H440 vs 400C

patriotaki
13 minutes ago, Bluetac said:

I would have to say it has been great apart from my issue with the front case fans , but that would not affect you as you are not going watercooling

IMG_20160420_181445.jpg

the white line in the picture is the top on view of the card mentioned above

can i fit the 412s cpu cooler in a push/pull configuration? and also have an exhaust fan on the back?

I would have thought so if it fits with your old case i cant see why not, it is the depth to the motherboard (ie height of the cooler) I would be more concerned about , I can measure the depth later when i get up , just back from a night shift so its my bedtime now.

Family is Everything ....But a fast pc with an SSD is NIce

5 hours ago, patriotaki said:

just ordered the 400c ..

Enjoy :) i am sure you will like it

On 4/21/2016 at 10:23 PM, Bluetac said:

Enjoy :) i am sure you will like it

check out my build :D

waiting for my RED led strips now :D gonna look awesome,

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

looking good :)

On 5/4/2016 at 0:32 PM, Bluetac said:

looking good :)

yea :D although i sold my pcs+ 390 waiting for polaris/pascal ..

anw 

is there any possibillity to install 2x 120mm fans in front  + a 140mm fan one?

On 09/05/2016 at 0:50 PM, patriotaki said:

yea :D although i sold my pcs+ 390 waiting for polaris/pascal ..

anw 

is there any possibillity to install 2x 120mm fans in front  + a 140mm fan one?

I will be honest and say that i dont know, i know that the fans screw into slotted holes so they might fit. I wouldn't go out and buy any just in case, however if you have spare ones to hand to could always give it a go

1 hour ago, Bluetac said:

I will be honest and say that i dont know, i know that the fans screw into slotted holes so they might fit. I wouldn't go out and buy any just in case, however if you have spare ones to hand to could always give it a go

the case is awesome btw! the only downside for me is that the cables in the back sidepanel struggle to fit, the sidepanel doesnt close smoothly

12 hours ago, patriotaki said:

the case is awesome btw! the only downside for me is that the cables in the back sidepanel struggle to fit, the sidepanel doesnt close smoothly

I must have spent hours on the wiring but i did have the added bonus of not needing the ssd cage installed so i had more room and almost direct runs.

2 hours ago, Bluetac said:

I must have spent hours on the wiring but i did have the added bonus of not needing the ssd cage installed so i had more room and almost direct runs.

btw bluetac how do you deal with the dust on the window panel? there are few spots that i clean them with a microfibre clothing and still dont go away? should i use ajax , windex or  something?

On 17 avril 2016 at 0:08 AM, Curufinwe_wins said:

Yea H440 without modding is very restrictive to airflow.

Get the 400C.

(If not for that psu situation I would have told you go Define S.)

what PSU situation ? ( i am about to get one ) 

Just now, jwakeford said:

i got the XFX TS 750w non modular.. 

the problem is back sidepanel struggles to close and i think i have done a decent cable management..if it was just 2mm bigger it would be awesome

in my case i have to push it hold it  in one place and then tighten the screws,

5 hours ago, jwakeford said:

No psu cover, which with your really ugly psu wires is kinda nice, although you can just tie them infront of the psu.

I personally think the Define S is just the best midtower on the market at any price.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

On 12/05/2016 at 9:42 AM, patriotaki said:

btw bluetac how do you deal with the dust on the window panel? there are few spots that i clean them with a microfibre clothing and still dont go away? should i use ajax , windex or  something?

windex for sure never go the ajax route as it is abrasive, also you shouldn't be getting a dust buildup after this short a time ,It sounds like you have an imbalance of air pressure, ensure you have positive pressure by having more airflow into your case as apposed to less, if you have more then you will be forcing the air that your exhaust fans cant cope with out of gaps in the case. If the other way around you will be drawing unfiltered (dusty) air in through said gaps.

In short add more case fans to the front of the case :)

On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Bluetac said:

windex for sure never go the ajax route as it is abrasive, also you shouldn't be getting a dust buildup after this short a time ,It sounds like you have an imbalance of air pressure, ensure you have positive pressure by having more airflow into your case as apposed to less, if you have more then you will be forcing the air that your exhaust fans cant cope with out of gaps in the case. If the other way around you will be drawing unfiltered (dusty) air in through said gaps.

In short add more case fans to the front of the case :)

I have 2 fans in front but I'll replace the one to a better one should I use airflow or static pressure fan? The one that's facing in the CPU cooler

Also I bought this to clean the window

They told me that's all surface cleaner toxic-free,alcohol-free it's a biological product that you can even pure it in the sea lol 

Hope this doesn't damage my window

20160516_124218.jpg

The cleaning solution you have looks fine to me but i am no expert, I tend to use windolene or glasses cleaner my self.

For the fans i would go with 3 sp120's (static pressure) as intakes and just the single rear exhaust . There is gaps in the rear and around the door so it will force the excess air that the rear fan can't cope with out through there . This will drastically reduce any dust build up you may be seeing .

Others may have a different approach / ideas

2 hours ago, Bluetac said:

The cleaning solution you have looks fine to me but i am no expert, I tend to use windolene or glasses cleaner my self.

For the fans i would go with 3 sp120's (static pressure) as intakes and just the single rear exhaust . There is gaps in the rear and around the door so it will force the excess air that the rear fan can't cope with out through there . This will drastically reduce any dust build up you may be seeing .

Others may have a different approach / ideas

since my PSU died, im probably gonna get the corsair rm 650x  which is fully modular, with my old psu i hadnt any room for a 3rd fan on front becuase all the cables were taking up the place :P hopefully now things will be better.. 

as for the cleanning solution idk.. i dont think im satisfied although it does repel dust thats for sure !

thank you bluetac for your help :)