Apple leaks massive renaming! Apple renaming Mac OS X to ......... MacOS?

AlTech

I think they already have MacOS (nonX) 

My old Powerbook G4 has a compatibility mode for Mac OS 9

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

Wouldn't it be Mac OS XI? OSX means that its their 10th OS (with the animal denoting the version).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

This isn't news.......

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

6 hours ago, FirstArmada said:

Why do people feel the need to comment one word to agree with another post there is an "Agree" button for a reason

agree

8 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

It was the tenth version of Mac OS.

It is also now the Twelfth version of the Tenth version of their OS.
So OSX.XI, OS10.11; maybe OSXXI? or OS21?

I think they need to change the name.
As much as OSX drives me batty. The OS has come a long way since the mess that was OSX(10.0)
About time they dropped their commitment to the X.

Come to think about it. The Roman Numeral fraction system uses base 12 as their standardised unit of measurement. 
So perhaps since they're version number is up to 10.11 the next revision is justified by moving away from OS X. Perhaps this was their plan all along.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

tvOS<- Best name ever.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

On 4/15/2016 at 11:51 AM, deviant88 said:

Can you imagine the MASSIVE FUCKS I DONT GIVE about an apple product naming?

You clearly cared enough to enter a topic titled, " Apple leaks massive renaming! Apple renaming Mac OS X to ......... MacOS? "

If you truly didn't care you'd have ignored the topic. 

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:39 AM, Dabombinable said:

Wouldn't it be Mac OS XI? OSX means that its their 10th OS (with the animal denoting the version).

Hold up! THis is an animal?

Wallpaper-OS-X-El-Capitan-Mac.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 5:13 AM, bob345 said:

This isn't news.......

Yes it is.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

~snip~

I think It's the only one that breaks the trend. Can't remember all the names.

-アパゾ

5 minutes ago, APasz said:

I think It's the only one that breaks the trend. Can't remember all the names.

The last 3 weren't names after cats.

there was Mountain lion (last cat named one), Mavericks (a place in California I think), Yosemite (some weird ass mountain), And El Capitan (some extra bit of same said mountain)

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

59 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

there was Mountain lion (last cat named one), Mavericks (a place in California I think), Yosemite (some weird ass mountain), And El Capitan (some extra bit of same said mountain)

As I said. I stopped paying attention like 5 years ago. Seems they decided to break the trend ages ago.

-アパゾ

Wouldn't surprise me. Apple's naming scheme has been nothing short of cringe these past few years. MacOS doesn't roll nearly as well off the tongue as OS X.

On April 17, 2016 at 9:25 AM, AluminiumTech said:

Yosemite is a gigantic and beautiful national park. El Capitan is a mountain in Yosemite.