Meet the witch who uses magic to cast malware out of the system

" Then I performed a banishing ceremony. I used a black bowl with a magnet and water to draw [the virus] out. "

I think she just tries to wipe the HDD with a magnet.... I wonder what happens when a customer with SSD storage comes in.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

44 minutes ago, manikyath said:

and from my experience the 2016 isnt by far the resource hog it used to be anymore. i'm actually considering doing before/after norton benchmarks again, since my old "30% slower" results are from 2013 with equally dated hardware.

its also a breeze to both install and uninstall, providing an overall pretty pleasing experience.

I'm currently using Norton Security 2016 on my main gaming rig, and I can confirm that this product use less than <60MB of RAM. Norton(Symantec) signatures is alright, but is no wear near BitDefender, Kaspersky, or ESET. But what make Norton Security strong is its zero day protection aka Norton SONAR. 

19 minutes ago, Boobies Sprinkle said:

I'm currently using Norton Security 2016 on my main gaming rig, and I can confirm that this product use less than <60MB of RAM. Norton(Symantec) signatures is alright, but is no wear near BitDefender, Kaspersky, or ESET. But what make Norton Security strong is its zero day protection aka Norton SONAR. 

its never actually been the norton process itself, back with my testing it was just whatever it was doing with other processes that made those tank down.

Only in California.....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

" MOTHERBOARD: What was one of your first experience using witchcraft to solve a tech issue?  "

Again, I just go in and work the energy. And there are different stones that work really well on computers, fluoride is one of them. "

" Sometimes I do a magic spell or tape a magic charm onto the computer somewhere. Sometimes I have a potion for the worker to spray on the chair before they sit down to work. Jet is a stone I use a lot to protect computers. "

First, I cast a circle and called in earth, air, fire and water, and then I called in Mercury, the messenger and communicator. "

Then I performed a banishing ceremony. I used a black bowl with a magnet and water to draw [the virus] out. Then I saged the whole computer to chase the negativity back into the bowl, and then I flushed that down the toilet. After this I did a purification ceremony. Then I made a protection spell out of chloride, amethyst, and jet. I left these on the computer at the base where she works. "

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

When I had finished hearing what she had to say...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

But does she actually get the viruses off or not? I feel like it's some elaborate prank, like she'll do all these rituals, then ask the customer to leave the room so she can meditate on it or something and then she runs Malwarebytes... Or maybe she's just bullshitting, who knows?

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

I say grats to her if she's making money out of idiots.

Linus is my fetish.

Let's see more people react to this piece of (very fake) news.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux