I used to play battlefield 2 on my mom's old PC

this got me interested in building my PC in where I wanted more frames lol

27 minutes ago, teddy710 said:

Not sure how this will go but wanna hear what everyone has to say about this. Can everyone tell me when/why they got into computers and all, who introduced them to it all, what keeps them interested, and what you wanna do later in life. 

Feel free to share! I'm always up to hear other people's stories! 

Thanks

Moradin, the Dwarven God of Creation, came to me in a vision and gave me my destiny.

I became a computer nerd when I lost all my friends 

Also I started to watch LTT

Been using pc just for games since i was 6 (and lotsa console too), about a year or two ago it was time for me to build my own pc (all the ones i had were build by my brother that also influenced me a lot in liking computers)  and i realized when i was building it that i knew nohiing about pc's and started learning more and more, since then i can't go a day without learning something new :P 

16 years old as of now, 17 next month :D 

My sister killed the PC with a virus while watching anime. I had to get it running again before the parents ever got home. Did it, parents didn't suspect a thing, and my interest in PCs sparked from there.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…