iFixit blows apart the iPhone 5s, fingers Apple's Touch ID sensor

Youbetternot

Apparently according to iFixit the Apple's Touch ID sensor could degrade over time if it isn't adequately protected.

ifixit5steardown.jpg

Apple's latest flagship smartphone is due in stores tomorrow morning, and naturally, iFixit has put one of the shipping units under a screwdriver before launch. We can't say we're surprised: these folks have sort of made a habit of it. The iPhone 5s teardown is currently marked as "in progress," but the disassembly artists have already found the device slightly more difficult to take apart than its predecessor, due to the Touch ID sensor's short connector cable. The new iPhone's 1560mAh battery (a modest upgrade from the iPhone 5's 1440mAh) is also held down by a ton of glue. The team expresses some concerns over the CMOS Touch ID sensor's sapphire crystal cover, cautioning that its accuracy could degrade over time if it isn't adequately protected.

Learn more here: Touch ID sensor

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

So you're saying nothing last forever? *mind blown*

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Everything degrades. It's natural. The material you're using to protect something degrades as well.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Everything degrades. It's natural. The material you're using to protect something degrades as well.

Something can degrade over time if you don't take care of it. Yep got it!

I think what they want to say is if the Touch ID sensor is broken you won't be able to open the iphone anymore, just what I think they are trying to say

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I think what they want to say is if the Touch ID sensor is broken you won't be able to open the iphone anymore, just what I think they are trying to say

Like most finger print sensors you need a pin password as backup in case you can't access it through your finger print, so I'm sure that is going to be the case here also.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

That iphone actually looks nice on the inside... I know when I replaced the screen on my sister Ipod touch (4th gen) that it was only help on with 3m double sided tape, and pretty much meant to break if you tried to replace it, since everything was hidden away and difficult to get at for no real reason... ( Ahem, almost breaking the PCB is actually what you are supposed to do to replace the screen.... )

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Like most finger print sensors you need a pin password as backup in case you can't access it through your finger print, so I'm sure that is going to be the case here also.

Ah ok

A little over four hours and orders can be placed.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

I just found out if I keep touching my eye ball it will affect my sight :(

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

People will just buy the iPhone 6 next year anyway.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP