Is it worth fixing my laptop

A few years ago I got a hp dv6 laptop with a core 1.7(wasn't Knowledgeable back then didn't care then) and in 6months I fried the motherboard because I Kept it on my bed 24/7. Now that I have learned a lot about computers and built multiple rigs I was wondering is it worth it to fix it if the mother board dirt cheap. The link is the model I have      

Laptop Model

Most laptops have custom motherboards which cost around the price of the laptop to get replaced. Just buy a new laptop or desktop.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

I am going to go with no unless you have some sentimental attachments to it its not worth getting it fixed 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Yeah stuff like that retails for 100$ish used, replacing the mobo would be absurdly expensive (even cheap plastic replacement for laptops are often so expensive that youd think theyre made out of gold, mobos are way worse).

If you want earn a few bucks off ebay (and have some fun taking apart the laptop) you can sell the parts on ebay.

HDD, screen, cpu and ram usually go for 20-40$ each.

Is say it depends.  The motherboard to fix my mom's laptop was like... $40 if I remember correctly.  But that was cause Asus was kind enough to allow upgradeable CPUs on that family of laptops.

Id say check to see how much a MOBO runs first.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.