H440 360mm rad

Go to solution Solved by Moonzy,
Just now, ibehymer said:

good air cooler that looks decent and is less than 130$?

try the dark rock series

the beefiest cooler in that line is the dark rock pro 3

be aware of ram clearance issues if you opt for the DRP3 though, you can refer to my build log for more info `-`

ive been having a problem with my i5-4690k over heating when under load, only have a stock cooler. i have a GTX 980 ti hybrid as well. so im considering what kind of cooler i want to get. do i want to get a corsair H110i GTX? do i want to get a custom loop? if i should get a custom loop would i want to watercool the CPU and GPU together on the same loop? or just use a 240mm rad and cool only the CPU?

Intel Core i5-4690k EVGA GTX 980 Ti Gigabyte Z97-UD3H(blackedition) Corsair 850RMx 16GB Kingston FURY hyperX 240gb sandisk ssd 250gb samsung evo ssd H440 black and blue corsair k95 RGB Logitech g502

2 minutes ago, ibehymer said:

ive been having a problem with my i5-4690k over heating when under load, only have a stock cooler. i have a GTX 980 ti hybrid as well. so im considering what kind of cooler i want to get. do i want to get a corsair H110i GTX? do i want to get a custom loop? if i should get a custom loop would i want to watercool the CPU and GPU together on the same loop? or just use a 240mm rad and cool only the CPU?

H110 would do just fine providing it fits in your case. 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Get a NZXT Kraken x61 for an AIO on cooler and replace the fans with Rosewill Hyperborea 140 mm fans, this should give you more static pressure along with making it quieter. If you plan on going with an custom loop with a gpu + cpu please be prepared to spend $700+ dollars on good rads, good pump, good res, and good tubing, along with blocks. And @iDeFecZx it would be lot better to go with the Kraken since it keeps it cooled better. Pretty much all bench marking I've come across has shown lower temps on the Kraken x61 vs the H110 or H110 GTX or H115. Plus they are quieter and adjust your fan speed automatically based on system usage.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

get a good air cooler

dont go liquid unless you can replace your parts comfortably incase something bad happens

liquid tends to have more points of failure anyway

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

3 minutes ago, ddbtkd456 said:

Get a NZXT Kraken x61 for an AIO on cooler and replace the fans with Rosewill Hyperborea 140 mm fans, this should give you more static pressure along with making it quieter. If you plan on going with an custom loop with a gpu + cpu please be prepared to spend $700+ dollars on good rads, good pump, good res, and good tubing, along with blocks. And @iDeFecZx it would be lot better to go with the Kraken since it keeps it cooled better. Pretty much all bench marking I've come across has shown lower temps on the Kraken x61 vs the H110 or H110 GTX or H115. Plus they are quieter and adjust your fan speed automatically based on system usage.

I hadnt heard much about the x61 plus the OP only mentioned the H110, thats why I said to go for it. Either way hes gonna get lower temps than on the stock cooler so either choice works :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

Just now, Moonzy said:

get a good air cooler

dont go liquid unless you can replace your parts comfortably incase something bad happens

....but....but....but....it looks so pretty....and I do agree with you on that eventually something will fail on liquid coolers.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

3 minutes ago, ddbtkd456 said:

....but....but....but....it looks so pretty....and I do agree with you on that eventually something will fail on liquid coolers.

Tbf, eventually something will fail on most PC components. But then again its easier to replace a fan than an entire AIO :P

4 minutes ago, ddbtkd456 said:

this just in today

22 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

get a good air cooler

even for AIO water coolers?

Intel Core i5-4690k EVGA GTX 980 Ti Gigabyte Z97-UD3H(blackedition) Corsair 850RMx 16GB Kingston FURY hyperX 240gb sandisk ssd 250gb samsung evo ssd H440 black and blue corsair k95 RGB Logitech g502

4 minutes ago, ibehymer said:

even for AIO water coolers?

aio coolers vs custom coolers

the only difference is less maintainance

you have to drain custom loop every 6 to 12 months, depending on your liquid and stuffs

reliability wise, if the custom loop is well made, it tends to be more reliable then aio

AIO's pump are the ones to fail after 3 to 5 years most of the time

dead pump = useless `-`

custom loop normally use much better stuffs if you dont cheap out (and therefore cost as much as a decent gpu or more lol)

a good pump in a custom loop can cost as much as a dual rad AIO loop lol

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

aio coolers vs custom coolers

the only difference is less maintainance

you have to drain custom loop every 6 to 12 months, depending on your liquid and stuffs

reliability wise, if the custom loop is well made, it tends to be more reliable then aio

AIO's pump are the ones to fail after 3 to 5 years most of the time

dead pump = useless `-`

custom loop normally use much better stuffs if you dont cheap out (and therefore cost as much as a decent gpu or more lol)

a good pump in a custom loop can cost as much as a dual rad AIO loop lol

so what would be a good air cooler that looks decent and is less than 130$?

do you really need a 280mm AiO for i5?

get a cheaper one or get 212 evo

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Just now, ibehymer said:

good air cooler that looks decent and is less than 130$?

try the dark rock series

be aware of ram clearance issues if you opt for the DRP3 though, you can refer to my build log for more info `-`

2 minutes ago, DXMember said:

do you really need a 280mm AiO for i5?

get a cheaper one or get 212 evo

i do not like how the 212 evo looks

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

try the dark rock series

okay. ill look around a bit. thank you