New build only case bought so far

bdub109

Ok so only thing I have so far is a Corsair case, 240 air. Long story but it's what I have. So I have to use mini atx or micro itx. Maybe I have those reversed?!?! Anyways my budget isn't too strict but the less I spend the quicker I'll have it done. I have other electronics I can use until it's done. I have so many things going through my head at this point, amd or intel then which generation. Do I go ddr4 or not? Do I wait a few months to see what's new, I know new CPUs and gpus are not far out. Hard drive, powersupply and cooling I pretty much have my mind made up there. Just need some ideas. I'm really leaning towards a fx8350 and r9 380 because it seems like a great high end value. What do you think?

2 minutes ago, bdub109 said:

Ok so only thing I have so far is a Corsair case, 240 air. Long story but it's what I have. So I have to use mini atx or micro itx. Maybe I have those reversed?!?! Anyways my budget isn't too strict but the less I spend the quicker I'll have it done. I have other electronics I can use until it's done. I have so many things going through my head at this point, amd or intel then which generation. Do I go ddr4 or not? Do I wait a few months to see what's new, I know new CPUs and gpus are not far out. Hard drive, powersupply and cooling I pretty much have my mind made up there. Just need some ideas. I'm really leaning towards a fx8350 and r9 380 because it seems like a great high end value. What do you think?

Intel chips still have better IPC and that will help in a lot of single-threaded workloads, meaning you'll often get better performance in many applications and games.

What's your budget and what are you particularly wanting to do with the machine?

Sig under construction.

I'm located in the US. I will be using it for mainly mid to high end gaming. If I can do 4K and its vr capable then that's a plus but not a must at this point.

2 minutes ago, bdub109 said:

Not the 8350. 

And yes, you got them the wrong way round.

It's micro-atx or mini-itx.

Sig under construction.

Just now, bdub109 said:

I'm located in the US. I will be using it for mainly mid to high end gaming. If I can do 4K and its vr capable then that's a plus but not a must at this point.

Total budget?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, bdub109 said:

You can use mATX and Mini ITX boards. Go intel most here would say. I would that to because the "LATEST" AMD cpu's are 3yrs+ old. i6 and r9 380<--- seems good

6 minutes ago, bdub109 said:

Didnt mention a budget, so here is one for $1000:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mLgHvK
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mLgHvK/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($233.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($54.00 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($304.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair Air 240 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Silverstone 600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($116.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1047.81
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-26 22:33 EDT-0400

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, Stardar1 said:

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($54.00 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.88 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.99 @ Micro Center) 
Power Supply: Silverstone 600W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($116.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

H60? Ehh.

I'd much rather go with a 212 Evo or something and spend more on something else.

Also, you should mark the case as already bought, as the OP seems to suggest.

Sig under construction.

4 minutes ago, bdub109 said:

to do 4K, you'll need a rig around $2000, for the horsepower to push decent fps at decent setting at 4K res in decent games

whats your budget?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Tedster said:

H60? Ehh.

I'd much rather go with a 212 Evo or something and spend more on something else.

Also, you should mark the case as already bought, as the OP seems to suggest.

Yeah, too lazy really, but it is roughly $1,000 without that anyways. 

Solitaire. 

If like to get a motherb cpu gpu combo for around 500-600$  Plus whatever corsair psu ram and cooler I'll need to fit those. Which I guess will be another 250-300.

Just now, bdub109 said:

If like to get a motherb cpu gpu combo for around 500-600$  Plus whatever corsair psu ram and cooler I'll need to fit those. Which I guess will be another 250-300.

Why specifically a Corsair power supply?

Sig under construction.

Just now, Tedster said:

Why specifically a Corsair power supply?

*PleasenotCXPleasenotCX*

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

*PleasenotCXPleasenotCX*

*prays to the PSU gods*

Sig under construction.

4 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Hold Up, H110M with the i5 6600k? No... Just no.

I'd say 1000$ to get everything up and going would be good. I can add ssds and a second card later if needed.

Just to make my mind up easier I said corsair so then I had less to think about haha. I'm open to anything. 

Just now, bdub109 said:

Just to make my mind up easier I said corsair so then I had less to think about haha. I'm open to anything. 

But that's like saying "I'm gonna buy a car! I'm only going to look at what Lotus is making, but I might want an SUV!"

Sig under construction.

I already have a suv what I don't have is a decent gaming rig. Lol I totally see what your saying. I'm also the type to try to make things match although I know that's not how to get best performance and value. 

I already have a suv what I don't have is a decent gaming rig. Lol I totally see what your saying. I'm also the type to try to make things match although I know that's not how to get best performance and value. 

I'm not sure you understood my analogy, but I'll trust your claimed acknowledgement.

Sig under construction.

40 minutes ago, Tedster said:

Intel chips still have better IPC and that will help in a lot of single-threaded workloads, meaning you'll often get better performance in many applications and games.

What's your budget and what are you particularly wanting to do with the machine?

games has been using 4 cors since 2006. The whole "single threaded workload" bullshit is so removed from reality it isnt even funny. Only browsers, microsoft office and similar office programs are heavily single threaded, and still, they CAN use multiple threads if need arises.

Unless OP goes with a skylake setup, FX is more value for money then broadwell, haswell, ivy bridge and sandy bridge. That is just how it is.

@bdub109

If you want to cheap out -> FX 6350

If you want something that will last, i5 6600k + Z170 board

if you want to make SURE you are ready for anything -> i7 4790k + Z97 board + Noctua NH-D15

What amd board would you go with for the case I have?

8 hours ago, Prysin said:

games has been using 4 cors since 2006. The whole "single threaded workload" bullshit is so removed from reality it isnt even funny. Only browsers, microsoft office and similar office programs are heavily single threaded, and still, they CAN use multiple threads if need arises.

Unless OP goes with a skylake setup, FX is more value for money then broadwell, haswell, ivy bridge and sandy bridge. That is just how it is.

@bdub109

If you want to cheap out -> FX 6350

If you want something that will last, i5 6600k + Z170 board

if you want to make SURE you are ready for anything -> i7 4790k + Z97 board + Noctua NH-D15

Are those motherbords capadable with my case?