So i have finally build my rig,
These are my specs
i7 6700k
h100i v2
gigabyte z170x gaming 5 mobo
zotac gtx 970 amp ext core
NZXT H440 case
Gskill ripjaws v @3000mhz 2*8gb

While gaming my cpu temps hover around 50-60 degree Celsius.
My ambient temps hover around 27 to 30 deg.

i have set my link fan profile to default.

are these temps good ? for some reason i feel that its a bit on the higher side.

can anybody tell me how can i keep the temps low ? best fan curve on link with moderate noise ?

50-60 is not bad at all. If you can handle the noise level and want to crank the fans a bit to get lower temps, then you can definitely do that. I like to keep my system as quiet as possible. 

|| i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz || Asus Z370-i || HyperX Fury 32GB @ 2400MHz || Nvidia Titan Xp || 500GB Samsung 950 Pro || Deepcool Captain 240 RGB white || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Glass || InWin Aurora fan kit || Corsair RM750x white || Ensourced Customs sleeved extensions || Tesoro Gram Spectrum white || Logitech G603 || 

4 minutes ago, jonathan13 said:

50-60 is not bad at all. If you can handle the noise level and want to crank the fans a bit to get lower temps, then you can definitely do that. I like to keep my system as quiet as possible. 

3 minutes ago, NVIDIAIIAIAIAII said:

there fine. what vcore are you getting under load?

i was getting worried i thought there is something wrong with my cooler.

i haven't check my vcore , i will once ill reach home.

the temps sometimes goes till 62 to 64 but that's after 2 hours of gaming intensive gaming .

Just out of curiosity, how do you like the Corsair H100i v2? 

|| i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz || Asus Z370-i || HyperX Fury 32GB @ 2400MHz || Nvidia Titan Xp || 500GB Samsung 950 Pro || Deepcool Captain 240 RGB white || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Glass || InWin Aurora fan kit || Corsair RM750x white || Ensourced Customs sleeved extensions || Tesoro Gram Spectrum white || Logitech G603 || 

1 minute ago, jonathan13 said:

Just out of curiosity, how do you like the Corsair H100i v2? 

to be honest its fairly loud ;(  i have a very quite GPU and a case which is optimized for silent operation that is H440.

i was worried about the performance so i asked you guys. when i turn my air condition onn and set the temp to 24 deg Celsius , it still hovers around 55 to 60.

I am running the same H440 case with an overclocked 6700k. I bought a Lepa Aquachanger 240 on the recommendation of some people on PCPartPicker, and it is a solid little all-in-one. It was incredibly quiet when I had the radiator top mounted, but when I changed it to front mounted in the H440, it got considerably louder. Not sure why. Is your radiator top or front mounted in your H440?

5 minutes ago, jonathan13 said:

I am running the same H440 case with an overclocked 6700k. I bought a Lepa Aquachanger 240 on the recommendation of some people on PCPartPicker, and it is a solid little all-in-one. It was incredibly quiet when I had the radiator top mounted, but when I changed it to front mounted in the H440, it got considerably louder. Not sure why. Is your radiator top or front mounted in your H440?

it is top mounted , i have my fan settings as default in corsair link software still it makes quite a bit of noise sometimes i hear the noise of my case vibrating.

it may be louder due to the lack of air vents on the front of the case... that's what i think

I moved it to the front so I could do push-pull with fans on both sides. I think it is probably a combination of what you said about lack of air venting and the fact that the H440 fan hub isn't playing nice with my PWM header. I just ordered some god awful ugly Noctua PWM fans, so hopefully that will do the trick.

20 minutes ago, jonathan13 said:

I moved it to the front so I could do push-pull with fans on both sides. I think it is probably a combination of what you said about lack of air venting and the fact that the H440 fan hub isn't playing nice with my PWM header. I just ordered some god awful ugly Noctua PWM fans, so hopefully that will do the trick.

it will ... the NF-f12 by noctua are amazing , i have read soo much positive things about it.

I think I am going to have to paint them when they arrive. Noctua's color scheme is terrible. Their fans must only be meant for systems that don't have a side window. 

I think I am going to have to paint them when they arrive. Noctua's color scheme is terrible. Their fans must only be meant for systems that don't have a side window. 

hahahha i couldn't agree with you more ... but if you are doing a front radiator mount it should not matter as it will be hidden.

however since you are doing a front radiator mount where have you kept your HDD ?

I am running only one SSD at the moment which I have mounted on top of the PSU chamber. I have an NZXT Hue+ mounted next to it in the second slot, which looks pretty sweet to me. Eventually my plan is to run dual PCIe m.2 cards in raid0 since my motherboard supports it. Should be stupid fast.

3 minutes ago, jonathan13 said:

I am running only one SSD at the moment which I have mounted on top of the PSU chamber. I have an NZXT Hue+ mounted next to it in the second slot, which looks pretty sweet to me. Eventually my plan is to run dual PCIe m.2 cards in raid0 since my motherboard supports it. Should be stupid fast.

dayumm bro that would be crazy fast and expensive... amazing.... would love to see your rig

Give me a second and I will post up a picture really quick. It isn't anything amazing, but obviously I am proud of it. :)

1 hour ago, Psybronik said:

Hello Guys,

So i have finally build my rig,
These are my specs
i7 6700k
h100i v2
gigabyte z170x gaming 5 mobo
zotac gtx 970 amp ext core
NZXT H440 case
Gskill ripjaws v @3000mhz 2*8gb

While gaming my cpu temps hover around 50-60 degree Celsius.
My ambient temps hover around 27 to 30 deg.

i have set my link fan profile to default.

are these temps good ? for some reason i feel that its a bit on the higher side.

can anybody tell me how can i keep the temps low ? best fan curve on link with moderate noise ?

Do u have ur CPU oc'ed because if not that's high Ul want to re apply thermal paste 

I have the same temps (50's) at 4,7ghz

and there not a lot between our coolers 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

3 minutes ago, jjohnthedon1 said:

Do u have ur CPU oc'ed because if not that's high Ul want to re apply thermal paste 

I have the same temps (50's) at 4,7ghz

and there not a lot between our coolers 

no it is not oc'd... i have not applied any thermal paste as it came already with the cooler :o

which cooler you have ? 50 looks great

It might be worthwhile to ditch the thermal paste that came pre-applied on your cooler, and use something like Artic Silver 5. That is what I use on mine, and it has been proven to be better than most of the stuff that comes pre-applied on many different coolers. Again, in the 50's is not a bad temperature, and if your particular 6700k uses a little bit more Vcore, that would easily explain why your temperatures are where they are.

Here are a couple of crappy shots of my rig. My new video card should be here Wednesday!! Do you have any photos of yours?

IMG_20160416_002907.jpg

IMG_20160416_014951.jpg

Here are a couple of crappy shots of my rig. My new video card should be here Wednesday!! Do you have any photos of yours?

IMG_20160416_002907.jpg

IMG_20160416_014951.jpg

looks beastly bro but why White mobo with red color theme  ??

It is actually silver, but very hard to tell in the pictures. My goal initially was a white, and red theme. I had the Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 initially, but returned it for this MSI Z170 X-Power Titanium because I liked how it looked and I liked the gimmicky overclocking daughterboard. Doesn't actually help with anything but looks really cool! lol 

Also, it just happened to be red in the picture I uploaded. A lot of the time, I have the Hue+ set to white.

11 minutes ago, Psybronik said:

no it is not oc'd... i have not applied any thermal paste as it came already with the cooler :o

H110 which performs the same as urs but quieter,

is ur cooler screwed down tight ? 

With no of my CPU tops out at 37 under full load in stress testing 

also (1600) 

It is actually silver, but very hard to tell in the pictures. My goal initially was a white, and red theme. I had the Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 7 initially, but returned it for this MSI Z170 X-Power Titanium because I liked how it looked and I liked the gimmicky overclocking daughterboard. Doesn't actually help with anything but looks really cool! lol 

i was going for an asus z170 maximus ranger but then at the final moment i changed it to gigabyte z170x gaming 5.... and now i feel like i shouldn't have done that

13 minutes ago, Psybronik said:

Also check ur voltage in ur bios and make sure it's not set to something stupid like 1.4

also (1600) 

10 minutes ago, Psybronik said:

It's prolly not the thermal paste, the one that comes with Corsair coolers is top quality, however since it's preapplied there's a chance it may dry out sooner. Don't go with Arctic Silver 5, just get MX-2, PK-1, PK-2, Zalman STG2, anything from Thermal Grizzly (Kryonaut, Hydronaut, aeronaut), Noctua NT-H1, IC diamond, whatever is available and cheaper, the difference is minimal. However, I don't think the TIM is likely to be the problem, but it's always good to have some anyway.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10