Hyper 212 EVO heatsink modification :D

Hey guys, i was fed up of my 80 degree temps on my CPU under load today, so i got my intel stock coolers fan and ghetto mounted it onto my heatsink. I am now getting 65 degrees to 70 degrees on the CPU :D.

Take a look \/

https://gyazo.com/cd36d92d5d7f7b26e6f02760adff6cfe

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

Lol, nice but you can really do this with any fan as long as you find a way to get it to stay there. 

Just now, DaltonM said:

Lol, nice but you can really do this with any fan as long as you find a way to get it to stay there. 

Yea but its the intel stock heatsink fan man. That's as ghetto as it gets xD.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

Just now, UnlimitedTMD said:

is 10 C less worth the sound of an F16 taking of?

LMAO, im literally dieing xD. It actually quieter than you'd think :P.

Just now, ProKeero said:

LMAO, im literally dieing xD. It actually quieter than you'd think :P.

hhmmm, might consider it for my 212 lel. I knew I could use that cooler one day :P

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Just now, UnlimitedTMD said:

hhmmm, might consider it for my 212 lel. I knew I could use that cooler one day :P

Lol i might just put another fan on it while i'm at it xD.

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

18 minutes ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

same lol, i've got 3 intel stock coolers laying around, for the i7-4790k (my cpu), i5-4590 and i5-6500 :)

did intel improve the fan with skylake or should i just use the older fans ?

nice, mine runs super cool as is but this summer if my ac doesn't take care of it I will try this.

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

13 hours ago, online_olympian said:

nice, mine runs super cool as is but this summer if my ac doesn't take care of it I will try this.

In Scotland we pay for heating, and literally no one sells AC's over here. It gets to like 30 degrees celcius in my room sometimes xD. (which is 87 for the Americans)

Who needs a vacation when you have a computer? xD.

15 hours ago, mikat said:

same lol, i've got 3 intel stock coolers laying around, for the i7-4790k (my cpu), i5-4590 and i5-6500 :)

did intel improve the fan with skylake or should i just use the older fans ?

Skylake CPU's dont come with a fan.

1 hour ago, Mmkay said:

Skylake CPU's dont come with a fan.

Only the K models don't come with heatsinks and fans.. the non-k models come with heatsink and fans.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

I hate summer in the UK, just doesn't feel right when it's not raining all the time :D

Seriously though, I need to get myself an A/C, been debating it for years but they are damn expensive... especially feels expensive when you could instead put that money towards more computer parts :)

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

5 hours ago, mikat said:

you are mistaken, the non-k SKUs do come with a fan :)

Oh really? my bad. 

Looking at your photo part of your issue might be due to overall airflow within the chassis.  Are the front intake fans at the bottom?  If so then most of the cool air they are bringing in is either going out the PSU or being heated up by the GPU.  Which means that the air immediately in front of the EVO is probably pretty warm to begin with.

You wont get a good delta that way.

If at all possible try to direct more of the intake directly towards the EVO.

(I also assuming that the EVO was in push configuration prior to your mod, because if it wasn't then that was your major issue.)

On 4/16/2016 at 4:13 AM, ProKeero said:

In Scotland we pay for heating, and literally no one sells AC's over here. It gets to like 30 degrees celcius in my room sometimes xD. (which is 87 for the Americans)

Who needs a vacation when you have a computer? xD.

87! dreams.... haha im looking at 100+ for at least a month every day. AC is very necessary.

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

22 hours ago, online_olympian said:

87! dreams.... haha im looking at 100+ for at least a month every day. AC is very necessary.

Holy crap.. lol

48 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Holy crap.. lol

my buddy has that same chip and has only been able to get 3.8 out of it. You are getting that good of an oc with the evo? That is impressive. I will recommend he get one.