H100i v2 + i7 6700k temps ?

6 minutes ago, Psybronik said:

i was going for an asus z170 maximus ranger but then at the final moment i changed it to gigabyte z170x gaming 5.... and now i feel like i shouldn't have done that

That Gigabyte board is still a very good board. My Gaming 7 was awesome, but I just wanted something different. 

|| i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz || Asus Z370-i || HyperX Fury 32GB @ 2400MHz || Nvidia Titan Xp || 500GB Samsung 950 Pro || Deepcool Captain 240 RGB white || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Glass || InWin Aurora fan kit || Corsair RM750x white || Ensourced Customs sleeved extensions || Tesoro Gram Spectrum white || Logitech G603 || 

6 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Also check ur voltage in ur bios and make sure it's not set to something stupid like 1.4

Have you seen what most people are running voltage wise on the 6700k? It seems like this chip is requiring quite a bit more voltage than Haswell did. 

|| i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz || Asus Z370-i || HyperX Fury 32GB @ 2400MHz || Nvidia Titan Xp || 500GB Samsung 950 Pro || Deepcool Captain 240 RGB white || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Glass || InWin Aurora fan kit || Corsair RM750x white || Ensourced Customs sleeved extensions || Tesoro Gram Spectrum white || Logitech G603 || 

1 minute ago, jonathan13 said:

Have you seen what most people are running voltage wise on the 6700k? It seems like this chip is requiring quite a bit more voltage than Haswell did. 

Yes I have but 1.45 is the limit so it's not crazy higher

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Just now, jjohnthedon1 said:

Yes I have but 1.45 is the limit so it's not crazy higher

Not arguing with you, as I probably wouldn't run 1.4 as daily without buying the Intel Tuning Plan, but I feel like 1.4 also isn't something super ridiculous. 

Alright i will check in my bios today as soon as i go home

Just now, jonathan13 said:

Not arguing with you, as I probably wouldn't run 1.4 as daily without buying the Intel Tuning Plan, but I feel like 1.4 also isn't something super ridiculous. 

1.4 is fine for a oc but if ur not overclocked 1.4 is rediculas 

u can run at like 1.15 if u don't oc 

and it would also explain the high temps

also (1600) 

Also, if you have time when you get home, download Hardware Monitor and Cinebench. Run Cinebench and check what Hardware Monitor is showing your voltage to be during the test.

1 minute ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Agree 100%

1 minute ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

yes i know i just hope its below 1.4

1 minute ago, jonathan13 said:

Also, if you have time when you get home, download Hardware Monitor and Cinebench. Run Cinebench and check what Hardware Monitor is showing your voltage to be during the test.

sure thing bro i will do it and will let you know

Even if it is running at high 1.3 or even 1.4 without overclock, you could likely pull some voltage out of it and still be stable at stock speed. No need to start worrying. :)

3 minutes ago, Psybronik said:

yes i know i just hope its below 1.4

sure thing bro i will do it and will let you know

U should hope it is 1.4 so u can turn it down ;p 

also (1600) 

also my radiator fans makes my case vibrate and makes all sort of noises :( its irritating sometimes ...

2 minutes ago, Psybronik said:

also my radiator fans makes my case vibrate and makes all sort of noises :( its irritating sometimes ...

Check into seeing if you can get some rubber insulators for the fans. If the fans are tremendously unbalanced, it might be worthwhile to replace them with something else if the vibrating is that noticeable and bothering you that much.

3 hours ago, Psybronik said:

to be honest its fairly loud ;(  i have a very quite GPU and a case which is optimized for silent operation that is H440.

i was worried about the performance so i asked you guys. when i turn my air condition onn and set the temp to 24 deg Celsius , it still hovers around 55 to 60.

Still heard with the h440?

Ayyy

I have that case and it has some serious noise-killing stuff.

Swiftech it is for me then.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

3 hours ago, Crossbred said:

Ayyy

I believe my noise is down to no PWM control for my push fans, and it sounds like his may be due to unbalanced fan(s). I have to say that if Swiftech was just a little cheaper, that would have been what I went for, but this Lepa has performed beautifully. 

14 hours ago, Crossbred said:

Ayyy

11 hours ago, jonathan13 said:

I believe my noise is down to no PWM control for my push fans, and it sounds like his may be due to unbalanced fan(s). I have to say that if Swiftech was just a little cheaper, that would have been what I went for, but this Lepa has performed beautifully. 

unballanced fan ? :o  how can i fix it.... the cooler makes my case vibrate a lil which adds more noise 

16 hours ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

U should hope it is 1.4 so u can turn it down ;p 

yeah same here.. corasir h100i v2 performs good but its very loud .... i also would have gone for swiftech if it would have been a lil cheaper..

anyways ,

i checked my vcore it ws 1.2v when turbo boost was on and the temps were touching 62

and when i turn off the turbo boost it was 1.15v. and the temps were under 60.

couldn't get time to run cinebench though ... as i reached home fairly late.

I would be satisfied with those results, and it is very close to the results I have seen out of my rig. Maybe someone else can chime in with results from a similar setup.